Andante (TeukSora)

Teukso/Suju One-shots~~

 

Everything was white around him. It kind of hurt his eyes a bit, but he always loved white. They both loved white; they loved everything that each one did. Now, he hates this color. Hates everything that she loves. He used to be a happy guy and now, he can't even smile anymore. But this has became a routine for him, seeing this dream every single night. Gradually, he heard the same familiar music coming from no where. Without knowingly, his legs lead him towards the music, sweet and sad melody ringing through the empty space. He saw a familiar scene, a girl in white dress playing piano, something he sees every single night. She looked sad, as she played the familiar tunes on the piano. He stood there, mesmerized and traumatized at the same time. The girl stopped playing, and turned to looked at him. "Hey," she said and smiled. He looked away, couldn't take in the light that shined from her. Another reality. 
 
"Jungsoo oppa..." She tried to speak before he interrupted. "Don't!" His voice came out hoarsely. 
 
She came a bit closer to him, and he cannot but wrap her with his arms. He did and she didn't resist, because she knew that this would be the last time. They stayed like that, as long as possible. "Sora-ya, why?" He asked as he felt his tears threatening to fall any second. He always asked her this, but she would keep silent. However, to his surprise, she spoke about it. 
 
"I didn't want to burden you." 
 
Offended, he unwrapped his arms around her and cupped her face and looked at her with betrayed eyes. He saw tears streaming down her face. "You were never burden to me," he said, almost as a whisper. 
 
"I didn't want to hurt you. If I told you, then it would have been worse. One way or the other I was gonna die." 
 
"Why didn't you tell me you had cancer? Why waited until it was incurable? I could have helped.... Do you know how worthless I felt during your funeral? What kind of man I am who can't protect the woman he loves!" He said before leaning on her shoulder. She encircled her arms around his neck, and gently his soft hair. 
 
"But it was incurable to begin with, oppa. I didn't want your to suffer knowing that I would leave you someday whenever you looked at me. I didn't want you to see what I was going through. So, I just cut off some of your pain from the start." 
 
They remained quiet for a while, trying to memorize everything about each other. "I felt useless and worthless during your funeral. I don't think I can ever forget you." 
 
"But you are," she said and he looked up to her eyes, confused. "You are. You won't remember soon. You will forget everything slowly." 
 
"What? I don't want to!" He said as he moved away from her. She came forward and cupped his face and leaned on his head. "You are. You are slowly forgetting about me. And it's okay, it's okay to forget about me. I am fine with it. You have to move on, oppa. Remember what you promised me when you were beside me in the hospital?" 
 
"That I would definitely find someone else and be happy," he replied, remembering clearly her last days with her. Those days when she was in her therapy, how weak she looked. How doctors had already given up, but he kept on hoping. Hoping that his lover would be with his forever. "But I can't! I can't be happy without you!"
 
"You are breaking your promise oppa. Where is the man who never back out of promises? That person is the one I love, the strong man who promised me?" 
 
He kept quiet, not wanting to answer that that man disappeared when she did. She hugged him again, bringing closer than possible. They remained like that, she knew that this would be last time and he was just comfortable in her arms. "Promise me," she whispered. 
 
"What?" He asked her in her ears. 
 
"That no matter what, you would smile every day. That you would not blame yourself guilty. You don't have to forget me, just keep me in your heart. I won't come again. This is the last time. Our last time together. Do you want to remember me like this, crying or smiling?" 
 
"Are you happy? Seeing me like this?" He asked her. 
 
"No, that's why this is the last time. Because of me, you are like this. So, if you aren't willing me to go, then I have to," she said. He didn't have any energy to fight back, to answer or anything. He was just numb to do anything. She cupped his face again, meeting her beautiful eyes with his. "Even if I am leaving you doesn't mean I am leaving you forever. I am beside you, all the time. You won't just see me, but you would feel my love. I am always by your side. Got it?" 
 
Tears streamed down from their eyes, as they both wipe for each other. He closes his eyes and move forward, forward to her lips. She responds with the same intensity of his, melting wherever he touches her. Their lips break apart and she smiles sadly. He can feel darkness creeping in, could feel her moving away. He knows this the last time he will be seeing her for the last time. "I LOVE YOU! WAIT FOR ME!" He shouted out before drowning into darkness. She nodded and then smiled again, and mouth the words he would hear for the last time from her. 
 
"I love you too..." 
 
-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:
 
He opens his eyes to find sun right in his eyes. He moved away from it, pulling his blankets up, moving away from the light. Morning....   He suddenly turns to the light, welcoming the warm sunlight. He feels different, knows that his heart feels lighter. He can feel her presence beside him, looking at him. He smiles for real since a long time, he feels different. He blinks back the tears, knowing that he is totally not alone. Everyone has to leave someday, by leaving this world and entering another world. But you have to remember that they didn't leave you completely. They are always beside you, looking at you somewhere above us. They are always in your heart. They wouldn't like you to suffer because of them. They would want you to be happy with your life and move on with your life. Think of it this way, they are now in much happier place, a place where they wont feel any pain. Don't be sad, smile because it happened. Now she is in a place where she is happy, in heaven, where everyone's loved ones are.