Epilogue

Beneath the Moonlight

The wind blew softly, rocking the flowers into a dance and rustling the trees' leaves. Dodging the flowers, he casually made his way through the garden, the sweet scent of all the flowers combined wafted around him. He approached the grave, just in the middle of all the flowers and trees.

"Good morning, Yeonhee." Yoochun said, smiling and propping himself down on the crisp grass next to her grave. Countless roses lay in front of the slab of rock, all in different colors. Yoochun reached inside his hanbok and pulled out another rose, the color of bright red.

"I believe I haven't given you a red one ever since that night." He said, the memories of it flashing into his mind again.

-flashback-

Jaejoong stretched the string of his bow as far as it allowed him to and let it go. The arrow shot through air and straight to its target.

Only to be speared through someone else's flesh than the desired one to kill.

Yoochun widened his eyes in shock. Clearly, he didn't expect this to happen. He expected a quick pierce through his heart and an end to his life right then and there. Instead, Yeonhee took the plunge and protected him, taking the arrow through her chest rather than him. She limped backwards, holding onto her bed frame for support. Before she could fall back, Yoochun caught her just in time. He looked at her in disbelief, a wave of panic building up inside him.

"N-No..." He whispered. "Y-Yah! Why'd you do that, you--" He couldn't bear to yell anymore to her. Fresh blood trickled down from the corner of Yeonhee's mouth and she could barely keep her eyes open. The arrow still hung on her chest, blood slowly staining her clothes and dripping onto the floor, and it looked like it hurt. To him, she was in no condition to be yelled at.

"Why..." Tears welled up in his eyes. Yeonhee held onto his hand and smiled as best as she could. She reached up to cup his cheek and wipe off his tears with her thumb.

"Someone get a doctor!" Jaejoong ordered once he came to. He couldn't afford to lose the princess or his plan would fail. A few guards quickly ran off to find help. "You, Black Robin, get away from her!" Jaejoong growled.

"Shut up!" Yoochun answered back, more tears started to fall and he gripped Yeonhee's head to his chest. Jaejoong didn't expect him to answer back; he stood there, taken aback by the Black Robin's actions.

"Y-Yoochun..." Yeonhee whispered. He looked down to where she lay on his lap. Yeonhee frowned and shook her head. "N-None of th-that... Please..." Then she smiled again. Yoochun couldn't understand how she could smile like that with an arrow sticking out from her.

"O-On my drawer... There's a note... U-Use it to defend yourself..." Yeonhee said but it was more of a whisper. At this point, Yeonhee couldn't breathe as properly but she held on. Yoochun didn't quite understand what she was trying to tell him but it didn't matter right now.

"Don't talk a-anymore.. Just... J-Just stay with me... Focus on keeping alive and someone will come soon." Yoochun assured her with tears, praying that the doctor would come quicker. He squeezed her hand, to which she replied with the same gesture.

"I love you, Yoochun ah..." Yeonhee smiled once again then blinked her eyes closed. Her breathing slowly stopped. Next was her grip on Yoochun's hand, which slowly limped away.

"I-I love you, too, princess..."

-End of flashback-

Yoochun pursed his lips together as the memory shot back in his mind. He knelt down and placed the rose atop the other roses he left the previous days then sat down next to the grave. He took out his handkerchief and wiped off the dust on the slab of rock.

"How are you doing up there, princess?" He gave a small smile as he finished wiping off the dust. "As usual, there was no trouble yesterday in the village. I'm glad everyone's at peace." He added, folding his handkerchief back neatly. "Except my heart..." He whispered and there was a soft breeze.

"I know, Yeonhee ah. If it weren't for you, I wouldn't have taken Jaejoong's role in the palace and would be in jail instead. But still, I miss you... Your appa, he still calls me son-in-law even though we're not married." He said, smiling but his eyes showed sadness. Yoochun was put in custody by the emperor after the incident and he treated him like his own son. During judgement, it was found out that he was only trying to help the villagers and this was proven by Yeonhee's personal letter to her father. It seemed that she was going to tell him about Yoochun through the letter but she wasn't able to give it sooner. Jaejoong was taken to prison not just because he killed the princess but because his plans were found out as well. As replacement, Yoochun took Jaejoong's role as the head commander.

Yoochun looked ahead of him, where the cherry blossom tree proudly stood tall.

"Look, Yeonhee ah." He pointed. "The cherry blossoms are blooming." Right on cue, the flower buds slowly opened up. Yoochun smiled at the sight, understanding why Yeonhee loved the cherry blossom tree so much and kept going on and on about being excited to see the flowers bloom. Yoochun will never forget the memory, and all the other memories he shared with her.

"Someday, Yeonhee ah, we'll meet again."

 

-----

 

Hi guys!

Hope you guys enjoyed the last chapter! >o< Thank you guys for all the support you gave for this story!

Please look forward to more stories~! And happy new year to you all! XD

Sincerely,

-the-badguy-or-hero- ♥