Prologue: Present Pt.1

A life full of love (Hiatus)

It takes a lot to love a person, I mean, truly love a person. Those moments of shyness, happiness, and the awkward, but also pain, sadness, and heartache. It takes every emotion that a human has to love someone and to fall in love with someone. With Minho, I had that. Every day that we spent together was another day in a drama: you didn't know what would happen, but that day would either end positively or negatively.

Being that it was Minho, you had to learn to expect mostly the horrible endings. I'm not saying that my time with him was bad, because it was far from; I'm just saying that life with him was like that. He was like a target for bad things and it was horrible, but laughable in the same breath.

But all the bad things weren’t just caused by bad luck; there were some that were caused by him. He was that type of guy, you know? He was a part of the popular crowd; some even seen him as one of the most popular, despite the protests of the actual named popular students of the school. He got tremendous grades, but he wasn’t one to acknowledge his smart if you know what I mean. He felt that being smart was not something that someone who is liked by many admits to. It was almost as if he were ashamed of being smart.

Of course not everyone thought that, I didn’t think that, but he refused to believe it. “Taemin, I would lose a lot of friends if it came out that I am one of the top five students in this school with straight A’s.”

But to cover up what was under all that exterior, he had to be a delinquent. Getting into fights, skipping classes or school all together; loitering in front of buildings, stealing things… It was really bad there for a while. But it changed when we got together. He started becoming a better person and he even thought about what he wanted to do in life: photography.

I get asked a lot, "why do you keep up with photography if it's hard for you? Why even pursue a career in it?" The answer I always respond with is simply, "I want the world to see what Minho had seen, through the eyes of Minho."

He wasn't a bad person; people just didn't understand him or ostracized him for his personality and probably his caramel colored head. But he had his fair share of friends and family and also people that did like him, whether there were a lot of them or not.

 

 

 

I sat upon the shore of the beach; feet buried in the coolness of the sand, and gazed at the sun rising before me. I lifted my most treasured camera, Minho's camera, at took a few shots of the sky. "Good morning, hyung. I hope that you're doing well in heaven and not giving the angels hell," I chuckle slightly, letting the camera rest against my chest once more. "Who am I kidding? Of course you're giving them hell."

I breathed in deeply and exhaled slowly. I sat down and leaned back, my arms bracing me. It was surprisingly chilly for a summer morning. Most of the mornings start of warm, but not so warm that it was uncomfortable. "Hyung," I breathe, a flood of memories washing over me, "what should I do, huh? I'm starting to miss you too much again..."

My phone buzzed through my Capri shorts and I reach into my pocket to pull it out. I look down at the phone and sigh before answering it, “Yes, mom? No, I’m not there yet. What do you mean, why? It’s because I still have an hour, okay, so just calm down. I wouldn't be late for my own showing, mom. This is my first one and it’s a tribute to Minho. I’ll be there in twenty, I promise. See you soon, mom.”


Author's note:

So there is the first, well prologue to this fic. It's short, but some prologues are. 

This is only me trying this fic out, a test if you will. I want to see if it gets a good reaction.

The next chapter might take a bit to be posted, but only because I have to arrange my thought and sh*t like that so...

Thanks for reading and subbing. Enjoy~