Chapter 3

New World (Revised)

 

| Chapter 3 |

 

Six. Six of the symbols on the floor had started glowing not too long ago. The first two symbols were the dragon one and the other bird-like symbol.

“So this is Kris’.” Tao said, pointing at the dragon symbol. Kai nodded and pointed at the teardrop symbol.

“This must be Suho’s.”

“And this is Xiumin’s.” Tao added, pointing at the snowflake. “I wonder whose symbols these are?” he walked towards the unicorn symbol and the star-like symbol, both also glowing.

“That star one must be Baekhyun’s. He was the last person I appeared in front of and I saw him glowing. It was blinding. The star must represent that. Like, light?” Kai said. “And this,” he pointed at the other bird symbol. “This must be Chanyeol. It kind of resembles a phoenix. Well, for me.”

They were both silent for a while, looking at the glowing symbols.

“I’m beginning to see a pattern.” Kai murmured. Tao looked at him. “The dragon and the phoenix. They lit up at basically the same time, right? Well, they’re both powerful mythological creatures. Then,“ Kai pointed at the teardrop and the snowflake. “Ice and Water. Obviously. And then there’s the star and the unicorn head, they must represent light or goodness or something. Unicorns have always been symbols of good, right?”

“Unicorns. They have healing properties, don’t they?” Tao asked. Kai nodded. “Then that must be Lay’s symbol. He fixed Chen’s wound back at Kris’.”

“Okay. So that’s Chanyeol, Suho and Baekhyun…”

“And Kris, Xiumin and Lay…”

“I have the power to teleport.” Kai said, “Which is basically manipulating space. And what would most likely be paired up with space?” Kai's face lit up as he answered his question in his head.

Tao looked at Kai in the eyes, the answer also settling in his mind. Kai pointed at a symbol on the floor, the symbol that looked like an hourglass.

“That’s your power, Tao. You have the power over time!”

 


 

“Whoohooo!!!!” Chanyeol was shooting tongues of flame from his hands and shouting like a lunatic into the night sky.

“Stop it!” Kris yelled. “You’ll attract something! I won’t take you with me if you keep doing that!”

“Let them come! I’ll roast them with these!” Chanyeol said, producing two flaming balls in his hands. His face looked devilish and crazed with his wide, ear-to-ear smile and the exaggerated, dancing shadows that the flaming spheres' light painted on his face. Kris gave him the iciest expression he could muster. “Fine, fine.” Chanyeol grumbled and extinguished his flames. It suddenly turned dark now that Chanyeol’s fires were gone. The only source of light they had now was from the two large moons in the sky. “What do you suggest we do?”

“Fly out of here, that’s what. But we’ll do it tomorrow morning. It’s too dark now and we don’t know where we are and what's out there.”

Chanyeol nodded. Then he produced a ball of flame and threw it into the sky. It floated a few feet above them.

“I told you, enough of that!” Kris spat.

“Relax! I’m just giving us some light.” Chanyeol explained, sitting down on the ground directly below the floating ball of flame. “Sleepy yet?” he asked.

“A bit. There’s a lot to take in today.” Kris replied. He eyed the floating ball of fire and admired it for a second. “Is that going to hold up all night?”

“Yeah. I told it to.” Chanyeol replied nonchalantly. He stretched his long body and let out a loud yawn. “This isn’t the best bed we can have but we’ll have to make do, right?” He started to lie down, eyes blinking sleepily.

“Yeah.” Kris started lying down as well.

“Good night, Krees.” Chanyeol said with his eyes closed. He was lying down on the ground, looking like he was just as comfortable there as he would be in his own bed.

“It’s Kris.” Kris corrected.

“That’s what I said.” Chanyeol replied with a yawn. Then he was out like a light. Kris looked at his new companion, a smile lightly tugging at the side of his lips.

“Good night.”

 

| Rest, Good Night |

 


 

[A/N]

Hi guys! How are you liking the story so far? I'd like to know! If you could, please comment!! Comments give authors this rush and it helps us write and update faster. LOL 

Any KrisYeol shippers out there? This is for you!~ Kekeke~~ 

If you REALLY LOVE the story so far, UpVote?? :D I'd really appreciate it!

Much love, guys! <3