Chapter 5

New World (Revised)

 

| Chapter 5 |

 

 

“What is it?” Sehun asked again as he walked towards Luhan. The other boy held out the stone for Sehun to see. The glowing had stopped by the time Luhan’s arm was stretched out. “It stopped glowing.”

Luhan looked at the symbol again. The stone looked exactly the same way it did when he took it out from under the tree.

“What’s that supposed to be?” Sehun asked, squatting down beside Luhan. “How’d you find it?”

“Someone told me. In my dream. To awaken our powers and look under the tree’s roots.” Luhan explained. His hand closed over the stone. “Maybe there’s another one.”

“Let me check.” Sehun ducked down and started searching before Luhan could. Seconds later, Sehun produced a second stone. It looked like the one Luhan had found but it had a different symbol on it. “I found it! How do I make it glow?”

Luhan shrugged. He looked at the symbol on Sehun’s stone, then he heard a voice in his head again.

Wind.

“Wind.” Luhan said unconsciously. Sehun looked at him.

“What?”

“Wind,” Luhan repeated as he looked at the symbol. Now that he used his imagination a bit, it kind of looked like a typhoon seen from a bird’s eye view. “The symbol. It’s the symbol for wind!”

“Wind?” Sehun said, and then the symbol started glowing. He dropped it in surprise. “What’s happening?” They watched as the symbol’s light died and then Sehun picked it up again.

“I think that’s it.” Luhan said, his voice almost a whisper. “Sehun, you said that during the night you were on the roof, a really strong gust of wind was blowing and then you out, right?” Sehun nodded slowly, remembering the event. “And before I out, I heard someone talking to me. In my mind. Just like the dream I had last night.”

“So what you’re saying is…”

“This is it. Activated powers. Yours is wind and mine is, well, I think it’s telepathy or… telekinesis or something!” Luhan said as the facts started forming in his head.

“I have power over the wind!” Sehun said, a feeling of excitement bubbling up inside of him. He stood up and ran out of the clearing into the tall grass.

“Hey, where are you going?” Luhan scrambled to get up and followed Sehun.

“Stay back!” Sehun spread his arms to his sides. His back faced Luhan. Luhan stopped in his tracks.

The sun had risen a fair height since they woke up. The field was back to its green luster and the mountains in the distance were clear as ever. Sehun breathed in deep with his eyes closed. Luhan waited for what he was about to do. Sehun’s hands slowly rose and then he took on what looked like a very bad copy of a martial arts pose. Luhan burst out laughing, unable to control himself. Sehun’s concentration broke and he looked at Luhan with a scowl.

“They do that in the movies!” Sehun explained, glaring at the other boy who was clutching his stomach from laughing too hard.

“I know,” Luhan tried very hard to stop. “Just, go on. I won’t disturb you anymore.” He stifled his laugh as best he could but a snort escaped. Sehun felt offended and decided he’d test his powers on Luhan instead.

“You asked for it.” He posed once again, this time facing Luhan.

“H-hey. What’re you…?” But before Luhan could finish his sentence, Sehun had shouted a sort of battle cry and punched the air in front of him. A strong gust of wind blew towards Luhan; who closed his eyes and threw his arms up as a form of pathetic defense when he saw the windstorm heading towards him. The wind approached Luhan but split in half when it came near him, as if there was a wall protecting him.

Sehun stopped his attack and just gaped at Luhan. The other boy opened his eyes and was surprised when he saw he wasn’t twenty feet above the ground yet. In front of him was a semi-transparent wall. He moved forward to touch it but then it was gone.

“I think I created a defense of some sort…” Luhan said to Sehun. “I’m not a telepath or a telekinetic. I’m both!”

“And I just created a gust of wind...” Sehun said in a daze. He looked at Luhan while Luhan looked back at him, then they both smiled.

“This is unbelievable.” Luhan said, walking towards Sehun. But then he stopped in his tracks when images started filling his mind. Red clouds. Stone pillars. Chen. Luhan gave a loud gasp when the series of images stopped.

“What happened?” Sehun immediately came to Luhan’s aid and both their smiles were gone when Luhan dropped to his knees.

 


 

“Do you know your symbols?” Suho shouted down one of the holes on the floor.

“You’re supposed to touch them and say your power! That will activate it!” Xiumin added, peering down a different hole. Baekhyun and Lay also had their own peep holes.

All four were on the floor, peering through holes to communicate with Tao and Kai who were underneath them.

“Activate our powers?” Kai shouted back at them, craning his neck.

“Yeah!” Suho replied. “I remember you appeared in front of me in my house and then disappeared. I got the power of water when the plumbing went crazy back at home. That means you have the power to teleport! That’s your ticket out of there!”

Kai and Tao walked towards their symbols as Suho explained what they needed to do. Then they looked at each other after they crouched down, their hands over their respective symbols.

“Let’s get out of here?” Kai said with a smirk. Tao smiled back. Then they both planted their palms onto the cold metal floor, covering their symbols completely, and said their respective powers.

“Time,” and “Space.”

They both took their hands off the symbols which were now glowing, making it ten symbols in total now.

“That’s it!” Baekhyun shouts down his hole. “That should have done the trick!”

“Good job, Tao.” Lay’s voice floated down into the metal cell.

“I don’t feel any different.” Tao said, standing up and then looking at Kai. The other boy expressed the same sentiment.

“Follow your gut!” Suho shouted. “The powers, they’re inside us somehow! Just… think it and it’ll happen!”

Kai looked at Tao, closed his eyes and then…

“Whoa!” Tao gave a jump when Kai disappeared in front of him and reappeared behind him, surrounded by a cloud of dark smoke. Kai had a wide grin plastered on his face. “I guess they do work.” Tao said, his eyes wide. Kai just nodded uncontrollably, the thought of being able to teleport proving too much to take. “Well, you better be able to teleport me with you. I’m not letting you leave me here alone.” Tao threatened jokingly.

“No problem.” Kai put a hand on Tao’s shoulder and in a second they were out of the metal box and behind Suho, Lay, Baekhyun and Xiumin. They were free. They’ve left the circle of symbols below, with only two more symbols left unlit.

 


 

“Okay, let me try just one last time.” Kris said, spreading his arms sideward.

“Krees, enough! You’ve practiced enough.” Chanyeol said irritably. He brought down Kris’ arms and put his hands on his shoulders heavily. “Get this into your head. You. Can. Fly. That’s it. Nothing more. Just do it!”

Kris had been testing out his new found ability ever since they woke up. Chanyeol agreed at first but after the sixth attempt at floating and landing and floating and landing, it was driving him crazy.

“Alright, alright.” Kris breathed out loudly. He shrugged Chanyeol’s hands off. “I just don’t want to fall out of the sky all of a sudden.” Kris then bended his knees, taking on the stance of someone prepared to give piggy back rides. “Hop on.”

Chanyeol stared at him and then laughed. A vein throbbed in Kris’ forehead when he heard it.

“If you don’t want to fly out of here, be my guest!” Kris said, standing up. Chanyeol shook his head and raised his hand to stop Kris from walking out, or flying out, on him.

“No, let me explain. You see, last night, I didn’t really get to sleep. I was up imagining all the things I could do with this power. Then I remembered this one cartoon I loved to watch when I was a kid.” Kris raised his eyebrow at Chanyeol. “Okay, fine. I just finished the season last month and I’m waiting for the new season… anyways, in the show, there’s this guy who can control fire as well, like me, and he uses it to propel himself off the ground and fly!”

“You mean like Ironman?” Kris said. Chanyeol fell silent and blinked.

“I never thought about Ironman… but yeah, just like Ironman!” he smiled. “Besides, this’ll be your first time flying. I don’t think you can take on my weight while in the air.”

“This is your first time, too!” Kris argued. “Unless you’re secretly Ironman.” He added sarcastically.

“I’m better than Ironman.” Chanyeol grinned as he started running towards the edge of the mountain.

“HEY!” Kris tried to stop him but he was too late. Chanyeol jumped off the edge, screaming in his baritone voice. “Chanyeol!” he screamed as the boy disappeared from sight… only to reappear again, jets of flame erupting from his feet and hands.

“Yeah!” Chanyeol yelled into the air. “This is awesome!”

“Are you crazy!? Are you COMPLETELY out of your mind!?” Kris was hysterical. He clutched at his hair, just noticing how fast his heart was beating due to the shock he had just experienced. But Chanyeol ignored him.

“Krees! Catch me if you can!” And with that, he zoomed away. Kris sighed impatiently and cursed. He made himself float a few inches away from the ground, then a few meters until he was at a height where a drop could kill him or seriously injure him. Then he flew after Chanyeol, following the trail of smoke that the other boy left behind. They both disappeared into the clouds.

 


 

Sehun knelt down beside Luhan and began rubbing his back.

“Luhan, I didn’t mean to! I wasn’t meaning to send an attack that big!” Sehun stuttered into his words. Luhan grabbed his hand.

“Sehun-ah, I’m okay. I’m not hurt.” he said. He was still on his knees when he spoke. “But we need to contact Kai as soon as possible. Chen is in danger.”

“Kai?” Sehun was surprised when the name came out of Luhan’s mouth, but then he remembered that he’d talked about him appearing on his roof. “Okay, how do we do that?”

Luhan was quiet for a while, then he stood up. Sehun stood with him.

“I have to do it. With my telepathy, I’m sure.” Luhan touched his head. “Whoever it is that’s trying to communicate with me is telling me to contact Kai, but she left out the part on how.”

“She?” Sehun asked.

“Ah, yeah. Whenever I hear the voice, it’s the voice of a woman.” Luhan’s head started to hurt again but this time from thinking. Thinking of a way how he could possibly contact someone he didn’t know.

“Connect with me.” Sehun said all of a sudden. “ I think… I think that if you at least know how he looks like, how he is, who he is, then you’ll have a better chance of reaching his mind.”

Luhan looked at the younger boy. “Are you sure?” Luhan asked. “I can’t control my powers too well and I might… I might see more than what you want me to see.”

Sehun shook his head slowly with a faint smile on his face. “I don’t care,” he said. “If your friend’s in trouble, then we need to do this. Besides, it’s not like I’m not going to try and stop you from seeing what else is in my mind! I’m going to resist with all my might!” He smiled at Luhan, trying to lighten up the mood. Luhan smiled back and nodded.

“Okay,” he turned to face Sehun. “I’ll be gentle with the probe.”

Sehun giggled. “Don’t say it that way!” Luhan blushed when he thought about what he just said but decided he wouldn’t comment. He put his hands on Sehun’s head.

“Ready?” Luhan was an arm’s length away from Sehun. The younger boy looked at him and nodded. “Okay.”

Then he went inside, his consciousness tapping into Sehun’s. He’d read his mind before but they were more by accident than by force. Now that he needed to read Sehun’s mind, he didn’t know how to go about it. But once he touched Sehun’s consciousness with his own, everything spilled into his mind like a tidal wave of information.

Kai’s face. Sehun’s favorite drink. Kai’s personality. Sehun’s hobby. What Sehun remembered from the night that changed everything. Sehun’s likes and dislikes. Kai’s smile. Sehun’s mom and dad. Kai’s house. Sehun’s feelings for…

Sehun pulled away from Luhan’s hold on his head and they both fell back, panting from the process. Luhan observed that Sehun’s cheeks were tinted a light pink, and he felt that his was as well. They looked at each other for some time before Luhan broke the silence by clearing his throat.

“I… I think I got enough information to contact him now.” He stood up and offered his hand to Sehun. The other boy took it and Luhan hoisted him up to his feet.

“Right,” Sehun agreed silently. His head was lowered, avoiding having to look at Luhan or be looked at by him. Luhan noticed.

“I’ll try contacting him now.” Luhan said, which Sehun replied with an "Okay". Luhan closed his eyes and concentrated on whatever information he gleaned from Sehun’s memories of Kai. His face, his form, his name. Repeating it again and again in his head with every bit of him, hoping that whatever he was doing will work.

 


 

Baekhyun and Suho launched themselves at Kai while Lay and Xiumin did the same to Tao, embracing both newcomers in a three-way hug.

“I thought there were ghosts down there…” Tao said weakly. Lay and Xiumin released him from their hug.

“Awe, you didn’t get scared, did you?” Xiumin said mockingly, ruffling Tao’s hair. “Don’t worry. We’re here now.”

Kai looked at the other three and was surprised to see how Tao acted when he was with his friends. He’s completely different from the ‘man of steel, death glare’ boy he was with in the metal cage. He turned to face Suho and Baekhyun and gave them another tight hug.

“I thought I was never getting out of there.” He said into their hug.

“I felt the same way.” Suho said after they broke the hug up. Baekhyun expressed the same feelings. “If it hadn’t been for Xiumin,” Suho pointed at the boy. “I would have given up trying to get out.” The other three boys now faced them.

“Tao,” Xiumin said. “That’s Suho.” Tao gave a slight bow, to which Suho acknowledged with a bow of his own.

“And that’s Baekhyun.” Lay added. Tao and Baekhyun shared a bow. Tao introduced Xiumin and Lay to Kai and they exchanged bows of their own. Then Kai heard it. Someone was calling him. A voice inside his head. He spun around, trying to locate the voice. It was getting louder every time he heard it.

Kai… Kai…

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Suho asked, worried. He took Kai by the shoulders and stopped him from spinning around. Kai looked at him, confused.

“You can’t hear it?” Kai’s eyes darted around. It was as if whoever was calling his name was just beside him or behind him. “Someone’s calling me!”

“We can’t hear anything.” Baekhyun said, cupping a hand behind one ear. “Can you?” He looked at Lay. The other three shrugged.

“It’s in my head.” Kai said.

 

| Free |

 


 

[A/N]

 

They're freeeee!~ Only two more characters left to introduce!! Anyone missing those two?? Well, the next update should tell us their fate! 

Hope you guys liked this chapter as much as I liked writing it! UpVote for Kung-Fu Pose Sehun? XD

'Til the next update!! <3