; t h r e e

Only You In My Arms

notice that english is not my first language. hope you like this update ouo

------

 

"Choi Sulli?" L raised his eyebrows and I slowly nodded. Damn, he doesn't know his own classmate. Oh well.
"Here's your wallet." He tossed my wallet and I caught it.
"Where did you find it?" I checked my wallet to see if he stole anything.
"I didn't steal anything." He reassured me. "I found it beside my foot when I was in the caf, sorry I kind of stepped on it."
"Oh."
"You go to St. George High School?" He asked me and I replied yes.
"Oh okay. I guess I'll see you tomorrow, hopefully." He said.
"Sorry?" I raised my brows.
"I go to St. George too."
"Cool." I said uninterested. "I think I should go now." I stood up and he also stood. Just as I was about to leave, he grabbed my arm. 
"Don't you want to have my name or number something?" He asked and I almost scoffed in front of him. He thought I was one of his fangirls.
"Why should I?" I pursed my lips. "Even if we are in the same school, it's not like we will be meeting again."
"Besides, you called me before right? So I already got your number then." I continued.
He scoffed at me. "Then how would you know me?"
"I don't even want to know you." I simply said and it seems like an arrow hit him.
"Can we start over again?" He pleaded with his shining eyes looking at me. I sighed and finally sat down again. He smirked and also sat down to the opposite of me so he could face me.
 
"Hi, I'm Choi Sulli and I'm 19 years old." I extended myhand at him as I gave a small smile.
"L Kim. I'm 20 and St. George High School's headmaster's grandson." He shook my head and showed a tiny smirk.
"You're 20?" I frowned and he nodded.
"I failed when I was in Japan. That's why my dad sent me here in my grandfather's school." He scratches his neck shyly.
"Hey wait, have I heard you in school?" He asked me while thinking. I bit my lips. Please don't tell me we're classmates. I don't want to be friends with any guys now. I don't want you to notice me.
"Ah, right! A friend of mine from soccer mentioned you before. What was his name? His name was a bit similar to mine though." He chuckled lightly.
"L.Joe?" I muttered and bit my lips.
"Yeah, him!"
"I should really go now." I stood up, feeling uneasy.
"Wait, let me send you home." He stood up too and dragged me to his convertible car without my reply. He pushed me inside and he got inside the car after pushing me in.
"I live in Golden Star Apartments." I mumbled and he nodded. He drove silently and sometimes I glanced at him driving. He looks so cool and handsome while driving. At last, we arrived infront of my building and I got out of the car.
"Thanks for the ride." I slightly bowed my head and he nodded.
 
 
As soon as I step into my apartment, a tight hug welcomed me.
"I missed you. I was so bored without you." Byunghun pouted.
"At least I didn't walk from the place." I stuck out my tongue at him.
"Who found yout wallet?"
"Believe it or not, L Kim." I rolled my eyes.
"L?" He snickered. 
"Whatever. I'm going to sleep." I yawned and lazily walked to my room. I threw myself on my bed and snuggled under my soft blanket.
 
 
The next day, I really did hoped L would not notice me until I accidentally bumped him in front of my class door. I cursed silently for being clumsy. 
"Oh, it's you! S-Sulli right?" L slightly smirked at me. "We met again."
I gave him a small smile before walking in my class to my seat. I was not in the mood to write some stories so I literally slept at my seat. I don't care about the teacher. So, I did sleep during class.
I woke up alert at the bell as it rang and hurts my ears everyday. Then I realized there was someone sitting beside me. Since it was break time, I thought it was Byunghun or Krystal and Hara.
"You can have lunch without me, ByungByung." I pushed the person beside me as I said with a cute voice.
"Who is ByungByung?" A familiar voice chuckled and flicked my forehead. I groaned and rubbed my forehead. When I focused on my sight, a light gasped came out from my mouth as I recognized those familiar beautiful orbs. They were staring back at me.
"What are you doing here?" I mumbled and rubbed my eyes.
"I will be sitting here from now on." L grinned.
"What about the ?" I meant Suzy. After I said that, his face became sad and disappointed. Oh god, I forgot that was his girlfriend.
"Oh my god, I'm so sor-"
"It's okay. We broke up a few days ago." L cut me off and I gave him an apologetic smile.
"Okay then. But I never asked anyone to sit here and I won't allow anyone to sit beside me." I coldly said.
"It's the only empty seat." He shrugged.
"Get a new set of table and chair then." I snickered at him.
 
Then someone entered my class with that annoying voice.
"JinJiiiiiiiiiin!" Byunghun childishly shouted at me while ran towards my table. Seriously, Byunghun acts like a kid in school while in my place he acts like a very cool man.
"Your stupid voice annoys me, ert." I stuck out my tongue at Byunghun and L silently scoffed at him.
"Oh hey, it's you man." Byunghun greeted with a manly tone when he realized L beside me and he gave him a knuckle.
"What do you want, Byunghun?" I asked Byunghun with cold tone but I guess he got used to it.
"It's break time, Jinnie. Let's go eat! The others are waiting for you." He replied sarcastically.
"You can have lunch without me. I'm not hungry." I simply said.
"You stubborn lady, you are so skinny. Do you want me to force you to eat some fats?" Byunghun rolled his eyes as he pulled me but I refused.
"Leave me alone, Byung." I whined and I could hear L just chuckled around.
Byunghun managed to pull me out of my class and the hallway was really quiet because the students loves to wander outside the school or go to the cafeteria so we were the only ones at the hallway.
He pushed me against the wall and brushed his lips against mine. I smirked as I realized what he wanted all this time. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer. He kissed me passionately but it broke when I pushed him away.
"Not right now, Byung. I'm tired." I sighed and he nodded sadly. I told him to join the rest as I wanted to sleep in class. I walked back inside and L was doodling in his notebook, still not moving from his seat beside mine.
"Is he your boyfriend?" L asked without looking at me.
"Why aren't you having lunch?" I ignored his question.
"Why do you like to ignore questions?" He looked at me.
"Why are you still not moving from your seat?" I raised my brows and he just sighed and stayed silent.
"No, he is just a close friend." I answered him with a sigh.
"Really? I thought I heard some smooches." He pursed his lips.
"Then you must be hearing weird things." I pretended to not know and sat on my seat. I kept on staring outside at my favourite tree. I never really visited that tree before and I wanted to see it and touch it. Maybe someday I'll visit it. I'm just so lazy at all.
"You are very pretty, you know?" A warm deep voice said beside me.
"Why are you still sitting beside me?" I mumbled without looking him.
"I'm not moving beside Suzy nor am I getting a new table." L scoffed. "Besides, this seat is really comfortable."
"All the chairs are the same, idiot." I hissed.
"I know. But sitting beside you is comfortable." L smirked. "It's hot... and cold."
"Whatever." I rolled my eyes.
And so, the bell finally rang meaning the 15 minute break is over. The class started to fill students again. There goes Suzy Bae as she walked in the class and noticed her ex-boyfriend. I predicted that she would glare at me for sitting next to L instead she glared at L as if she was giving a warning. But I just ignored them. It's not my business.
 
The bell rang again as it was lunch break this time. It's my favourite period in school since we have 40 minutes. We were not really allowed to go outside the school during this break but we don't care. I was daydreaming while staring at my favourite tree. I forgot to tell you what tree it was. A cherry blossoms tree is the one I have been staring since I sit in this seat. I felt like this was a Japanese school full of blossom tress but we only had one tree in this school so it was a bit disappointing.
"You want to go somewhere?" L tapped my shoulder and I snapped out of my daze.
"Do you hear yourself?" I asked him sarcastically.
"What?" L chuckled.
"Did you forget that you are the headmaster's grandson?" I snickered at him.
"So what? Just act as if I'm a normal high school senior." He shrugged.
"But you are not. You are like the school's image and you have a big responsibilty; being the both of them." I told him.
"Stop talking nonsense, beautiful and follow me." He pulled my hand and I had to admit. He had warm and soft hands. He tightly grasped it as he didn't want to lose me from this noisy crowd. He dragged me all the way to a small garden. I didn't even know there was a garden in the school. It was really beautiful and it smelled so fresh with colorful flowers blooming. I ran towards the flowers and admired them one by one.
L tapped my shoulder and I turned to him. He pointed towards something and I looked to where he was pointing. I gasped and immediately ran towards it overwhelmed. I think you all had it in mind. Yes, it was the cherry blossom tree.
I hugged the tree and wished I never let it go. It was more beautiful up closer. I smelled it and it really did smell good. L chuckled at my cuteness and I wrinkled my nose at him. I snuggled the tree, ignoring L's presence who already laid down himself under the tree. I then decided to lay down beside the charming L.
"How did you know I wanted to see the tree?" I asked him as I closed my eyes, feeling relaxed.
"I've seen you staring outside. It seems as if you desperately wanted to see the tree." He stared at me but I couldn't see him because I closed my eyes.
"I'm not that desperate." I whined.
"Yeah, whatever." He rolled his eyes and put his arms at the back of his head as he closed his eyes.
There was a moment of silence and I really like it. Just by listening the birds chirping and singing, the wind blowing and some of the leaves falling down. As expected from a hyper SHINee fan, I accidentally hummed one of their songs.
"Areumdawo~" I sang with a small voice but ended up being cute. I giggled and enjoyed this moment. Kyaa, I'm so happy. Then, I heard someone chuckling beside me. I forgot L was beside me.
When I opened my eyes, I turned to L and his captivating eyes greeted me.
"Why'd you stop?" He grinned at me. "You look really cute."
"There was a disturbance." I coughed awkwardly.
"You could just ignore me." He shrugged.
"But everything of you just irritates me." I pouted. He laughed at me.
Then, I decided to fulfill his stupid request.
"Tell me tell me, eosseom mareulhaejwo nega nae yeojarago, oh honey you you you you~ ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh I wanna be be your love." I sang lively but at the same time softly.
Then I kept switching the songs from happy to sad. Suddenly, L got up and extended his hands at me. He pulled me up and I wiped the dirt off my .
"Let's get lunch." He flashed his killer smirk.
 
"What if we get caught?" I whispered at L. We were at the back of the school trying to escape and  L found a small gate door that was locked but L stole the keys while he was sneaking in the securities' room. 
"Climbing the gates is too hard, especially when you are in a really short skirt." He smirked down at my skirt as he struggled to unlock the door. I blushed when he looked down me.
"Then, hurry up! We have 25 minutes before lunch ends." I whined and hit his arm for being slow.
"I'm trying." He groaned and finally he successfully unlocked it. I slowly opened it and it showed the parking lot. L victoriously smiled and grabbed my hand as he pulled me to his car.
In just a few minutes, we arrived at the nearest cafe from school. We got down and rushed inside. I got myself a mocha ice blended and a croissant while L got a hazelnut latte and spring rolls. While I was drinking, I liked to stare outside. I saw people walking and everything. It was interesting to see. I didn't notice L was capturing my gaze with his phone as I was staring outside. I turned to him in shocked and I threatened him to delete the photo.
"No! You are really beautiful here, Sulli." He smiled sweetly and stared at the photo.
"Stop it! It's embarrassing." I face palmed myself and L just laughed at me.
He showed me the photo and I admit it, I did look beautiful.
"Areumdawo~" He playfully sang SHINee's song and I hit his arm.
"Stop it." I pouted but he stuck out his tongue at me. I didn't know the chic guy L is childish.
"I'm making this as my wallpaper!" He quickly set my picture as his phone wallpaper.
"What are you doing!" I cried out in embarrassment. He happily shrugged his shoulders.
"Stubborn idiot." I hissed at him but he didn't care. He just laughed at me and started feeding me his spring rolls. I ate it with an upset mood. Everytime he smiled at me, I would wrinkled my nose at him. So then we finished all our food and decided to go back to school. 
 
We rushed quickly back in class and made it on time. People started going back to class and thankfully we also made it. But then, everyone started to gasped and whispering each other. I saw some pointing at my left hand and I realized L was holding my hand all along. I quickly pushed his hand away and kept my hand behind me. I hurried to my seat but L was left behind because I saw Suzy was talking to him. Well, more like warning or threatening since she was giving that ugly y glare look at the both of us. After Suzy finished talking or something I don't know, L then walked to his seat and sat down. I didn't want to ask him what Suzy told him since yes I know I always say this, it is none of my business. I don't want to interfere them. Besides, L is just my friend. Wait is he? Damn it, I made friends with the school's image huh? I don't want more attentions by being friends with L. The attention of being close with the school's soccer ace and divas, Byunghun and Krystal and Hara are already enough. Sigh.. I decided to just ignore L until... things are okay.
This was the first time I have ever been so focused in class and it was a good thing. I could understand what was she teaching. Yay, I earned some knowledge! Cheer cheer cheer!
 
It was finally over. School is over. I cheered again mentally. I rushed out of my class and yup, Byunghun was already waiting for me but he looked so tired and he was panting.
"Did you had with someone?" I and giggled.
"Of course no. I just came running from my class, okay?" Byunghun pouted and tried to breathe properly again.
I giggled and kissed his pout but he wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him.
"Besides, I wanted to save it for someone." He whispered in my ear as he nibbled it.
Then, L came out of the class and saw us. He stared at me bankly and walked away. I frowned and bit my lips. Why is he like that?
"Byung, I want to go home now." I pulled away.
"Can I stay there again?" He asked me
"Again? You've been staying at my place for five days now." I rolled my eyes. "If you want to stay again, why not just move in?"
"Really?" He brightened up.
"Sure. But you have to help me pay the rent." I glared at him.
"Ok, whatever. My apartment and the area smells too." He twitched his lips.
"Whatever. Let's go home, I'm tired. I want to sleep forever." I groaned and pulled him with me.