Preparation

Not According to Plan

"You're going on a date tonight?!" Victoria yelled. 

Amber looked alarmed and covered her sister's mouth. "Unnie! Don't talk so loud. Omma and baba--" 

"Who's going on a date tonight?!" Mr. Liu asked, barging  into Amber's room, Mrs. Liu not too far behind. Amber brought her hand to her face. 

"Amber is." Victoria clapped. 

"With who?" Mr. Liu asked. 

"You'll see when he picks me up later, okay?" Amber said, massaging her temples. 

Mrs. Liu and Victoria shared a smile. "Okay, dear. Yeobo, let's go." Mrs. Liu said, pulling Mr. Liu out of the room. 

Victoria turned to Amber. "It's 4:45. When is your date?" 

"He's coming over at 6." 

"I'm calling the girls. Go get into the shower. We're going to get you ready for that date." 

Amber sighed and brought her robe, heading into her shared restroom with Victoria. She complied, knowing that any pleads she had would be in vain. "Be back in 30." She quickly stripped out of her clothes, and got into the shower. She sighed to herself as she washed her hair. She would be lying if she said she wasn't nervous. She was more than nervous for her first date with her boyfriend and her first date in about 8 months. She finished her shower around 5:20 and put her robe on after drying herself. She walked back to her bedroom only to be greeted by her 3 friends and sister. "Hey guys." 

"Hi unnie!" the 3 chorused as they pushed her into her desk chair. "Stay here." Sulli said, "We're going to Vic unnie's room." 

"Let's get this over with. No foundation, blush or eye shadow." 

"That's the spirit, unnie." Krystal said dryly.


Kai was freaking out. Not only was it his first date in months, it was his first date with his girlfriend. He had no idea what to wear. He knew that wasn't usually what boys freaked out over, but he couldn't help it. He wanted to impress her with both his immaturity and maturity. He pulled his hair lightly and took out his phone, calling the 2 people he could trust when it came to this. "It's an emergency. I need you now." 

"Be there in 5." the two said. 

Kai smiled lightly at the contact picture of his one and only best friend forever, Oh Sehun. He owed the maknae a lot. 

"Sehun?" Kai said, surprised. 

"Do you love her?" Sehun asked. 

"Just like you do."  Kai answered. 

"Just like we do." Sehun corrected, tugging on the arm of Jayden. 

"Jayden?" Kai said, eyes slightly wide. "Why are you guys here?" 

"We're here to wish you good luck." Jayden answered, smiling bitterly. 

"Why? You guys love her." 

"Yeah, but she loves you. We're letting her go." 

"She what?" 

"She loves you. I see in her eyes." Jayden repeated. "We're letting her go, but if you hurt her, you're going to get it from the both of us." 

"Not just us, EXO, Super Junior, Shinee and f(x)." 

Kai awoke from his reverie when 2 people entered his room. Sehun was breathing loudly. "What's the emergency?" Kris asked. 

"I don't know what to wear!" Sehun took two steps from the door to Kai and smacked him on the back of the head, causing Kris to laugh. "Ouch! What was that for?!" Kai yelled, rubbing his head. 

"That was for saying it was an emergency. I ran here from Tao's!" Sehun  explained, crossing his arms. 

"That's only a couple blocks!" 

"Still! I ran here so I could help you play dress up!" 

"What should I wear? It's already 5:16!" Kai asked. 

Sehun and Kris shared a look before taking a seat on Kai's bed. "Formal or casual date?" Kris asked, eyeing the boy. 

"A bit of both." Kai answered. 

"Okay then." Sehun said. "White dress shirt with floral print." 

"The one his ex-girlfriend got him?!" Kris asked. 

"Yeah, who cares?" Sehun shrugged. Kai listened and put on the shirt, buttoning it all the way. "Yah, grandpa, some buttons." 

"Yeah, and roll up the sleeves to your elbows." Kris ordered 

"Black skinny jeans. Don't tuck the shirt in." Sehun said, throwing him the jeans. "I assume you know which shoes to wear."

"Black Vans?"

"Close enough." Kris answered.

Kai slipped on the jeans and looked over at the clock. 5:21. He let out a sigh and ran a hand through his wet hair. "Thanks. I'm going to do my hair. Can you guys do me a favor? Go get some flowers?" 

"Why? Noona hates flowers." Sehun asked, eyebrows raised. 

Kai laughed. "I know, she said that because she cannot eat them, they are of no use to her." 

"So, why?" Kris asked. 

"For her mother! If her mom likes me, there's less of a chance that her dad will kill me." 

"That's smart. Kris hyung, do that when you finally grow the balls to ask Vic noona out!" Sehun teased, earning him a hard slap to the back of the head by a red faced Kris. 


"Pst!" Amber hissed. She looked over at the window next to hers. She saw shuffling and she smiled lightly. Kai was trying to hide his outfit from her, so he threw on a robe. "What are you up to?" She asked. 

"Me? I'm getting ready for an incredible date with a beautiful girl." 

She blushed. "Yah, not the time to be cheesy. Save me!" 

"From what?" 

"f(x)! They're in Vic unnie's room--getting makeup." 

Kai laughed. "Tell them your handsome boyfriend doesn't think you need it." 

"I'm not saying that." 

"Just tell them you have a handsome boyfriend, then." 

She stuck her tongue out at him. "How can I lie?" 

"I'll be sure to tell him that." he winked at her. 

She laughed. "Bye." 

"I look forward to seeing you all hot and y." he said, earning him a shirt to the face. He laughed as he went back into his private bathroom to fix his hair. He glanced at the clock, and upon seeing the 5:29, he freaked out a bit. He quickly adjusted the lollipop bouquet he had specially ordered for his noona. He ran a hand through his hair, walked to the restroom and fixed his collar before applying some gel to his hair. "Hello Mr. and Mrs. Liu. I'm Kim Jongin and I'm here to take your beautiful daughter on a date." he practiced. 

He heard a light chuckle from behind him. "You'll do fine on your date." 

He turned around to see his mother. "Omma..." 

"You'll do fine. I've never seen you this nervous for a date." 

"She's a.... special girl." he answered. 

"Ah, Amber is a very special girl." 

His eyes widened. "How did you know?" 

"Mother's intuition. You were infatuated with her the moment you met her, you just didn't know." 


Kai hesitantly knocked on the door as soon as the clock 6. He didn't want to be late. He put the flowers and lollipops in front of his face to prevent Mr. Liu from seeing him right away. He heard the door click open. "Come on in, son. I've got a couple questions." He heard Mr. Liu say. He gulped and stood beside the couch. "Name, age, school, occupation, GPA and future dream." 

"Yeobo!" Mrs. Liu gasped. 

"Answer me,, boy." 

Kai cleared his throat as he set the bouquets on the coffee table. "Omo." he heard Mrs. Liu say. "Good evening Mr. and Mrs. Liu. My name is Kim Jongin, age 18, I got to Bucheon High with a 4.2 GPA."

"Jongin?" Mr. Liu said. "You're here to take my daughter on a date?" 

"Yes, sir. I really like Amber noona and I want to show her that I really like her." 

"You--what was your future dream?" 

"I--" 

"Daddy!" Amber yelled at the top of the stairs before running down the stairs to move her father a bit further from her boyfriend. Kai looked at her, appreciating every inch of her beauty. She was wearing a patterned muscle shirt with a cutoff jean vest with black leggings and combat boots. 

 

Amber looked at him and bit her lip. He was looking extra good in that outfit. 

"Amber, your date is here." Mrs. Liu said. "You should have told me you were dating Jongin!" 

"Omma," Amber whined as she blushed. 

Kai chuckled lightly. "Oh," he said. "Mrs. Liu, these are for you." he said handing her the flowers. 

"Omo, they're lovely, dear. Thank you. I thought they were for Amber. " 

He smiled down affectionately at his girlfriend. "Aniyo. She doesn't like flowers because she said she can't eat them--so they are useless." Amber let out a laugh. "So, I got her this, instead." he said, handing her a bouquet of flower lollipops. 

She smiled as she took out a blue one to on. "Thanks." She handed the bouquet to her mother and waved goodbye to her parents. "Bye, we're leaving!" 

Kai bowed to her parents. "I'll have her back before 11. Thank you." 

"You better." Mr. Liu said. 

Victoria, Luna, Sulli and Krystal ran to the door to wave the couple off. "BE SAFE!" 


Quick and short update, but I'll update again tomorrow. No worries (: 

Thanks to anyone who subscribed because I think I have over 100! Ha, Thanks to those who subscribed right when I wrote the foreward.