Chapter 14

Magnetic Attraction

Humming while washing the dishes after lunch, Cherie was on her last few when she felt a pair of strong arms encircle her from the back, hugging her firmly. Startled, she squeaked and turned around, only to find Hyukjae grinning sweetly at her, his chin resting lightly on her shoulder.

“I couldn’t help it. I’ve always dreamed of doing this with my girlfriend,” Hyukjae said.

Cherie smiled as she continued. Sighing, Hyukjae dug his nose into her hair as he closed his eyes and breathed in her scent.

“You smell so good I could just eat you."

Cherie giggled as Hyukjae started nibbling her neck.

“Can we just stay like this for eternity?” he whispered.

“CHERRRR!!! CAN YOU COME UP HERE FOR A SECOND?” Hyorin hollered from Donghae’s room.

Cherie turned around with a roll of her eyes, looking helplessly at Hyukjae.

“Don’t leave me,” Hyukjae said querulously, his mouth turning upside down in a frown.

“I'll be back,” Cherie patted his chest as Hyukjae unwillingly let her go. Trudging upstairs, she cracked her knuckles, getting ready to have a full-out cat-fight if Hyorin didn't have a good enough reason for making her leave Hyukjae.

“This better be good Kim Hyorin because you made me leave the most adorable man on this earth alone in the kitchen looking like a sad puppy,” Cherie yelled.

“I’m sorry but I’m with no clothes to wear except a wet towel,” Hyorin said flatly from the inside of Donghae’s room.

“WHAT?” Cherie demanded, propping her ear against the door.

“We, ugh... um – well, wehookeduplastnightandhe’stakingashowerrightnow,” Hyorin spoke really fast, slurring all the words together.

“So that’s why there were all those stray clothes lying on the living room floor this morning,” Cherie laughed.

“You’re not going to give me your whole spiel this time?” Hyorin asked incredulously. "I thought you didn't like it when I go this fast with a guy."

“Come on, everyone knew that you guys were going to do it sooner or later. I’m surprised you even held out that long,” Cherie said casually.

“So you're calling me hoe?!”

“Of course. I’m pretty sure you must be exhausted from last night,” Cherie teased. “You know, with all that physical activity. It must be totally draining.”

“Yes but it was amazing. You’re just jeal--"

“TRALALALALAAAA I CAN’T HEAR YOU,” Cherie singsonged as she skipped into their shared room to find some clothes.

Maybe she a tad bit jealous.

Just a little.

~*~*~*~

"Hi nice to see you, can I help you gentlemen?" The gay manager asked Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker as they walked in the Versace store.

"Yeah. Imma need black, 42 long, and nothing touches this body but pure silk. And get my partner something from the kid's department," Chris said seriously.

"Kay. Would your partner like to be wrapped in silk as well? Some people think it's tacky, but I really enjoy it when couples dress alike."

"No, wait a minute no, this ain't no couple thing man. We're police officers, we're working on a very dangerous case and we need some clothes."

"Yes, there are a lot of men chasing us," Jackie added.

"As well they should be," the gay manager nodded gravely. "Listen, you have nothing to worry about okay, because I'm going to turn you two into the belle of the ball."

"Thank you," Jackie said.

"Absolutely. Let's start with you shall we? You got the mochacheena face, wonderful skin, and the big broad shoulders okay, let's put a dead animal on you!" The gay guy gestured excitedly towards Chris.

Rush Hour 2 Cut - (YouTube)


Cuddled together on the couch underneath a fuzzy blanket, Cherie and Hyukjae laughed hysterically as Jackie and Chris walked out of the store wearing crocodile skin suits.

Hyorin and Donghae decided to go out for some food since Cherie and Hyukjae were already finished, so the couple agreed on having a Jackie Chan movie marathon together in his living room.

The glow of the sun casting faint shadows over the magnificent landscape of the mountains that were in full view from the floor-to-ceiling living room windows made Cherie marvel at how one side of the house faced the wondrous beauty of Mother Nature while the other side faced a busy, cosmopolitan European city. It felt like she was a Greek goddess in her temple atop the acropolis with her Greek god, surveying and keeping an eye on their domain.

Hyukjae's face suddenly contorted into an odd expression before he let out a loud sneeze.

"AAAAAATTCCHHHOOOOOOOO!"

“Bless your soul dear child," Cherie drawled out in a southern accent.

Hyukjae rubbed his nose. "I'm flattered. I know you can’t stop thinking about me.”

“Who would be thinking of you? Chris Tucker should be the one sneezing. He’s so tall and so suave when he holds the gun and wow did you see that roundhouse kick he slammed on that bad guy? He’s so dreamy.”

Hyukjae wrinkled his eyebrows. “Heyyy!”

Blowing a raspberry, Cherie started screaming and writhing as Hyukjae began to tickle her sides with his agile fingers.

“AAHHHHAAHAHHAA STOP!”

Laughing, he pinned her against the couch, not letting her go.

“Admit it. You were thinking of me. You love me more,” Hyukjae threatened.

“… I got the mooooooooooooves like Jagger…”

“Saved by the bell!” Cherie yelled gleefully as she escaped to answer her cellphone. Talk about awesome timing.

Silently fuming, Hyukjae crossed his arms and legs petulantly.

“You can’t escape me forever!” he yelled at Cherie as she violently waved her arms, signaling for him to keep his mouth shut.

“Hello?” Cherie answered a little reservedly, stepping out of the living room into the balcony. Her phone didn’t recognize the caller ID, and she wasn’t expecting a call from anyone, unless…

“Good afternoon, is this Miss Cherie Liu?”

“Speaking.”

“This is the Human Resources department for Vogue Italia. Please hold while I transfer you to the head of the department.”

Absentmindedly digging her fingers into her palm, Cherie waited nervously.

“This is Amrie Jacques. I believe you came for the internship interview two days ago.”

“Th-that is correct ma’am."

“I am pleased to say that you have been chosen as one of our three photography interns for this summer. Your unassailable impression on me through your forthcoming and moving confession despite the circumstances that could’ve jeopardized your chances at this job really stood out among the copious numbers of applicants for this position.”

Cherie released a shaky breath in relief. “I’m sincerely grateful that you are willing to give me this chance to prove my passion through my work.”

“It comforts me to know that you are serious about this opportunity. Next week, Vogue will be holding a celebratory Black-Tie party to welcome the new interns. You will be receiving an invitation soon via mail.”

“Thank you!” Cherie expressed, feeling an immense joy consuming her whole being.

“You’re welcome. Oh, and bring that young man you mentioned with you too.”

“LEE HYUKJAE. I LOVE YOU!” Cherie shouted as she thanked Amrie and hit the end call button.

Surprised by her outburst, Hyukjae tried very hard to maintain a straight poker face, his arms still crossed. “What caused you to change your mind all of a sudden?”

But he couldn’t keep up with it for very long at the sight of her running hysterically over to him in his college sweatshirt she borrowed from him to keep herself warm over her short shorts, her loose bun bouncing on her head. Pouncing onto his lap, she straddled him with her legs as she attacked him with a deep, sensual kiss.

“First you deny your feelings for me over a celebrity, now you’re throwing yourself on me as if nothing happened?” Hyukjae said as she pulled away, his childish crankiness instantly dissolving into thin air.

“Say hello to a future Vogue photographer!” Cherie squealed, throwing her arms up in victory.

“You got the job? HELLO!!!!!!!” Hyukjae chuckled enthusiastically as he wrapped her in a huge bear hug.

“Let’s go celebrate!”

~*~*~*~

Strolling along the city streets hand in hand, they meandered around bistros, finding deliciously original gourmet delicacies bursting with exotic flavors while experiencing the tranquilizing scene of the city streets on a peaceful Tuesday night. Finding a quaint little café nestled in a cozy corner of a street, they people-watched and shared lighthearted, flirtatious conversation whilst sipping on cups of steaming hot java, savoring the delightful aroma and fragrances of the freshly brewed coffee beans. Soft jazz music was playing in the background, adding a frivolous yet y feeling to the atmosphere.

“This is by far the best date ever,” Cherie sighed as a man walked past the café with a big bouquet of white roses in his arms, a light spring in each step he took.

Hyukjae clasped his hand around Cherie’s that was resting on the round table separating them and smiled. "Congrats again for the internship. I'm so happy for you."

"Of course you should be. Now your poor girlfriend actually has a job and doesn't have to leech off of you."

"You can leech off of me your whole life and I wouldn't complain. You'd make a very cute leech by the way," he laughed.

"Heavens no. Those things are ugly," Cherie twisted her face in disgust.

Squeezing her hand, Hyukjae gave her a cheesy grin. "Even if you were the ugliest leech in the world, you'd still be the leech of my dreams."

Giggling, Cherie’s expressions softened.

"That's kind of romantic in a very weird way. Can I your blood now? I'm kind of hungry."

After having a great, relaxing night out, the couple was halfway back to Hyukjae's house when little droplets of water started falling from the sky. Soon after, a full shower of cooling summer rain started cascading down in full force.

"RUN!"

Laughing and sprinting like maniacs while firmly holding each other hands, they jumped over water puddles and dodged other pedestrians who were ambling slowly under their umbrellas. Soon enough, they arrived back home, squelching into the living room under the safe canopy of the structured roof. Gingerly taking his shoes off, Hyukjae bit his lips as he caught sight of Cherie wringing her long hair of the extra rain water in the kitchen sink. Her white t-shirt had been completely soaked through, clinging onto her skin and revealing her bra underneath. Clearing his throat, he looked away when Cherie turned around.

"You should go t-take a sh-shower," Hyukjae muttered, mentally slapping himself.

Cherie pursed her lips, puzzled. As she walked towards him, he furtively ducked his head and squeezed his eyes shut.

"What's wrong?"

"No-nothing, just go."

Cherie gave him a confused look but did what she was told.

'Damn,' he thought, his dry lips as she disappeared upstairs.

Just as he was taking his wet shirt off, the doorbell rang.

'Donghae and Leeteuk should have their keys, unless they forgot to take their keys with them for the umpteenth time.'

Running to the door, he opened it, but no one was standing there. Looking down, he saw a bulky manilla envelope resting on the doormat, but it had no return address and no one addressed to. After shaking the package and determining that it wasn't a bomb, he curiously peeked inside and saw a deck of photographs. Taking them out, a piece of paper fluttered to the ground.

"You don't want these going public now do you? Your friend's career will be over in the blink of an eye, but don't worry Cherie Liu, it's going to get much, much worse."

Thoroughly confused, Hyukjae glanced through the pictures of Donghae and Hyorin half , the night they went to Kibum's for dinner.

'What the ??!

-----------------------------------------------------------