Chapter 1: It's Hopeless, I Say!

I'm Just a Dancer...Right?

Chapter 1: It's Helpless, I Say!

 

[Normal POV]

Her name was Monique, a young 17 year old girl who took charge of a dance class that was filled with dreamers of various ages to just meet the standards to take her class. Some being in their 20's, but still not being able to meet the charismatic and energetic moves that she was able to muster up at any given moment.

The boys wanted her, the girls wanted to be her and all the grown-ups wished she was their child or daughter-in-law. Monique knew she was a great dancer, but she never thought she was better than anyone else. She was kind, gentle and encouraging to everyone in her class and never chose a favorite.

She was a natural beauty who had a heart to match. But she hid a lot from her students. They thought of her as a teen-prodigy who had the perfect life, to have a life with no worries. But behind the smile, Monique had quite a difficult life.

Monique's parents had been killed in a car accident, social services had separated her and her brother and she was supporting herself all at the age of 16. It's an understatement to say she had to grow up a lot to become what she was today at 17.

Supporting herself on the little money she got from being a "prodigy" wasn't really one of luxury, but one of forming a budget and having to pay bills and rent as teens her age were out spending their parents money to go out and be with their friends.

Monique always dreamed of becoming a choreographer for a top-notch team, singer or actress, but it seemed to be hopeless to her since she was stuck in a slump that she couldn't get out of. She wasn't well known outside her small town, and it wasn't like there were any auditions or a high-demand for choreographers in California right now- she was just a freelance performer, a street show, compared to the real deal.

---------- ----------

Monique walked down the path to her worn-down apartment, thinking of dance moves and her body julting with her creative juices of popping and locking movements. She stepped into her lowly-furnished apartment and went through the pile of mail that awaited on her table.

A light blue envelope caught her attention that was addressed to her from a choreography industry in... South Korea?

She opened the envelope in curiosity to find a typed letter addressed to her:

Dear Monique K,

You, along with 49 other dancers, were individually chosen to audition and compete to become the new and permanent choreographer for Korea's famous boyband, Super Junior, and their subgroups! You will have 3days to get your tickets for South Korea and to sign in at the Seoul University SM Entertainment Dance Academy aproximately at 3pm, Wednesday. If you fail to make it at the designated time, your audition will be cancelled immediately. Bring all your necesities and contact us if you are to have any questions or concerns. Good Luck!

Sincerely,
SM Entertainment

Monique sat at her diningroom table, mouth wide open in disbelief and shock. Just a moment ago, she was wondering how she was even going to achieve her dream of becoming a choreographer- and all of a sudden, an entertainment industy handpicks her to become one out of 49 other people! It just seemed so unreal!

She held the letter in her hand and a smile found its way across her face as she laughed and started jumping up and down in excitement in her diningroom. 

Monique quickly dialed the number for her dance studio and talked to her manager, letting her know what opportunity she was given, the manager quickly agreed to Monique's leave of absence for an early vacation to follow her dream- which was odd since her manager tended to be cool and devilish soul, but Monique just looked past it.

She hung up her cell phone and squeezed her phone close to her chest and smiled after calling and buying the first ticket to Seoul, South Korea for the next day.

She may not have known who Super Junior was, or what their music sounded like, but she was more than willing to push that aside and let fate take its course.

Monique hopped into her bedroom, tripping over her own two feet and falling on knees as she just giggled- not even feeling the little drip of blood that ran down her leg- she was just too excited and bubbly to worry of such little things, even of tending to her clumbsy accidents.

She began packing her bags and downloading all of this "Super Junior's" music to get a feel for their music to meet her needs of becoming the choreographer she wanted to become for this "Super Junior!" She was more than ready for the challenge of what came next in her life as a dancer: the chance to audition for a famous group- even if she didn't know who they were.

 

---------- ---------- ---------- ----------

Author's Note: What do you think so far? :D Sorry it's so short >.< I promise my chapter won't be any shorter than this!

All comments are welcomed!(:

XOXO Monique XOXO