BB Cream

The Makeup Foundation {requests?}

Today's "The Makeup Foundation" lesson will be on BB Cream! ♥


What is BB Cream?

BB Cream also known as Blemish Balm Cream is one of Asia's most popular beauty products. BB Cream came from Germany where it is used for healing scars caused by laser skin surgery by dermatologists due to its skin regenerating properties. Korean stars then started using BB Cream as a beauty product and since then, the trend has spreaded throughout Asia as well as Europe and USA.

What BB Creams Do

Many BB creams offer effective sun protection, with broad-spectrum SPF 30 or higher. It generally contains zinc oxide or titanium oxide, physical sunblocks that have some built-in water-resistant properties.

BB Creams are also suited for people with sensitive or acne-prone skin. At the same time, BB Cream gives you the advantage of a skin care product as well as a makeup product covering blemishes, dark spots, redness and many more.

 

When it comes to skin treatment, you can find BB creams that contain:

  • Anti-aging components, including peptides and antioxidants such as vitamins A, E, and C
  • Moisturizing workhorses like hyaluronic acid and glycerin
  • Ingredients such as licorice and arbutin that help even out skin tone
  • Light-reflecting mica to give skin a luminous finish
  • Silicone-based ingredients, such as dimethicone, that help smooth the skin, acting much like a foundation primer does

Benefits and Features of BB Cream

- Produces a very natural, "no makeup look"
Provides perfect coverage like a foundation would but since it's not as thick, it doesn't clog the pores
Works pretty much like a tinted moisturizer
Conceals all types of pigmentation, discoloration, acne and other blemishes
Has healing properties that soften, smoothen and refine skin
Encourages skin regeneration to create and maintain youthful skin
Contains UV Protection for healthy skin (SPF levels differ for each brand/product)
Anti-wrinkle and skin-lightening benefits (available for some variants)

Source: http://www.webmd.com/beauty/makeup/beauty-balms-bb-creams

http://www.squidoo.com/b-b-cream


Miyake's Tips:

BB Cream is a makeup as well as a skincare product that I have been using ever since the start of when I used makeup. It is the basic makeup product that I first use before applying concealer, blush on and other makeup products. Once you use BB Cream, you don't have to use foundation to cover your blemishes, etc. For some reason, I always use BB Cream and seldom use foundation. For me, foundation does not feel comfortable. It feels quite heavy and BB Cream has more advantages and benefits, you see? 

The BB Cream that I recommend you all is Etude House's Precious Mineral Bright Fit BB Cream!

There are also other types of Etude House BB Cream such as the BB Magic Cream or the Precious Mineral BB Cream for All Day Strong or simply just the Precious Mineral one.

I like the bright fit one as it gives me the young, radiant and moist skin and it also protects me against UV damage and wrinkles! It will definitely brighten your skin.

There are four colors for you to choose from: 

- Light Beige

- Natural Beige

- Honey Beige

- Sand Beige

The color of the BB cream depends on your skin color. As for me I have a very white, pale skin so I use the light beige one. If you're tan then use the Sand Beige one.

A lot of makeup gurus especially those who do ulzzang or gyaru ones use this BB Cream or at least they use Etude House!

The price is also not that expensive, relatively cheap as it is a very good quality one and compared to MAC's or Bobbi Brown's or those very high class ones, this one is perfect just for you!

I love this BB Cream, as far as I remember, this is the only BB Cream brand aside from Clinique's.

Clinique's a great BB Cream too but however, Etude House's suits me better.


If you have any questions, concerns and anything you would like to know about this chapter further, please wall or message me. Will be glad to help you!

♥  Miyake