Arranged Marriage

My Awful Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: The ones is dark blue will be in English and black is Korean.

 

~.~

Jessica stirred in her sleep when her Pororo alarm clock rang to wake her up. Groggily, she shifted to the side of her bed and let her hands wandered around her desk for the Pororo alarm clock and slammed it. Finally, there was peace and Jessica snuggled under her comfortable blankets, a smile was plastered on her face and she was trying to fall asleep once again when a loud bang was heard. 

"I knew it. I knew that you would not wake up right away. Get out of your bed! Now! Get ready for work!" A loud shout was heard, making Jessica shot up. 

"F-father.." She whined, thinking that maybe her father would allow her to get some more rest after trying to get the students to listen to her yesterday. Much to her disappointment, her father ignored her whine and pulled the blanket away from her, letting her body meet the cold wind. Jessica pouted in reponse as she frowned at her father. Crossing his arms across his chest, he said. "What are you waiting for? Get ready. I'll meet you downstairs in 15 minutes okay? If you're not down by then-"

Her eyes widened at his words, she jumped off the bed hurriedly and rushed to her bathroom before shutting the door. She knew that her dad will threaten her by saying that she would be sent off to Korea; her hometown in order to be more punctual. After finishing her daily routine, she scurried to her table and get all the things she would need for the lesson and ran down the stairs leading her to the living room. She glanced at the clock and heaved a sigh of relief. It's not over 15 minutes which means that she's safe. Putting her bag on the couch, she walked towards the dining table and greeted all her family member before eating.

***

The short hand of the clock pointed at the number 2 and the bell rang. Students stood up and bowed to the teacher, thanking them for the lesson they were thought. Jessica piled her books together and bowed to the students before walking out of the classroom. "Hey!" She heard someone calling her.

She turned around, spotting Henry behind her smiling at her. "Hey Henry. Woah-" She chuckled when Henry hugged her tightly. Henry pulled back from her and looked at her lovingly. "How's my babe today? Is the lesson going well? Or is Jason bothering you again?"

Shaking her head, she gave him a small smile to reassure him that everything's fine. Henry returned the smile and hugged her again once more. "So.." He started. "When are you going to tell your parents about us?" 

Jessica looked down as she thought, her lips was pinched together. "Probably today. I don't want to keep this from them any longer. A year is enough." She said, looking into his eyes. 

The smile on his face disappeared and was changed to a worried look. " You said that they had always been wishing for a korean son-in-law. Will they accept me? I'm not korean."

Shrugging, she replied. "Well, we will never know if we don't try."

The both drove to Jessica's house and entered the house in nervousness. "I'm home." She said and closed the door behind her with Henry standing beside her looking around the house.

Her mother who was cooking, walked out of the kitchen to greet her child but stopped when she saw that she wasn't alone. "Who..is..this?" She asked warily, eyes kept on Henry. Henry bowed to her immediately and introduced himself. 

"I'm Henry, Henry Lau.." He said. "Jessica's boyfriend." Jessica studied her mother's expression and cleary knew that she wasn't satisfied with what she just heard.

They all sat in the living room with silence surrounding them. Jessica and Henry stood in front of all her family members who were sitting on the couch. Exhaling loudly, her father began. "Mind introducing him?" 

Clearing , she spoke. "He is Henry Lao, he is an American born Chinese and I've been dating him for a year."

"What?! A year?! You've been dating a non-korean for a year? Are you kidding me?" Her father flared.  "I thought I've made it clear for you to not date non-koreans!"

Jessica completely disagreed, she doesn't understand why must she be with koreans and only koreans? She grew up in America and was friends with non-koreans! She had only met a few koreans but none of them attracted her. " Father! What's so wrong about dating non-koreans? Why must he be a Korean? He is a nice guy, caring, smart, rich and handsome. Why not date a guy like him?"

Waving his hands above his head, he insisted. "I don't care about him being nice or whatever. I want to keep only Korean blood in us. Not combined with a Chinese blood! Both of you are from different countries! How could you two be compatible?"

Jessica was about to protest when her father shushed her. "Call him to leave. I need to talk to you." 

"Father.."

"Now, Jessica." Her father said. Without any choice left, Jessica sighed and turned to Henry, giving him an apologetic smile. "I think you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter