Chapter one

A life full of love (Hiatus)

The sun peeked through the cracks in the blinds, filling the room with small beams of light. Birds can be heard chirping outside of the window, and the sound of shouting echoes throughout the house, causing Taemin to stir. He reaches over to grab his phone from his bedside table and looks at the time: 6:00 a.m.

It was that dreadful time of the year again; waking up at ungodly hours, rushing to shower, dress, put together your schoolbag, and eat breakfast. Normal high school students have time for all of these things; Taemin, however, did not. He would always wake up at six in the morning, lay there for twenty minutes; sluggishly pull himself out of bed and from his bedroom.

“Taemin,” his mother shouts up at him, slapping her hand against the wall of the staircase, “do not make me come up there; because if I do, I am dragging your out of bed and I will help you shower.”

“Why do you always use that one?” Taemin whines, bringing his feet to the floor, and pulling himself out of bed. “Can’t you let me be late for school and get a detention like most parents?”

“I’m not like most parents; whom of which let their children run around to do whatever. Now get your in the shower.”

Taemin held is school bag tightly in his right hand, his left holding onto his shoes. He walked down the steps two at a time, surprising himself that he didn’t fall down them in the process. As soon as his feet hit the dining room, the faint smell of banana pancakes hit his nose and he sighed, knowing that his mother went out of her way to get ingredients for something that he would have no time to finish.

“Mom, why did you make those?”

“It’s because I’d wanted your first day of school to go well by starting the day off with a good breakfast.”

“Mom,” Taemin whines, dropping his shoes in front of the door and sliding into them, “I won’t be able to finish them before I have to leave for school.”

“But I spent all this time making them for you,” she responses, using that tone that every mother has when they are trying to guilt their children into doing something anyway. “I even made toast and cut up some fruit to go with it.”

“Just pack it quickly and I will eat it for lunch or something. I really have to go!”

Taemin’s mother just smiles and comes in almost directly after he said that. She hands him a lunch box and kisses the side of his head, “You can go now. Oh, I also put those little cakes you like; the ones with the strawberries in the middle.”

“I don’t like that mom,” Taemin groans while opening the door and stepping outside, “you like it. I don’t even like cake that much.”

“Shush and just go to school.”

“Alright, I am going. Love you~”

Taemin was going to kill himself, just throw himself off of the school building. His mother neglected to tell him that the school that he was going to attend, didn’t require the typical uniform. Not that he was wearing a uniform, but he dressed in clothes that were pretty damn close to uniforms and no one was even wearing anything like it. He was going to kill himself. “How should I do it? A roof seems to grab unwanted attention and the possible chances of killing myself via throwing my body down a flight of stairs is very low, so maybe drowning myself in the schools pool?”

“You won’t get away with suicide here,” a familiar voice says to Taemin from behind him. Taemin turns around to see his best friend (since they’ve been in diapers) Kim Kibum and nearly screams. He runs up to him and throws his arms around him causing him to stumble backwards, “I missed you too, Taemin.”

“I thought that I was going to have to spend the last two years of high school without someone that I actually like.”

“I was being serious about the suicide thing. They have security cameras everywhere in this school. Any possible place that can used to commit suicide, there is a camera, and there are security guards that scope the place out about every twenty or thirty minutes. This school takes things like that seriously and if the find out that one of the student have tried to commit, they make this big ordeal out of it and send them to the hospital, convince their parents to send them to a therapist, everything. It’s really crazy.”

Taemin couldn’t believe that this school would go through such great lengths for their students. He wondered if his mother sent him to this school for that reason. Did she really think that he is or could be suicidal? Does she really think that much of him? “Hyung, I need you to lend me some clothes. You always care a spare around with you right?”

“Well, yes, but-”

“We don’t have time for this, Hyung,” Taemin shouts and drags him through the halls and into the bathroom on the first floor. “I don’t want to go home with some noticeable injury that my mom will see.”


Author's note:

And there is chapter one.

I know that it's short,  but this is based of a movie and well, if I made the chapters long, i'd finish the whole fic in probably 10 chapters give or take.

So i hope you don't mind the chapters being the length of this. It's about 1k words, so it itsn't toooooo short.

I will, try to make them over 1k in the future, though.

Thank you for reading and subbing~