Chapter 13

Beneath the Moonlight

Up I climbed the tree, making little noise as possible. On my mouth, I bit a red rose as I made my way up. Looking around to make sure there was no one watching, I carefully stood on the sturdy branch I was on and reached for Yeonhee's window pane. My hands firmly gripped it and I backflipped myself over, landing softly with a soft thump in Yeonhee's room.

"Great performance." Yeonhee giggled, standing up from her bed to come over and hug me tightly by my waist. I took the rose out of my mouth and smiled, hugging her back with one arm.

"I got you this." I held out the rose to her. She gasped and admired it with wide doe eyes. Her full attention was onto the rose in just a second. I'm amazed at how she admires such things, as if she was in her own little world.

"Starting today, I'll be giving you a rose every night." I said to her. "Each one symbolizes my love for you and they'll slowly multiply and grow, just like my love, then it'll soon be one massive bouquet of roses. And the best part is, it'll never stop because I'll never stop loving you." I smiled. She smiled back then slowly reached for the rose in my hand, cocking her head cutely to the side. I moved my hand away, shaking my head.

"It still has thorns on it, princess. Let me take them off first." With this, I took out my small knife and a handkerchief. I lay the hankerchief flat down on her bed, sat down next to it and started to carefully carve out the thorns, catching them on the handkerchief. Yeonhee sat across from me and I could see from the corner of my eye that she was smiling at me. When I was done, I held it up one last time to check it then I cut the long stem in half.

"Let me put it on you, princess." I smiled and motioned for her to come closer. She leaned closer and I placed the rose' stem behind her ear, the rose sitting proudly amongst her long silky hair.

"Perfect." And I leaned forward to kiss her...

When her bedroom door bursted open with Jaejoong, flanked by armed guards, on the doorway, looking angry. Upon seeing me and Yeonhee close to each other, he looked even angrier but then he smirked.

"So you must be the Black Robin." He chuckled, walking casually closer to my direction. "Finally, we have found you, thanks to my rookie guard who saw you from a distance. And it looks like you have no way out now, my friend, except that window. But I doubt you'll jump out of it anyway since, after all, we've all seen your face." I slowly stood up and I could feel that Yeonhee did the same. We stood only a few feet apart from Jaejoong.

"Well, keeping quiet, are we? And I see that you're trying something on the princess..." He said when I kept my mouth shut, pursing my lips together. I eyed him closely, daring not to blink or my life would be all over. He raised his eyebrow, expecting me to answer him but I still didn't say anything and instead, gradually reached in my pocket for the small bottle of poison. Yeonhee gripped on the back of my shirt, completely aware of what I'm about to do. She hates the idea of me killing myself but I had no choice, do I? I reached behind me and held onto her wrist tight, squeezing it a bit to assure her everything will be fine but I know she knows that I was only lying to comfort her, which wasn't really working. Seeing me reach in my pocket and Yeonhee as a gesture of kidnapping, Jaejoong widened his eyes.

"He's armed and he's got the princess! Prepare your weapons!" He ordered, pulling out his bow and an arrow. He propped the arrow on the bow, its sharp tip directly pointed to me; to my heart. The guards behind him brought out their swords and bows and arrows as well and prepared themselves.

"Let go of the princess right now!" Jaejoong ordered but, strangely, I didn't follow. I only gripped Yeonhee's wrist tighter.

"I said to let her go! RIGHT NOW!" Jaejoong commanded again, "Or I'll shoot you! I'll spear your heart! Everyone knows I never miss a target when I put my mind to it!" I backed away a slight bit...

And he shot the arrow to my direction.

Then, there was blood.

 

-----

 

Hi guys!

Another chapter updated! Yay! Thank you for the supporters :3

Especially madz67! Your comments just make me want to write more so thank you! ;~;

This fic, sadly, is in the works of being finished >.< The next chapter will probably be the last, mianhae! But I hope you guys enjoyed this story as much as I loved writing it :)

I love you all~!

Cheers,

-the-badguy-or-hero- ♥