Dance for You ft. SooLay

Music in Lyrics

Dance For You

Artist: Beyoncé

 


 

Whether Zhang Yixing loves her or not the 23 year old Choi Sooyoung didn’t know for sure.  All she knew was that she loves him and the guy is quite attracted to her as well.

But the biggest question was that if that attraction can be turned into love.

Zhang Yixing or as he preferred to be called – Lay was not an insensitive guy, really; he knew well enough how the older woman by four months feels for him and for sure he knows that he too loves her.

But love is such a big deal for Lay that he found it hard to make their present thing to take a level up making Sooyoung quite confused in their current status.

One time they’ll be so comfortable and sweet with each other while the next time they’ll be quite awkward and a little cold; all thanks to Lay’s indecisiveness.

Their present status leaves a sting to Sooyoung’s heart and a headache for Lay.

“What’s keeping you man?” his ever best friend Luhan the same nationality as him – of Chinese decent asked him one Friday night in their usual hangout place.

“I don’t know man.  Really I think I do love her and she does too but I don’t know, I just can’t confess you know…and whenever she tried to confess first I’ll find a way out…her confessing isn’t just right for me” he heaved a sigh like how he sighs whenever he was faced with an impossible project at his job and being an architecture sure does has those quirks.

“You’re totally in love” Luhan smiled before drinking his chosen drink.

“I know” he frowned yet he felt the butterflies in his stomach just upon thinking of her.

 

Choi Sooyoung heaved a sigh as she went to Wish Dancing Studio – where she dance her heart out whenever her job is taking a toll on her and where she had met Zhang Yixing.

As the daughter of the CEO of the Choi United Enterprises who holds a lot of Pharmaceuticals chains, she was always stressed out with all the things that were tied with her last name.  It was not really the job that took all her strength since she was well adept with the business that ran the things in their company, but it was the image she needed to uphold.

Being a daughter of a business tycoon needs you to act prim and proper all the time, taking things just as a socialite yet a business minded woman who will uphold the Choi’s name.

It tires her out even more because she can’t do her first love which was dancing but instead she needed to portray a Choi which she decided was not.

When she first came across with the dancing studio, she thought she would never dance again. Not until she drop her last name and ran from the company and her family who is deaf to her desires and passion making her their perfect masterpiece.

All that in mind she still decided to take a step and enter the studio and meeting that one person who’ll be her safe haven.

 

Sooyoung laid her bag at the corner of the room, the same room where she had first rented to dance, first to felt freedom and first to the first sparks of love.

Since it was a Friday night, Sooyoung knew well that Lay won’t be around.  His uncle at the front desk even said so when she greeted him and asked for the usual practice room for her to use.

Fridays has always been a hangout-with-friends-night for Lay, which much she knew with the few yet bountiful conversations she had with him for the past 6 months they’ve been seeing and dancing together.

After a full minute of stretching she had walked towards the cd player and pressed play.

Eyes on her figure on the mirror, she started off slowly until she got lost to the rhythm of music and closes her eyes just feeling it with all her emotions going on; as of why she did not notice the new presence that watched her eagerly from the door.

 

She was doing their supposed couple dance routine ‘Dance for You by Beyonce’ alone when a sudden hand had sneaked on her waist just when the first chorus had aired where Lay should do this if he was here.

Wait – What?

Her eyes fluttered open and the sight of Lay dancing with her greeted her line of vision towards the mirror.

She stopped her movements to where the new comer did the same leaving the music going filling the room.

“Hey” Lay smiled his dimple smile at her that always sends the young lady into a heap of melted lump.

“H-hey” she returned with a shy smile of her own.

This is that other meeting where everything is rather awkward but for some strange reason…he was not cold towards her.

“What are you doing here?” she asked just when she gained control of the butterflies that’s threatening to go on a rampage in her stomach.

“Can’t I be here? This is my uncle’s studio after all –” he started to say when Sooyoung became flustered and interrupted.

“N-no, what I meant…you’re supposed to be with your buds right about now…right?”

He can’t help but smile more as he indulged to the sight of Sooyoung being embarrassed – oh how he loved her flustered face; after all a flustered Sooyoung is always a rare one to see, since she was quite an independent strong stern yet bubbly lovely gorgeous and really have a strong passion for dancing kind of woman.

“What are you smiling so widely for?” she asked.

“Nothing.  I’m just here for a mission like a now or never thing.  But before that–” his statement made Sooyoung tilt her head in confusion.

Well being confused with Zhang Yixing really should be like an everyday thing for her but hell this was really confusing all the wits out of her.

“–Dance with Me.” he had said this not as an question, but as a statement.  Reaching for her hand quickly leaving Sooyoung with no choice to refuse or even to argue.

Without letting go of her hand, Lay had press play for Sooyoung’s earlier song again from the top; this time not as an incomplete dance routine but the proper duo/couple dance routine.

Sooyoung had her breathe hitch when Lay had placed his hand on her waist at the first minutes of the first stanza.

They had been at that routine for weeks now, but this time was different that she knew.  It’s like for the first time his touches leaves feverish trails on her skin, like it was the first he’s been truly letting it all out…like it was the first time he had been dancing with his heart.

Not once had Sooyoung let her eyes wander off Lay’s face, where Lay too had never stray his eyes on her brown ones.

Time itself feels slower, as they kept in rhythm drowning from each other’s soulful eyes.

 

Skin touched skin.

Sweat became to trickle slowly from their foreheads and backs.

Breaths becoming rather ragged like air were being simply away from their lungs.

A step for a step.

A twirl for a twirl.

A sway for a sway.

Movements as well as their hearts becoming as one.

 

When the music ends leaving the two on their ending dancing position, neither of them moves, they just stay like that for a while, eyes never once broken contact, faces only 5cm apart from each other as the man had the lady for a dip.

Sooyoung thought that she could stay like that forever with him – feeling connected fully with him for the first time in months.

“You felt that?” he asked in between ragged intake of breath.

“W-what?” she had been surprised with the question, but what made her surprise more, or more like disappointed was when Lay had pulled her up as they stood straightly this time.

“That’s my mission” he smiled.

She frowned.  Really how complicated this guy was she can’t tell – one thing they were dancing sensually with all the passion and heart joined together then now he’ll say something about his mission? 

 She was about to run towards the door when Lay had reached for her wrist and smiled.

“You are my mission Sooyoung. I’m so sorry for how I acted for the months we were together,  I really like you but I can’t say it yet…I needed to be a 100 percent sure of my feelings first…I can’t afford to hurt you that’s why I needed to really know my feelings.  But I really can’t help myself when I’m with you hence the hot and cold situation.  But I can’t let you confess for me, I feel that if you confess first…I’ll be unfair towards you.  I should be the one to confess first and what was the better way to express it but by pouring it all out – all the emotions that I’ve been feeling in our dance earlier.  I hoped you’ve felt it…my heart. I hope you felt my heart Choi Sooyoung”

Sooyoung could not speak as tears started to blur her vision and let her hands cover .  This was the day she was waiting, the day that the puzzle had finally been solved after so long, the day when Zhang Yixing will finally stop the confusion and will set everything straight – His heart to hers.

Lay smiled in spite how embarrassed he is with his words, but he can’t help it all that were true.  So when Sooyoung finally let her drop with a smile on her face, Lay took that as an opportunity to close the gap between them as he head in for a kiss.

When they stopped to breathe for air, Sooyoung had playfully slapped his shoulders while a smirk played on her lips as she whispered to him “You can never out dance the dance of love”.

“You’re to cheesy and quite self conceited don’t you know that?” Lay had remarked playfully as well before claiming her lips again for their second kiss, leaving Sooyoung smiling against Lay’s lips.\

 

Dance is her passion.

Dance is his passion as well.

And they met half way as they danced through each other’s life.

 

 


Author's Notes: Hello again! So I started this as a whim when I listened to Beyonce's song through KARA's NIcole dance cover and gosh this is just LOVE.
So how was it people? thank you very much for supporting!

HEADS UP TO THE 25 AWESOMEST PEOPLE EHO SUBSCRIBES *throws confettis and my heart to you people* LOL :

 

 

 I TOTALLY LOVE YOU GUYS!

AND FOR THE TWO LOVELY PERSONS WHO UPVOTED THIS STORY...I SUPER LOVE YOU THANKS! <3
 

 
 
Adios!

XOXO