six;; escape

The Pursuit of Happiness

six;; escape

 

Tic. Tac. Tic. Tac.

 

Soojung stares at the clock in front of her. It was the first day of winter break and she was stuck in her room. Victoria has gone to China to visit her parents and the twins are about to go to Ibiza with their parents. And to make things worse, Ara is staying at the mansion for a week.

 

She has nothing to do.  She has literally read all of the books she had. She was feeling a bit hungry, but if she does go out of her room, she might see Ara. She has tried watching something on her flat screen T.V. but it wasn’t really interesting.

 

‘Maybe I should buy a new book.’

 

Her thoughts were ruined by a phone call. She looked at her screen. Idiot #1. What the hell was Kai calling her for?

 

“Hiiii!” says a high pitched voice. Krystal widened her eyes. Is this… Kai?

 

“Uhm, Kai?”

 

“Ha! It’s Taemin. I knew you’d guess it wrong.” She chuckled as soon as she heard his voice. It was her idiot #2. She should have known. 

 

“You’re such an idiot.” Taemin laughs at her remark. “Why are you using Kai’s phone? Shouldn’t you be preparing? Your flight is in 2 hours!”

 

“Hey don’t scold me! Scold Kai. He’s still showering. By the way I’m shaking my head right now. I'm telling because you can't see me.”

 

Soojung could only sigh. How did she ever become friends with these boys? “Both of you are idiots.”

 

“But you love us anyways. What are you doing right now?”

 

“Nothing really, just rolling around my room.”

 

“Wait, you’re not going out of the country? You’re going to stay there?”

 

“Yeah. I told you like a wee-“

 

“You didn’t tell me!”

 

“Yes, I did Taemin. You weren’t probably listening.”

 

“That’s not true! I always listen to you.”

 

“Well, obviously you didn’t. But it’s ok-“

 

“Hey, don’t leave your room! I’ll be there soon.”

 

“Wait, wh-?

 

Call ended.

 

Lee Taemin just hung up on her. 

 

‘I’m going to kill that guy the next time I see him.’

 

At that very moment, Soojung heard a knock on the door. She quickly jumped on her bed, pulled the covers of her bed and pretended to sleep. She had a feeling it was Ara.

 

“Soojung-ah?”

 

She was right. It was her.

 

“I brought snacks for you.” She says happily, even though she knows that she’s not listening. “I made these myself. I hope you like it.”

 

Ara places the tray carefully with a plate of  freshly made cupcakes and an orange juice on her table just beside her bed. She smiles weakly as she stares at her.

 

“I know you’re awake. I heard you talking to your friend a while ago.”

 

‘.’ Soojung mentally curses. ‘Great. Now can you leave?’

 

“Please listen to me.” Ara says, as if she was reading her mind. “I know you hate me. But I just want to tell you, that I really love your father.”

 

Tic. Tac. Tic. Tac.

 

‘I don’t want to listen. I don’t want to listen.’

 

“I really do. It’s not because of his wealth, but because you’re father’s a marvelous man.”

 

Tic. Tac. Tic. Tac.
 

‘Shut up.’

 

“You know, when he first told me about you, I knew that you were as magnificent as him.”

 

Tic. Tac. Tic. Tac.

 

‘You don’t know me.’

 

“I’ve only seen pictures of you, but by the way he described you, it was so obvious that he really love-“

 

“Please stop.” Soojung suddenly spoke, making Ara stop. “I don’t want to listen. Please leave.”

 

Ara could just sigh. “I will wait for you to accept me, no matter how long.” She steps closer to the edge of her bed, planting a quick kiss on her cheek. “I love you, Soojung-ah.”

 

As soon she heard the door shut, she immediately stood up. She was crying again. The tears she didn’t want to come out was falling from her eyes. She wanted to stop, but she couldn’t. Those three words. She has been longing for them. Victoria says that to her a lot, but why is crying now?

 

 

The only way that stopped her from crying was a warm bath. She has already took a shower earlier this  morning but decided to take a bath as it was her way of removing the thoughts she didn’t want to think about.

 

Thump.

 

“God damn it.” She mumbles to herself.

 

A weird loud sound has been coming from the balcony for the nth every since she got into the tub. She wanted to ignore it again, but she just couldn’t stand it anymore. It was ruining her relaxation.

 

She quickly took her towel to dry herself up and wore her bathrobe. She didn’t want to open the balcony because of the cold wind but she just to know what it was (or who) so she could shut it up. But as soon as she opened it, a snowball went flying straight to her face.

 

“What the ?!” She angrily brushes off the ice. Looking down, she sees Kai smiling cheekily.

 

“I swear I didn’t do that on purpose. Sorry!”

 

“What are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be on the plane right now?”

 

“Hurry up and get down here! We have to go!”

 

“Go where?”

 

“Somewhere! Just hurry up! The guards might see me down here.”

 

Soojung stops to think. Victoria will surely kill her for not asking for permission, her father’s not there yet and the only person at home was Ara.

 

“Psst! Are you coming or not?”

 

“I’ll be down there in 10 minutes.”

author's note;; woooah i'm alive???? i'm so sorry for not updating TT___TT y'all have the right to hate me. sorry for all the grammar and spelling mistake. i hope you liked the update