Awkward!

Until You

The next day, Jiyeon was staring at Baekhyun's house, having been standing in the same place for 10 minutes already. House? More like mansion, she thought. This boy must really be wealthy. The house was bigger than Kyuhyun's! Minwoo really did live in luxury..

The biggest house Jiyeon had ever been to was Kyuhyun's, and he had the second largest house in Baekhyun's neighborhood - 9,000 square feet. She found that walking up the winding path to her partner's home was a bit tedious - and it made the upcoming event quite awkward. 

By the time Jiyeon got to the door, she had sweat on her brow and her cheeks were pink from her attempts to speed up. She rang the doorbell, and a kind-faced woman opened the large door. "Hello, is Baekhyun home?"

"Oh, you must be Jiyeon! Baekhyun told me so much about you," the woman said, her eyes sparkling with a sort of excitement. 

"Ah," Jiyeon said sheepishly. "Yes, I'm Jiyeon. It's nice to meet you.."

"I'm Baekhyun's mother, Kang Hyemi."

"It's nice to meet you, Mrs. Kang." Baekhyun's mother the let her in, and Jiyeon was met with blasting cold, a huge difference from the blistering temperature she had just endured. 

Not being one to hold body temperatures well, Jiyeon's cheeks flushed in an attempt to warm her up. As Baekhyun's mom left to go get him, Jiyeon slapped her cheeks and held them lightly so that the blood rush would stop. 

When Baekhyun got to the living room, he was met with a funny sight. Jiyeon was still holding her cheeks, letting out annoyed breaths. "Were you really that nervous, Jiyeon-ssi?" 

Jiyeon was startled. "Huh?" Exasperatedly, she tried to explain. "No, it's the heat and then cold and then cheeks and me and temperatures!"

Baekhyun didn't really understand, but he thought it was cute. "Don't worry, I get it. You were just nervous," he teased. 

Jiyeon got ready to protest, but just let it go with a sigh. "What's our topic, heir boy?"

"The influence of 'love' on historical events?"

"Love?" Jiyeon found his choice of topic a bit sappy. "Can we compromise?"

Baekhyun was a little taken aback. Didn't she have a boyfriend? "Sure, that's okay."

"Let's use pop culture." Jiyeon stated. "Much more ground to work with. Sasaeng fans, movie influence, things like that."

Soon after they found themselves in Baekhyun's room, crowded next to each other at his computer. Baekhyun winced as he read an article about two young American girls who tried to murder their own friend. "Wow," Jiyeon mumbled. "The world sure is crazy."

And just like that, they finished the paper - 1,200 words -in one sitting. The only thing left after it was the visual representation - and the project wasn't due for another month and a half. It was dinnertime, and Jiyeon was preparing to leave. "Thanks for letting me come over, Baekhyun."

"No worries," he chirped. "You're an intense worker. Do you want me to give you a ride home?"

"No thanks," she politely refused. "My brother's friend can give me a ride home. Your neighbor, Kyuhyun. Well, goodnight!"

As Jiyeon left, Baekhyun let out a relieved laugh. So the freshman kid was her brother!