Eumi's Unfortunate Event

The Boy Next Door (HIATUS)

I really at giving tittle..Sorry guys

***************************************************************************

 

(EUMI'S POV)
 

I am gonna check my mails , maybe my family sends me a message. When I opened my mails , I saw a message from my younger sister Mi-Hi and a message from my Mom. They were asking how'd i've been. There's also a messge from Chin-hoo ,my chatmate. He's also aking how'd i've been.He's a kind chatmate ,so I continued to chat with him. Chin-hoo, became my cyberfriend. We are not asking too personal questions, but aside from that , they chat about almost everything. I am more confident telling him secrets ,than most of my friends. They said that it is easier to confide to a stranger than to someone you know ,because the person you know have the tendency to tell it to other person.

According to Chin-hoo, he is twenty-eight (28) years old like me and also a korean. Aside from that ,we doesn't know any other personal information about each other. We are exchanging messages for more than a year now ,I guess.After that , I turned of the Computer.

(THE NEXT DAY)

" Eumi ,go on the disco with us tomorrow .Please?" Sook-jo said . She's also a medical trancriptionist.

 

"Uhm. I'll think about it. 'Coz I don't wanna be out of place." I said to her. Because ,they will bring there boyfriends along.

 

"Don't worry. We already have a solution for that.  Dong-sun will bring his cousin  Chong-ho along ,so you will have a partner." Choon-hee said. Dong-sun is Choon-hee's boyfriend. She keeps giving me dates, her reason is ,she's the only one without a lovelife.

 

" I don't want another blind date. Maybe ,you will give me again a brute looking man." I said pouting ,while putting on a lipstick.We just finish eating and they are in the powder room to retouch their make-ups before going back to their respective offices.

 

"Dong-sun said that his cousin is handsome." said Choon-hee .defending her boyfriend.

 

"Maybe ,feeling handsome,looking brute." said  Sook-Joo

 

Choon-hee gave Sook-joo a dangerous stare. " I thought , your gonna help me convince Eumi? Then ,Why are you against it?

 

"That's enough. I'll think about it ,okay?"  I said to them before they turn the whole powder room into a battle field.

 

( AT THE DISCO BAR)

 

Wow, he really is handsome!  I said to my self  after they introduce me to Chong-ho. Tall ,dark and handsome. He is a graduate of Law and currently taking the Bar Exam. But I am more excited ,because I think for the first time, the blind date choon-Hee gave me is not a brute looking guy.

 

Because they keep insisting that I should come with them ,that is why I end up coming along. So we met up at this Changgwangsan Hotel in Pyongyang where they have a disco bar inside. I went there along with Sook-Joo and her boyfriend Hyun-Ki who pick us up from work. While, Choon-Hee , Dong-Sun and his cousin Chong-hu ,went there first. The table is for six persons .We ,the girls ,will be sitting on one side ,and the boys on the other side.

 

"So, you are workmates?" Asked Chong-ho.

 

"Yes, we met there and eventually became friends." I said to him. " How about you? Are you a full-time reviewer?" I asked him.

 

"Yup. I have to .My Parents have high expectations from me ,since I graduated Magna Laude," he said while smirking.

 

"You don't brag about your self much ,do you?" Said Sook-Joo .While Choon-hee secretly hit her. Sook-Joo is known to be frank.

 

" There is nothing wrong in telling the truth , right?" Chong-ho said ,still smirking. Not even care about Sook-Joo's frankness.

 

I think, this will be a long night. I said to my self while watching at my wrist watch. It's still 8 o'clock in the evening.

 

Sook-Jo was about to answer to Chong-ho's boastfulness when Choon-Hee drag her to the dance floor.

 

" Don't you wanna dance?" Asked Chong-Ho.

 

" I'm sorry. But I don't know how to dance.Butif you want to dance, you can join them. " I said.

 

" Nah. Maybe the people will think i'm crazy dancing alone." He said.

 

I laughed at what he said.

 

" Let's go. I don' even know how to dance too. We'll just glide with the music. Maybe the people won't notice that we are left footed dancers." He added and stand up. He lend me his hand.

 

I smiled at what he said .and in the end we end up in the dance floor. But when we arrived in the dance floor ,he aggressively fulled me close to him. I wanted to push him away ,but I didn't . Why? Because i'm not that mean. But when the music changed into a sweet music, he started caressing my back. I really wanted to knee his " TREASURE" just between his thighs.But I stopped my self from doing it. When the music ended , I still excuse myself politely and head to the powder room.

 

What a ert. I said to my self. He might be thingking that all girls are an easy lay. We just met today and he already acted like that. I even thought that for the first time , my office mates gave me a normal blind date . Guess I was wrong.

 

When I already calmed myself a bit , I head back to my friends already sitting in our table. They are currently laughing at Hyun-ki's punch lines. Hyun-ki was our punch line king for he really is an expert in making us laugh.

 

" Did I miss anything?" I asked after a sitted.

 

" Uhm . We already ordered. But it's for all of us, so it's okay." Choon-hoo answered.

 

They continued laughing at Hyun'kis stories until the food arrived. I stared at Choon-hoo ,when Chong-ho doesn't care if he eat all the food that is supposed to ba a sharing. Me and Sook-jo secretly exchange stares. I was even turn-off when the time of paying , Chong-ho only gave 200 won. I handed  Dong-sun a 500 won.

 

" Don't worry about it. We ,the boys will pay for it." Dong-sun refused.

 

" It's okay . I understand If you wanted to treat you're girlfriends. But me, I am just an extra here. And i'm sure you and Hyun-ki will refund." I said . I really wanted to snob Chong-ho because of his greediness. But I stopped my self because he is still Dong-sun's cousin.

 

Sook-Jo laughed frantically because of what I said. She gets my point right away. Choon-Hee did not talk , I think because she doesn't  want her boyfriend and his cousin to be embarrassed. Dong-sun just lend me the changed and looked at his cousin. While Chong-ho doesnt care and pretended he didn't hear anything.

 

Aish! He's handsome ,yeah ,but he's not just stupidt looking ,but really stupid. I sighed. At least I know why until now Chong-ho still doesn't have a girlfriend. If not imbecile or stupid , the IQ of the girl who will like Chong-ho is negative.

 

" We can still dance." Said Choon-hee when I told them that I will be going home. They still doesn't want to go home.

 

"Yeah ,Eumi. We'll just give you a ride later." said Dong-sun.

 

"Sorry guys ,but I really have to go. I promised my mom that we will be online on SKYPE later." I lied. I don't want to dance with Chong-ho anymore or else i will really knee his " TREASURE" if he started caressing me again.

 

" Can I get your number?" Chong-ho asked after I stand up.

 

" Bye guys! Enjoy! " I said while pretending not to hear Chong-ho. I don't entend on having a communication with that guys.

 

I quikly ran outside and flag down a taxi. But unfortunately ,almost all the taxi's occupied. I walked for a few minutes away from the club hoping to get a public vehicle. But unfortunately again, looks like that no public vehicle goes this way. When I was a like already far from the club,  I opened my bag to get my cellphone when I noticed that my wallet is not there. I started to panic and search my entire bag. But it really is not there.

 

I was thingking of going back to the bar ,but i'm tired  and i'm already far from there. So i get my phone and pressed the #1, that was assigned for Sook-Jo for speed dialing.

 

" Hello."

 

I frowned when I heard Jonhyun's voice. I looked at my phone.  I accidentally pressed the Call Registre, and blast, the last call I made was with Jonghyun .So the last number in my registre is the one I accidentally called. and that's JONGHYUN.

 

" I'm so sorry ,Jonghyun.  I made a mistake . I'm supposed to call Sook-jo." I asked for an apology.

 

" Is that it? Do you need anything?" Jonghyun asked

 

I was reluctant at first ,but since I already called him, I just told him my problem. He asked me ,where I am at the moment. I told him.

 

" Stay there. Your lucky i'm close to that place. I'll be there in 10 minutes." Jonghyun said to  me.

 

I'm a bit teary when Jonghyun arrived. When he came out from his Ford Ranger FX4 he went closer to me. I can't hold myself from hugging him. I was like a child lost for a long time and was found by my Umma. I still wanted to hug him because of a different security that he is giving me, but he broke the moment and said : "Hey! You're cold,". He take off his jacket and put it in my sholders. " Why are you wearing a sleeveless ,by the way?" he asked like a big brother, while still fixing the his jacket to secure I won't get cold.

 

" What do you want me to wear? A long-sleeves and turtle neck ? It was hot inside the club." I answered defensively.

 

He did not answered back and led me to the car.

 

" Are we going to go get your wallet?" Jonghyun asked me before starting up the engine.

 

" I will just call Choon-Hee," I said . I called her when we're already on the road. Butunfortunately, They already left.

 

" Let's go back to the bar." said Jonghyun when I told him that my friends already left the bar.

 

" No. Never mind that . It just contains 500 won and my postal ID. Thank God I didn't put mu other ID's and ATM cards."  I don't want to burden him anymore by going back to the club.. " And besides ,we are caught in the traffic . I just wish , someone kind will return my wallet because it is an original Louis Vuitton."

 

" We can go back." he said

 

I held his hand and said : " Don't worry about it."

 

When we arrived home , I invited him to have some coffee but he refuse. He said that I have to rest. Maybe I already looked hagard because of what happened a while ago. If ever I went back to the bar and found out my friends aren't there anymore and didn't find my wallet , I will be really walking home. Thank god I accidentally called Jonghyun. I hand him back his jacket.

 

" Thank you so much. I have so many debt to you," I smiled before closing the car's door.

 

"You're always welcome. One day, i'll collect your payment. Don't worry." Jonghyun said while Grinning.

 

" Why are you in that area anyway?I'm always lucky that you are always near when I need help." I remembered. So i asked him.

 

"Be thankful that I went to a client near that area. If not, you're gonna wait for at least 30 minutes before I can fitch you." He winked at me before he closed the car's window.

 

Jonghyun waited until I get inside the my house before he drove to his house. I smiled at my self while closing the gate. Jonghyun is really reliable.

( End of EUMI's POV)