Life of Park Jiyeon- Luxury of Byun Baekhyun

Until You

When you read this, please keep in mind I actually love Taeyeon hehee ^^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Park Jiyeon sat at the school's piano in the music room, shutting her eyes and losing herself in the music. Her fellow musicians played along, enjoying the music that came from their instruments. After a while, Jiyeon picked up her violin and played her solo.
 
After practicing two more songs, the music director Mr. Ryu stopped practice and praised everyone. He paused when he got to Jiyeon, looking at her with pity. She was the student who overworked herself the most.
 
"Jiyeon, great job as usual, but are you sure you can handle two solos?"
 
She nodded slowly, as if she wanted the teacher to understand fully. The other students started to look at her with the same pity expression. She tended to distance herself away from the other students and didn't even talk that much to people other than her best friend, Jieun.
 
Of course, you'd expect a girl like her to be disliked. Weirdly enough, she wasn't and only one person in the whole entire school disliked her, Kim Taeyeon. Why isn't she disliked? Well, if it weren't for the fact that she was the quietest and sometimes coldest person, she could be a model student. The grades, the looks, the talent...
 
In fact, that's why Taeyeon disliked her when no one and absolutely no one else disliked her and most just kept away from her. What also kept everyone from disliking her was their warm personalities and hearts. They saw nothing wrong with Jiyeon, so they liked her.
 
Jiyeon walked out of the band practice room and bumped into Taeyeon.
 
"Oh look, it's the orphan." Taeyeon sneered.
 
Jiyeon closed her eyes. Why, oh why, out of all the people at Jang Geum High did only the main queenka hate her? Even her friends didn't bother Jiyeon.
 
Taeyeon pushed Jiyeon and she fell, slightly twisting her ankle. Jiyeon kept calm but slightly whimpered and held her ankle.
 
One of Taeyeon's friends Jessica and her sister Krystal tried to rush forward to help her up, being the nice girls they were, but Jieun got there first.
 
"What the hell, Taeyeon? What did you do to Jiyeon? Does being an orphan make you a convict or something? Get a life!"
 
Jiyeon stared wide eyed at Jieun, furiously mouthing words to make her best friend stop. Unfortunately, Taeyeon was immature enough to answer back.
 
"Yeah, I do have a life! One with parents, too!" Jieun nearly lunged for the stupid queenka and Jiyeon grabbed her ankle, which caused Jieun to stop and help Jiyeon to the nurse's office.
 
"Aish, what happened, Jiyeon?" Both the nurse and Jieun asked Jiyeon.
 
Jiyeon shrugged. "I accidentally bumped into Taeyeon."
 
The nurse cast a worried glance at Jiyeon and bandaged her ankle. "Jieun, take her home. Here, I'll write you two a pass. Jiyeon, ice that ankle when you get home and you'll be fine by tomorrow."
 
The two girls thanked the nurse and left. In the hallway, Jieun asked Jiyeon a question. "You want to come home to my house, don't you?"
 
Jiyeon nodded gratefully. Jiyeon didn't know if she'd even be able to come to school without having some major problem without Jieun and her parents around. Jiyeon knew that if she went home to her aunt and uncle, they'd "test" the injury and twist it some more. Though they had provided her a home before, they really were reckless.
 
Jieun helped Jiyeon home and took care of her because Ms. Lee was not home from work yet. Meanwhile, Jiyeon was calling her bosses to alert them of her abscence. Not only was she a music workaholic, she was a part-time workaholic too. Jieun turned the TV on to watch some music shows.
 
AoA was performing and Jiyeon perked up. This was one of her absolute favorite groups, with their public appearences and band. Jiyeon and Jieun began softly singing along and the two best friends looked at each other, smiles crawling up their faces. The song was about forever loyal friends and the lyrics fit the two girls well.
 
What they didn't know was that Jieun's mother was watching them. My dear girls, Ms. Lee thought happily. When the song ended, she applauded them.
 
"Good job! My my girls, your voices are anazing!"
 
"Mom!"
 
Jiyeon laughed. Ms. Lee noticed Jiyeon's ankle and became worried but Jiyeon assured her everything was fine. Jieun's mother left and came back with food. Jiyeon's favorite, jajangmyeon. 
 
"Omma, you got my favorite food!" Jiyeon happily said when she saw her "omma", Jieun's mom. 
 
Jieun smiled. "Who would forget about your love for jajangmyeon? Aish, even with all this food, you're still so thin!" Jieun thanked her mom silently. One of the only things to get her to open up were her favorite foods from the people she cared about. 
 
The next day, Jieun and Jiyeon woke up in their shared room. They went into their bathroom to brush their teeth and Jiyeon changed there while Jieun changed in their shared walk-in closet. Jieun actually was a girl with money but Jieun wanted to share a room with Jiyeon, which Jiyeon gladly accepted. Jiyeon refused when they offered to pay her tuition, but her aunt and uncle were currently paying it. They had felt bad about not being able to care for her, so she had let them or else their worry would be nagging at her mind. 
 
No, just because they were alchoholics didn't mean that they didn't care for her. And no, just because Jiyeon doesn't live with them doesn't mean that she doesn't think of them as good people. 
 
Jiyeon brushed her hair before going downstairs to eat breakfast. "Good morning, Jiyeon." Jieun's father told her with a smile. 
 
"Good morning, appa." Jiyeon greeted. "Omma, what's for breakfast?" She asked, eager to eat. 
 
"American style breakfast, sweetie. Can you get Jieun?"
 
"Okay, omma!" Jiyeon grabbed her best friend and told her the breakfast menu. Jieun clapped. American style was their favorite. 
 
The two girls ate happily, chatting about dramas while their parents looked at them with a grin. Maybe life wasn't the absolute best, but it sure was amazing. 
 
MEANWHILE AT THE BYUN HOUSEHOLD
 
"Omma, you cooked?" Baekhyun stared at the mouthwatering food that his mother was bringing in from the large kitchen. "You shouldn't have, you should've rested!"
 
"No, it's alright. Today seems like a good day to let our maids rest. I haven't done housework in ages!" Baekhyun's mother smiled at her son. "I made filet mignon, come sit and I'll get your father."
 
Baekhyun sat in the fancy dining room that was used when it was only them eating. No matter how many times they tried, the maids barely ate with them, same with the butlers. Baekhyun's parents entered and Mr. Byun patted his son's shoulder before sitting. 
 
Baekhyun took a bite of his breakfast steak and sighed in contentment. "Omma, it's so good!"
 
"As long as my son likes it, it must be worth trying." Mr. Byun declared humourously before eating too. "Baekhyun ah, there's a meeting on Sunday in the morning, would you mind attending with me?"
 
Baekhyun nodded. His family owned one of the biggest hotel chains in the world, Byun International Hotels. He frequently attended meetings with his father. "I'll go, appa. But wait, where's Seojin noona?" Baekhyun inquired, looking around for his sister. 
 
"I'm behind you, Baek!" His sister ruffled his hair playfully and sat down. 
 
"Noona, you're lucky I'm-" Baekhyun started before being cut off by Seojin. 
 
"Omma, you cooked!!!" Seojin squealed with glee.
 
Baekhyun shook his head. 18 year olds. 
 
"Appa, I heard there's a meeting on Sunday. I can attend, right? After all, I am co-heir with little Bacon."
 
"NOONA!"
 
Mr. Byun smiled and approved his oldest child's request. They all ate and Seojin chattered about her and her mother's current favorite television drama, Monstar. After they were finished, the two teenagers went upstairs to get ready for school. 
 
Baekhyun met his sister downstairs to wait for their ride to school. They got into the car and finally arrived at Jang Geum High. As soon as they got out of the car, boys stepped forward to confess to Seojin. The girls didn't really chase Baekhyun as much as the boys chased his sister. 
 
"You know, noona, I wonder why you aren't considered a queenka."
 
"Because I'm student body president." Seojin answered. "Besides, even if I did want to be a queenka, I would be satisfied."
 
Baekhyun nodded thoughtfully. His older sister was incredibly good looking, smart and popular. The two bid each other goodbye and went separate ways.  
 
A little down the hallway where he was going to meet his friends, he bumped into someone. 
 
"Jwesonghamnida.." The girl murmured and glanced at his face, allowing him to get a glimpse of hers. She looked familiar but he couldn't place it.  The girl scurried away quickly to her waiting friend. Baekhyun looked at her friend. It was the one quite popular girl who mostly hung out with her best friend, Lee Ji.. Hyun? Oh, right, Lee Jieun. The girl that bumped into him must've been Park Ji.. Young?
 
No matter how hard Baekhyun tried, he couldn't place her name though he knew it was a rather memorable one. His friend Key waved him over to the group and he placed the mysterious girl into the back of his mind. 
 
"Did you bump into Park Jiyeon?" Youngjae asked. 
 
Ah, so that was her name, Baekhyun thought. 
 
"I heard Taeyeon accidentally got bumped into by her and Taeyeon for being an orphan." Minho informed. Baekhyun cringed. That was harsh. 
 
"I also heard that Taeyeon pushed her and Jiyeon injured her ankle, that's why she has a slight limp today." Kevin added. 
 
"Where do you guys even get all this information?" Kyungsoo asked. "Ah whatever, either way, poor girl."
 
Yeah, Baekhyun thought, poor girl. Being an orphan doesn't matter that much, does it?