The Handsome Neighbor

The Boy Next Door (HIATUS)

Sorry guys if my title ..haha ..i really can't think of a good tittle .So i just hope you will like the story.

********************************************************

 

(EUMI'S POV)

 

"Aish! Why does this have to happen to me today when im in a hurry?" I can't even leave the faucet still dripping because it will flood inside the house.I hurridly go outside and went to my neighbor, Jonghyun.I pushed the doorbell 3 times before the hosemaid Bo-bae holmani went to the gate.

 

"Oh, what is it Eumi?" she asked me while opening the gate.BO-Bae holmani is Jonghyun's family housemaid eversince she's young.Holmani is really kind to me. Because she knew that I am living alone.That is why she keeps on giving me food she cooked and even asking how'd i've been.

 

"I'm so sorry to disturb you holmani ,but can I please borrow some of Jonghyun's tools? Because my faucet is broken." I said.

 

" Oh,is that it?Well ,come inside first." Bo-bae halmoni said before walking back inside the house.

 

I went to there Garden Set and I waited there. If there is an occasion like Christmas, I am always invited to celebrate with them.I am twelve (12) when we transferred to our new house, which is the one I am living to right now.Jonghyun's mom is my brother Park Jung Soo or Leeteuk's godmother.The only son of the Kim's ,Jonghyun ,is Leeteuk's bestfriend.

 

"Halmoni said that the faucet in your house is broken."

 

I immediately turned my head to the owner of the voice. And there he is ,Jonghyun , holding the tools I am supposed to use fix the faucet.

 

" I'm sorry to disturb you,Jonghyun. There is just a little problem in the faucet. And I'm in a hurry because we have a staff meeting." I said while waking back to the house.

 

I've been living by myself for 7 years now.My family migrated to texas already.I am already 21 when the petition papers was processed ,so yeah ,I was left here in Korea.

 

"It's okay. If you want ,you can leave the key of your house to me, so you won't be late. I'll just lock the door when i'm finished here." he said,while checking the tube below. "Did you bathe already?"

 

"Yes. I was just supposed to wash the dishes. Why? " I asked.

 

"Because I have to turn off the valve outside 'coz ,looks like there's also a problem in the tube's elbow and needs replacement." he answered while still checking the tube using a flashlight.

 

"Aigoo, the damage is that big? Okay, i'll just leave you the key. Just list the things I have to buy after work ,so that I can buy it if there is still an open hardware shop." I am really shy for disturbing him, but I can't do anything. Jonghyun, is the only person I can seek for help. I am really empressed because he knows everything from Electronics, Plumbing and even Carpentry.

 

"I'll just buy it. I'll just put the receipt on the table and tell halmoni to give you the key when you arrive from work." he said while walking outside the house to turn off the valve.

 

I went upstairs to change my clothes. When I went down, I saw that Jonghyun is already in the kitchen cutting the damaged tube.

 

" Jonghyun, thank you. I'll leave some money and the key in the table. I will just clean the mess later"

 

He nodded and said "Take care" while smiling.

 

"Thank you very much." I went closer to him and kissed him on the forehead. He obviously was shocked. But them he smiled.

 

Because Jonghyun is Leeteuk's bestfriend , and they grow up together, I already treated him as a family. He is like a younger brother to me. Jonghyun and Bo-bae holmani became her family, when her family migrated to Texas.

 

When I arrived at the office , Mrs.Cho isn't there yet ,so I was relieved.

 

"I though I'm late," I said to Choon-Hee, one of our medical transcriptionist.

 

"Yeah ,thank god Mrs.Cho isn't here yet or you'll be demerit." Choon-Hee said.

 

" I just had a problem with faucet. Aish! " I said.

 

I am a junior editor in SM Service, Inc. It is just a one ride from my house that is why I applyed here,when I stopped My Medical Course.

 

I was already in my Second year in Medicine proper when my Dad died in a car accident in Texas. My Family decided to cremate him since it is so expensive to ship my dad's body whole back here in korea.

 

Because of it, I stopped schooling and find a job. My Mom can't support my schooling since my Tuetion Fee is really expensive. And my two other younger siblings is still schooling. In that way , Mom , doesn't have to support me anymore.

 

I started as a SM Trainee. For Five years of working there, I've been promoted a couple of times already untill i became a Junior Editor. My Supervisor told me that I am excelent in this field and it is not impossible for me to reach my goals. I thank my Supervisor for the trust given to me and to my ability.

 

When Mrs. Cho arrived we, started the meeting right away. The reason of the meeting is because of the upcoming SM Seminar ,which will be held in COEX (COnvention EXhibition) Center.  One editor and two medical transcriptionist will complete each team that is going to be send by the Medical transcriptionst Company. Every branch of SM Service will send teams to that seminar.

 

"Hyo-Soon unnie ,buy me something there ,okay?" I said to our Senior Editor and a close friend of mine. She is one of the members to be send to the seminar.

 

"Sure. But give me some money ,okay?" Hyo-Soon unnie said jokingly.

 

"Ofcourse ,unnie. I won't ask from you for free ,especially now that you are getting ready to give birth." said Choon-Hee.

 

Hyo-Soon unnie is six months pregnant and all of us are excited to see the baby. Unnie's first two babies are boys, so Unnie and her husband were hoping that it will ba a girl this time. Hyo-soon unnie did not go through Ultra-sound ,'coz she wanted it to be a surprise.

 

"Choon-Hee ,just say it .Your salary is big ,but you still want me to treat you." Unnie said.

 

We all laugh because of what Unnie said. Indead, the company gives us good salary ,that is why employies rarely resigns.The screening is hard ,but one's your are ion ,you won't regret it. They are very caring to the employies.

 

After work , I stop by in the arcade beside our Building. I went to the Kimchi store.  It is our favorite ( Jonghyun and I) . I bought him some kimchi as a THANK YOU for helping me earlier.

 

I am 3 years older than Leeteuk ,so more or less Leeteuk and Jonghyun have the same age. Especially ,that Jonghyun's smiles makes him look more younger. II am not the type of person , who always ask for the age that is why i never know what is Jonghyun's exsact age.

 

All I know is ,he graduated with the couse odf Mechanical Engineering and already have a license, but chose to just open a Mechanical Shop with car wash and cafe, because of his love for the cars. Car Modification is the specialty of his shop.He has a lot of customers. Infact he already modify five cars. He own cars starting from Vintage car upto the latest Porsche .

 

Oner of the Most Beautiful Houses ib our subdivision , is Jonghyun's Family's house. But ,they did not brag about it ,because they are very down-to-earth family. Sometimes ,I want to laugh ,because my "HANDYMAN" is richer than me.

 

After buying the kimchi which I will give to Jonghyun, I went home. When I arrived at our Subdiision , I went straight to Jonghyun's house. I learned from Holmani that Jonghyun isn't home yet. I just told Holmani that she can eat some ,bacause I bought many kimchi. I thank Holmani after she gave my my key and went home.

 

I went straight to the kitchen and saw the receipt and change  of the money in the table. When Jonghyun repair something a few months ago , he did not want me to pay for the materials that he used. So I got  pissed off and never talked to him for a week untill he said sorry.

 

I saw that the tube is already new and everything is fine. But when I saw the sink , I made the face (WHAT-THE). Because Jonghyun already washed the dishes I left this morning. I saw a nothe in the refrigerator from Jonghyun . He said there is food inside. I opened the refregerator and saw 2 bowls. One with rice and one with korean dumplings and kimchi , and in a small cup is my favorite dessert, Ice cream .Yum . I smiled.

 

I though that I will be a nice idea if my younger sister Mi-Hi and Jonghyun will marry .But I heard that Mi-Hi already have a boyfriend and Leeteuk  have a fiancee. I am the only one without a lovelife between the three of us. My last relationship ,was when i was still studying in Med-school. But because I stopped schooling and have to work , Me and Jaejoong had to broke up because we don't have time for each other already.

I am not ugly, if that is what you think the reason why I don't have a lovelife.Modesty aside ,many tells me I am beautiful and y. Maybe ,it is not just the time for me ,to fall inlove again and go on a serious relationship.I decided to call Jonghyun to say Thank you. But he isn't picking his phone up. After a few more rings, he still did not answer his phone. So I just gave up. Maybe he is busy and I am disturbing him.

 

I went to my room and change my clothes. Afterwards, I went to the kitchen to re-heat the food Jonghyun gave me. I finished re-heating it and I placed it in the center table in the sala. I opened the Television and DVD player and put the X-Men Origins. I started eating as soon as the movie started playing ,but the doorbell rang. I look trough the window and fine out it's Jonghyun. I paused the movie and went outside to talk to Jonghyun.

 

" Jonghyun ,thank you for fixing the tube in the kitchen." I said to him while opening the gate.

 

"I'ts nothing. Ouch." He said when I opened the gate.

 

I remembered that he wash the dishes I am supposed to wash. That is why I hit him in the arm.

 

"What's wrong with you?Your saying thank you ,then your gonna hit me?" He said wondering while carressing his arm.

 

"Your so hard headed. I told you before I left for work that I will clean the mess .Plus you wash the dishes." I said while pouting.

 

"Why? Are you sure that it's me who washed the dishes? You have a ghost living with you right?" he sail while smirking.

I gave him a death stare. He knows that I am scared on things like that. When he was about to scare me again , I threat him with my powerfull pinch.

 

He was laughing while avoiding my hand to pinch him more and showed me a peace sign. I just snob him while surpressing a smile.

 

" Yah, thank you for the kimchi. And sorry I wasn't able to answer your call a while ago because I was driving and I forgot to bring my earphones." he said.

 

"I'ts nothing. It was just my way of saying thank you. And thank you also for the dinner. Have you eaten dinner already? You gave me a lot of food. I was watching X-Men origins before you arrived, you wanna watch?" I invited him.

 

" WOW .I haven't watch it yet. Sure , i wanted to watch that. But I already ate in the shop before heading home. I just get the Kimchi you bought earlier, I'll share it with you." he said and hurridly went inside his house to get the kimchi

(END OF EUMI"S POV)

 

(JONGHYUN"S POV)

 

I was smiling while heading home. I lied to Eumi. Actually , I already watch the movie on it's premiere night in COEX Mall. I only said that ,so that I will be able to spend much time with her.



I have feeling for Eumi ,but I don't have the courage to tell her. I can't even say it to my bestfriend, Leeteuk ,because we, along with our other friends had a rule not to mess with each others siblings.But, eventhough Leeteuk is in Texas already , I still don't have the courage to confess because she only treated me as a brother. I am contented with our situation right now , it is better that way ,than confessing to her and avoid me afterwards.

(END OF JONGHYUN'S POV)

 

*********************************************************************

 

Sorry guys if the ending for this chapter is like that. My mind is still processing ..