Chapter 7 - Meeting the hosts.

How To Become A Host [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 7

"Meeting the hosts."

Previously on How To Become A Host:

After about five minutes Changmin stood up from his chair, looking determined.

“We’ll do it.”

Henry’s eyes widened and his mouth stood ajar. What?!

“Hyung! What do you mean ‘we’ll do it’?” Henry whined. “How can you say that so easily!”

Changmin sighed and faced Yunho and Jaejoong. “Can you give us a minute?”

The couple nodded and stood up from the chair, leaving Yunho’s office. Changmin took in a breath and faced the pouting mochi. Convincing Henry was going to be difficult.

“Look, we both know that we need to pay for the broken vase. It our plan didn’t work the way we wanted it to, but it happened and there’s nothing we can do about it anymore.”

Henry frowned, letting Changmin’s words sink in.

“Plus, I think Yunho’s offer isn’t so bad. I mean, look at this place! If we work here and try our best we will earn back that money in no-time.” Changmin looked at Henry and smirked. Just one last push and Henry would agree.

“I don’t know Changmin… What if everyone here is mean to us? Or what if I at being a host and we’re stuck here forever!” Henry flailed his arms around and plopped down on his chair again.

“One; I will kick anyone’s who dares to bully you. Two; we will be trained first, so I highly doubt that we will be horrible and last but not least, three; if we’re stuck here forever remember you’ll be stuck here with Zhoumi-sshi.”

This seemed to trigger something, because Henry went rigid at the other’s name and his cheeks slowly filled themselves with the color red. “Zhoumi?” He whispered.

It seems Henry had forgotten that while working at the club it also meant he could see the gentleman-like host again. Not only once, but at least five days a week.

Changmin sat down and waited for Henry’s response. He already knew what the other’s answer would be, but he patiently waited for the words to come out of the little mochi’s mouth.

Henry sighed and finally looked up from his lap, facing Changmin. “I’ll do it.” 

After Yunho and Jaejoong returned again, they talked about the rules, special themes and workdays. After that they went to the club’s relax room where all the hosts would gather after work to drink or eat something and talk about their days. It was also used for club meetings.

“Since it’s past 7pm all the regular hosts have left about now. The only ones still here are the popular hosts. They don’t go home and instead sleep here at the club.” Yunho explained as they walked through the halls.

“Sleep here?” Changmin inquired, as he silently scanned the walls and many doors.

“Since they are so highly requested the popular hosts start the day earlier and end later. We have build rooms on the second floor for them to live in. It’s sort of like an apartment complex, but instead of going to work with the bus or car their work is literally beneath them.”

Jaejoong skipped behind them and quipped, “It feels like a huge family this way. If they are happy, we are happy. And you never know; maybe when you start to work here you’ll become popular hosts and then you can live with us.” Cue eyebrow wiggle.

Yunho chuckled and stopped in front of a big mahogany door. “We’re here.”

He pushed it open and loud noises reached their ears. Henry and Changmin were not prepared for what was about to come.

A big room came into view, the walls painted soft beige. There were sofas and cushions spread around the room and on the right was a neat kitchen. On the left wall was a plasma TV and next to it a huge case filled with books, games and other necessary things.  There was a chandelier hanging in the middle of the room, casting a soft light on everything.

“Wow,” Henry muttered and unco

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter