The meet-up

My Other Half

 

It was the third day i helped Mr Cha to do his works. Well, what can i say, it was my own fault anyway. I know Mr Cha have his own reason for doing so. The result can be seen as i never ever EVER slept in his class again.

"Aishhh, why are these files so heavy" I talked to myself as i walked up the flights of stairs. Mr Cha had asked my help to bring the files from his class to his desk in the teacher's room. Pleaseeeee, let this week pass quickly, i begged. I promise i will never sleep in his class again. I started mumbling out words again to distract myself from the heaviness of the files. It feels 1kg heavier everytime I took each step.

The sun shines brightly against the big window. Its been nice to have a good weather like this. Its nice, but urghhhhh Man! This is heavy...

I should have listened to Mr Cha's advice. I should have only take half of it during the break and take the other half after school. If it is not because of my tenacious spirit to go back as quickly as possible after school i wouldnt have been this tired. Aihhhh, naeun-ahhhh....

"Hmmmm, is there anything that I can help you with?" said a voice. I tried to look at where the voice was coming from but because of the bright light i could only see a silhouette leaning against the wall with a book on his hand.

I tried looking harder behind the stacks of files..1....2....3....after blinking three times i finally see the owner of the voice as he closes the book he was reading, stands up and walks closer to me.

"I am sorry but i couldnt help it since you were mumbling some words. I thought that you were talking to me", said the owner of the voice, smiling brightly against the bright blue sky and warm sunshine. He walks closer to me, trying to have a look at my face behind the files. I was so stunned by his action that I suddenly froze and then took a step back.

"AHHHHH !" i screamed when i realised that i was actually at the edge of the stairs. I quickly closed my eyes, embracing the fact that i'll fall..ahhh, mom is going to be so worried if i fall like this...what if i broke my ankles? ahhh, dad is going to nag after this...aishhh, i should have been more careful.

one second...two...three....ehhhh?  why didnt i feel anything? hmmmmm, why is it so comfy? I thought that marble tiles are supposed to be rock-hard. I quickly opened my eyes and looked around.

Fuhhh...thank goddness i didnt fall. I was actually lying close to the edge of the staircase. Mr. Cha's files were scaterred around me.

"Ehemmmm...can u please stand up now", the owner of the voice talked again. This time his voice felt ridiculously close. i looked around again. Where is he exactly?

"Errr....miss.....down here", the owner of the voice said again as if he knows what the girl was thinking about.

OMOOOOO.....

I quickly stand up. "Chaesunghamnida....I  am really sorry. I didnt mean to fall into you", eh? wait...why suddenly it sounded like a confession.

"Ahhh, i didnt mean that i fall for you or anything..but...aishhh", this is my habit ! i always have problem talking to someone i dont know. I ears were scarlet red by then, even the summer heat doesnt feel as hot as this.

Hahahahaha. The owner of the sweet voice suddenly laugh and then he said,

" Ani, its okay. I understand. So, can i help you with these?" as he looked at the scattered files.

Without waiting for my answer, he already started collecting the files and filling them into the box that i had carried before. He was tall, lean, smart looking and...i dont know, he is somehow friendly looking and have this bright-aura-thingy-going-on.

"You really do always spaced out dont you?" he said with a smile lit on his radiant face. He had finished collecting all the files when he realised that the girl was looking at him.

"Let's go...where should we take this to?", he said as he walk towards the stairs. Leaving Naeun blinking in confusion. She, somehow reminded him of Kai. The emptiness he had felt without Kai before was instantly filled with the girl's presence. He instantaneously feel happy again. Ahhh, today is going to be a good day !

"Ahhhh, wait for me..."  i blinked again. Amazed by how easy he carried that heavy box of files. A smile curved up on my face. Ahhh, this weather made my day !