65 Winners

Sacrifice

The moment you had heard your real name being called from Luhan’s lips, it made your knees weak. You could hear Luhan finally catching up to you in the few moments you had stopped moving. He was breathing heavily which meant that he had to have run all the way here from the classroom.

Cautiously, you took another step, an attempt to allow him to realize that you weren’t Hayeon. However, the attempt was futile.

“Jung Hayeon,” Luhan’s voice was low, “I’m talking to you.”

Without turning around to face him, he tried to make yourself sound like you were alright, “...I don’t know who you’re talking about.”

The façade you had put up was what was keeping you from breaking down in tears. Just by hearing Luhan finally realize who you were made you quite emotional. You couldn’t tell if you were happy or saddened. You had attempted to shut your heart away, but you realized that it was too late – it was already full and spilling out. The truth was that you did, indeed, lie to your own heart and the price of such an action was pain.

“Those gifts,” he said slowly, “Those were specially prepared, weren’t they? Those designs were especially drawn and made by you, right? You are Jung Hayeon – “

He began to say, but you interrupted him, “Don’t over-think this too. I told you that I’m not this Hayeon person you’re talking about. I’m Yu Najung. I’m a new transfer student. I merely resemble this girl you speak of!”

Your words were literally full of lies. As a result, the pain in your heart only intensified. Truthfully, you had always liked to keep everything to yourself. You never knew what it meant to love someone and be loved until you meant Luhan. He was the most important boy in the world and you couldn’t even admit something like that. These feelings, they were a first for you. Even if you had no self-confidence in yourself, you knew that your actions and they way you were handling the situation was wrong.

Everything was all wrong. You didn’t want to lie to your heart anymore, but what could you do? In this story, you weren’t going to get your happy ending. Tears began to spill from your eyes without warning. Even when you wiped them away, they would continue to stream endlessly down your cheeks.

Suddenly, you felt someone’s hand touch your cheek, tilting your head up to meet theirs. You met eyes with Luhan and your heart began to yearn again. You yearned to feel his touch and feel his embrace. You had never realized how much you had actually missed the boy.

“I don’t care what you say,” Luhan began, “All I know is that the girl in front of me is Jung Hayeon and I still love her. There are too many coincidences between the you right now and the you back then. I know the girl I love – you can’t fool me.”

At that moment, you felt your heartbeat quicken even more. His words had finally reached you and you finally felt the sincerity behind his words.

The best test in love was this – to be able to find the one you love even after knowing she was gone and no longer existing after they are reincarnated.

You opened your mouth to tell him that you really weren’t Hayeon because you had believed that that was what you were supposed to say, but you stopped. Did that even matter anymore? Luhan had just confessed his love once again to Jung Hayeon.

Did this count as your victory?

However, before you could say or do anything else, you were silenced with the sweetest kiss. As Luhan slowly pulled away you could see something change in his expression.

“…Hayeon,” his voice was barely a whisper – his hand coming up, brushing against your skin, “It’s really you.”

Before you could ask Luhan what he was mumbling about, a voice from behind you seemed to answer your questions, “Congratulations Hayeon. You actually did it without trying at all. I didn’t think you would actually be able to win.”

“Hamin?” you furrowed your eyebrows.

Then, you froze. Hearing your voice, you had realized that it was back to normal. You no longer sounded like Yu Najung. Was this possible? Did you really change back to who you were?

You scrambled to find a mirror of sorts, so you could confirm it for yourself.

“Turns out you won’t be coming with me after all,” Hamin chuckled lightly.

You glanced at the God of Death, “I really did it? This isn’t another one of your games? How did you know that I had won just now, anyways?”

Hamin shook his head, “It’s not a joke. I’m always watching you, remember? That’s why I’m here. Did you forget?”

Luhan frowned at the two of you. This was the first time he had ever heard of a Hamin in your life and he was curious as to who he was to you. It seemed like the two of you had something going on that he didn’t know of and to be honest, he could feel a bit of jealousy.

“Take care of her for me, alright?” Hamin glanced at Luhan.

Luhan crossed his arms, “Even if you didn’t tell me, I would still take care of her, so don’t you worry one bit."

A bit amused by Luhan's quick reply, Hamin gave you one final look. You could see his figure fading and you knew that time was up. The Death God was about to leave. For some strange reason, you felt like you had already begun to miss the boy since he had actually helped you when you needed it the most.

With a final word of farewell, Hamin disappeared into thin air, leaving you and Luhan alone.

"Who was that?" Luhan raised an eyebrow, "How are you alive? What's going on?"

Luhan had many questions regarding what had happened from the moment you had disappeared from his life to your reappearance. Finally, you were able to manage out a laugh. You slipped your hand into his as you leaned against his shoulder.

"It's a long story. I don't know if you have the time to hear it."

Luhan blinked, "I have plenty of time. I'll even skip class if you need more."

You smiled gently as you tip-toed up, kissing his cheek, "Thanks for the offer, but I think we have a bigger problem right now. I can't exactly go back to class looking like a whole new person, can I?"

"Then, I think it's time for Jung Hayeon to transfer to our school, don't you think?" Luhan wrapped his arms around your waist as he spun you around once, "I've been waiting for this day for a very long time."

Gazing into Luhan's eyes once more, you thought for a second, "You know, I've never actually gotten the chance to say something."

"What?"

A huge smile came upon your lips as you leaned up and whispered into his ear, "I love you, Luhan."

Those words were something he had wanted to hear for a long time. The moment you said it, he couldn't help but feel himself become elated.

"Guess what?" he chuckled as he cupped your cheeks, "I love you too."

Maybe you had been wrong all this time. A happy ending is always possible. You never know when a miracle just might happen.

—— The End —— ☆


A/N: Sad to say that this fanfic has come to an end D: It was a pleasure writing for you guys and I'm glad you liked this story~ I'll probably write another story soon so subscribe to me as an author if you want to read more from me^^

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO COMMENTED - YOU GUYS MOTIVATED ME TO UPDATE THE MOST

If you have time, please check out my other fanfictions!

1) Kiss or Kill ---- It stars you and Jungkook (BTS) & Kiss or Kill Special
2) Miracle --- It stars you and Taemin (SHINEE)
3) Metamorphosis ---- It stars you and Myungsoo (INFINITE)
4) The Full Moon ---- It stars you and Daehyun (BAP)
5) Bittersweet Capture ---- It stars Luhan (EXOM) and Miyoung (SNSD)

I'll update the story soon! I'm just finishing up planning for it and stuff. Oh and if I only update like a couple of chapters a day, it's because I have some studying to do *procrastinating* LOL~ Love you guys for supporting me!(: