Concealer

The Makeup Foundation {requests?}

What is a Concealer?

concealer or colour corrector is a type of makeup used to mask dark circles, age spots, large pores, and other small blemishes visible on the skin. It is like foundation, but thicker and used to hide different pigmentation by blending the imperfection into the surrounding skin tone. It is normally applied after primer, but before foundation and used on the face.

 

Choosing a Concealer

You will want to pick a concealer that is about one shade lighter than your natural skin color. To make sure that the color you are buying is right, try to test them out right at the store. Ideally, go to the store without any makeup on and try the concealer right onto your face. However, you can also just test the concealer on the inside of your arm if you would rather not go out of house barefaced. Also, you will also want to choose a concealer that has yellow undertones. That will give you the most natural look.

Applying Concealer

Concealer is so versatile, that you can literally apply concealer anywhere that you need it. It can help cover dark circles, age spots, blemishes, large pores and off-color areas. It is best to pick a concealer that has a wand; this will ensure accuracy when applying the concealer. Take the wand and sufficiently cover all areas of concern. Next, blend well with your fingers or a sponge. Make sure to cover the concealer with powder or it will rub off by mid-day.

Concealer Tips

  • Even if you do not have blemishes or other imperfections, you should always apply concealer underneath the eyes. It will help your eyes to look brighter and make your face appear more vibrant.
  • Use liquid concealer for dry skin
  • Use solid concealer for pimples, scars and bruises.
  • Use concealer with yellow undertones to hide dark circles. It will give you the most natural finish possible.
  • Use concealer with blue or green undertones to conceal a ruddy skin tone.

 

Applying the Right Concealer

 

Choose a concealer that is one to two shades lighter than your foundation.

 

  • If you don't use an overall foundation, choose a concealer that is one to two shades lighter than your natural skin color.
     
  • To find the right foundation, apply a few different shades to your jawline, and use a hand mirror to determine which one best blends in with the rest of your skin. Once you have found the right foundation, find a concealer that is one to two shades lighter.
     
  • Test the concealer on your problem areas. You will need a lighter color for under-eye circles and dark spots than you will for blemishes or redness.
     
  • Ask a sales associate at the makeup counter to help match you with the right color if you are having trouble doing it yourself.

1. Wash and moisturize your face. The moisturizer will help set the makeup, and keep your skin from getting too dry.

2. Choose a well-lit area to apply your makeup. This will ensure that your concealer is applied evenly, and that you haven't missed any blemishes or dark spots. For best results, use natural light.

3. Apply concealer to under-eye circles. This will conceal your dark circles.

Apply several dots of concealer underneath your lashes and to the inner corners of your eyes using your finger, a Q-tip, or an applicator wand. Gently blend in the concealer using a quick tapping motion with your index or middle finger. Don't rub too hard, as the skin around your eye is very delicate, and you will end up wiping the concealer off.

4. Cover up blemishes and/or scars. Apply the concealer to the red areas using your finger or a Q-tip. Gently rub the concealer in, allow it to dry completely, and then add another layer if necessary.

5. Apply foundation over the concealer, if desired. This will help further blend in the concealer and create an even, smooth complexion.

 

 

Source: http://www.quinceanerasmagazine.com/articles/what-is-concealer-used-for

http://www.wikihow.com/Apply-Concealer

 


Miyake's Tips:

Concealer. Concealer. Concealer. I love using a concealer! It cover up my flaws like my acne scars, blemishes, dark circles and etc.

People might ask why use foundation or BB cream when you can just use concealer to cover up your flaws perfectly? Now the point is, concealer gives good results but it coverage your face heavily thus not allowing your skin to breath. So don't cake your face with concealer! Only use concealer for your acne scars, your blemishes, your dark circles! Or else your skin cannot live!

Now for the concealer I recommend you all (not in ordern):

1. Benefit Erase Paste Concealer

This concealer is easy to blend and it has pink undertones. This will be perfect to brighten your face and for full coverage.

2. M.A.C Mineralize Concealer

This is a creamy concealer illuminating your skin. It gives medium coverage, perfect for brightening the under-eye and fixes discoloration.

3. Bobbi Btown Tinted Eye Brightener

This is a brightening cream that is perfect for brightening the under-eye. Using this will cover up your sleepy eyes. 

4. Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer

This is a full coverage concealer and can be used anywhere on the face.

5. Clinique Advanced Concealer

A cream-like concealer that gives you a matte powder like result.

6. Clarins Instant Light Complexion Perfector

This concealer gives you a glowy, luminous skin.

 

I gave you six choices but then if you're still confused on which concealer to choose, try Make Up For Ever's! I am currently using Make Up For Ever and I love it to the max! I used M.A.C's before as well as Clinique and all of them are just a perfect product for my skin!

That is it for this topic!

Comment below and share the concealer you are currently using or the concealer you recommend us to use! Would love to hear about it and as you know, I love trying on new things and makeup is definitely one of those. :)


If you have any questions, advices, feedbacks, requests, comments and would like to know about this chapter further, please wall and/or message me. Will highly appreciate!

Love, Miyake :)