Chapter 12: Ottoke?

I'm Just a Dancer...Right?

Chapter 12: Ottoke?

 

[Monique's POV]

My cheek still stung from the slap the manager gave me, but I wasn't angry. I really wasn't. He had a right to take his anger out on me. He worked hard to find Super Junior, and they were widely successful, and an insagnificant person like me shouldn't interfere with that kind of power.

I curled myself up in the blanket Ryeowook had handed to me on the couch. We were all watching a movie, but I just couldn't focus on that- I was to enraveled in the thought of possibly coming inbetween the members and their success. I layed across the couch, Donghae having my head rested on his lap and Leeteuk having my legs rest on his.

The boys were all into the scary film, Ryeowook was holding the popcorn and something popped out on the screen while he wasn't paying attention, making Sungmin (who was next to him) scream, making Ryeowook scream in response, tossing popcorn everywhere. I couldn't help but smile.

These guys had taken me in and helped me, but here I was, possibly ruining everything they've worked for. What right did I have to do that? I don't even want to take the chance to ruin their success. I rolled over, facing the back cushions of the couch, my hair covering my face. Donghae moved my hair away from my eyes and paused as he noticed tears that I hadn't even felt escape my eyes.

"Monique?" I didn't want to look at him, not like this. I just shook my head and got up, holding the blanket tightly around my body and stepped over the members sprawled on the floor, having a couple of them look at me with confusion. I quickly got into one of the rooms and locked the door. I looked around, noticing I was in Donghae's room.

I slid my back against the cool surface of the door and started to release the tears that I'd been holding in since late this afternoon.

[Donghae's POV]

I was about to get up from my position on the couch to be stopped by Leeteuk's hand grabbing on my arm, shaking his head.

"Don't. Just let her vent, a lot has happened today." My eyes followed the direction she went and nodded, sitting back down on the couch.

Leeteuk had told me what had happened once they got home from the practice room, Monique asleep on Leeteuk's back, her eyes puffy and a bright pink hand print placed on her cheek. I was instantly angered with seeing that hand print on her face, but to hear who was responsible for it made me even more angered.

I then sat with one leg up on the couch, my left arm resting on the arm of the seat and biting my nail nervously. I couldn't focus on the film any more or even the whimpers Ryeowook would let out of being scared- which were pretty loud. I then decided to get up and follow Monique, no matter what Leeteuk-hyung had said.

I made my way to the door of my room, hearing silent sobs on the other side of the door. I pressed my ear against the surface and heard her whimpering, "I'm in the way. I'm hurting their success.." I couldn't fully understand what she was saying, but it soon dawned on me with what Leeteuk had informed me about why the manager had slapped Monique.

"He said that Monique-ah was in the way of our success by making me miss my schedules for today..."

I could hear Leeteuk's voice in my head as I then connected the two. I softly knocked on the door, waiting for her to answer, but then I just announced who I was. "Monique-ah, It's Donghae." I heard her get up and saw the doorknob twist after a couple seconds had passed.

She opened the door with a plastered smile, but I just continued to frown, pushing her into the room and locking the door behind me. I wrapped my arms around her waist and held her against my body, my hand rested at the back of her head. I could feel her tears soak into my shirt as she softly sobbed into my shoulder, repeating, "Mianhe, Oppa. Jengmal mianhe.."

I held her against me, refusing to let her go. I then whispered, "You didn't do anything wrong, Monique-ah. Don't apologize for something that you haven't done. You aren't in the way, you will only make us better, arasso?" I pulled away so I could see her nod in response. "Forget what the manager said, he's just trying to get you to drop out of this, I know you can do it."

I hugged her tightly as she continued to sob into my shoulder. I knew how much it hurt to be told that you won't amount to anything when you wanted to follow your dream, that no one wanted you, I had to endure it a lot before debuting with Super Junior. I knew the pain and having the thoughts and knowledge about what if those people who told you those things were right?

It would get to you every now and then, cause in reality, those things happened- being denied of your dreams. But I knew Monique could make it in this world of fame- she's a strong and amazing dancer, choreographer and a kind person who'd be easy to get along with anyone or idol.

"You can do it, Monique-ah. Show them you can do it, prove them wrong and be strong." I could feel her nod into my shoulder.

"Neh, Oppa. Arasso." I smiled at her attempt of Korean. She had come a long way with her Korean since the first time we met on the plane when she could barely say "Hi."

I breathed into her hair, making sure she couldn't understand me.

"I love you..."