CHAPTER 6: LOST

MINE

She’s awake!  An indistinct voice roughly echoed on her ears. Her fingers lightly twitch then seconds later it became stronger like she’s imposing her listless body to go back into senses.

 

Miyoung, Miyoung, Miyoung!  The same voice cried out but this time it is getting clearer in each utterance and the tone is intense and desperate like it’s calling deeply into her. But she can hardly recognize it and her sluggish body don’t seem to listen also. Curious and puzzled of what is happening; Tiffany pushes herself into the limit and finally slowly opening her eyes again.

 

At last, she saw the owner of the voice. He is pressing his both hands together with hers and has eyes that are on brink of tears but then a smile also appeared on his face. Feeling hurt as she watches him, she extends her hand trying to wipe his tears when a dull throbbing pain strikes her head.  She goes back to her usual position and the thought of Seunghyun is pushed away of her mind when she realizes where she is. “What happened? Why am I in the hospital?”

 

“You were in an accident.”

 

“Accident?”

 

The doctor that was observing stepped in to the scene and took it from there. “Miss, can you please tell us your name and anything about you remember?”

 

“I’m…I’m Hwang Tiffany. I was born in the States but we moved here when I was in grade 3 then during my first year in high school my parents moved back to the States. My best friend is…”

 

Tiffany pauses and Seunghyun gulps as he nervously waits for his name thinking that she has forgotten him.

 

“Choi Seunghyun-oppa.”  She turns to look at him with a flicker of frail smile passed across her face, succeeding in teasing Seunghyun. He breathes out in relief. Then he felt his heart jumps which put a grin on his lips. “I thought you already forgot about me.”

 

“Ya!” She said in a weak tone, posing that it will never happen and then she closes back her eyes. “I’m already tired, let’s just continue this tomorrow.”

 

“Okay, it seems like you’re in good condition but we will still need to run some tests tomorrow.”  The doctor assured to her then left.

 

Tiffany easily went back to sleep after feeling tired of the short conversation while Seunghyun just stayed beside her then closes his eyes as well but now with more assurance that she’s fine. Since the accident, Seunghyun did not leave by her side. He immediately leave from work and brought all his things with him. There was never a day he did not stay and waited. He never loses his faith and hope. That’s why when he saw her little movement his heart instantly jumps into excitement and anticipation.

 

It was dawn when he rose up from the couch after he felt Tiffany was trying to sit. He assisted her and adjusted the bed to make it easier for her. Since she still has an injury to her right arm and a few fresh wounds it’s still hard for her to move freely.

 

“I feel like a burden.” She griped.

 

“Miyoung-ah, you don’t know how happy I am to know you’re safe. You think I will still have that thought? And promise me to not ever drive on your own again.”

 

“Fine, I learned my lesson. I won’t be late anymore.”

 

“Late of what?” Seunghyun got a bit puzzled since he thought she was driving fast out of anger.

 

“Of interview.” 

 

 Seunghyun is getting more confound with her replies as he tries to put everything together.

 

“Oppa, you’re getting forgetful! Isn’t it I told you I have an interview to the JK Fashion line. I bet you’re busy again.”

 

“Miyoung-ah, do you remember when did they call you for interview?”

 

“Wait…how long have I been sleeping?”

 

“A week.”

 

“Well, they called me last Monday. They told me to go on the next day but I got late because of preparing.” She pouted in disappointment while Seunghyun just left frozen in his place alarmed of her possible state.

 

Concerned, Seunghyun excused himself and goes out of the room. He went to the same doctor who evaluated her to state his worries. So to early detect her possible condition the doctor again asked her some questions.

 

“Can you tell me the last thing you remember?” The doctor asked to the puzzled Tiffany. Frightened and helpless like a little girl, she grabs Seunghyun’s arm.

 

“I’ll stay here, just answer your doctor.” He assured her as he held her hand to encourage her.

 

So Tiffany takes a pause to think. She tried to give the right and best answers that she could, believing that if she will everything will be fine. However, the doctor just keeps on asking and even requested for MRI.

 

After some time, the doctor came in the room again with the results. “I’m afraid this would happen.”

 

“Afraid of what? Tell me!” Tiffany asked impatiently.

 

“You are suffering from Selective Amnesia which you lose certain parts of your memory. In your case you forgot the things that happened to you for 3 years. It might because of psychological trauma. I’m sorry to say that it will also affect some of your abilities. But it can also be temporary.”

 

3 years.

She learned how to cook.

She was hired as a designer in JK fashion line.

She lost her Mom.

She was hurt because of Seunghyun.

She fell in love with Siwon.

Seunghyun went back to her life.

The incident in the company.

Siwon broke her heart.

The accident happened.

 

Those are just some of the highlights of what happened to her in the past months not mentioning the other two years and abilities she already forgot which she haven’t discover yet.

 

Questions formed into her head and became more impatient after learning her condition. She wants to know everything now that had happened in her life. Just like how fast she lost her memories she also wants to regain it quickly.  However, she didn’t move or even utter a single word. It was like a lump was formed on preventing her to talk. She only regains her thoughts when Seunghyun started to speak.

 

He reaches for her hand pressing it with his both warm hands. “Miyoung-ah…” He said in a calming tone. That’s only she needs. Someone who could appease her baffled head with a perfect deep voice.

 

Her clouded, teary eyes turn to him and pleaded. “Please say something good to me.”

 

Seunghyun takes a deep breath. He has this thought running through his mind after hearing what the doctor said. It is an idea that would help her and could make the Miyoung he knew years ago happy. However, it will also be unfair to the present Miyoung. But he already made up his mind and that is to save her from the misery that he and Siwon gave to her.

 

“I am…I am your fiancé.”


A/N:~yOng! Sorry for the late update... A pure TopFany chapter. No SooWon moments, please don't kill me...sorry, again. I'm really grateful and happy of the growing SooWon fans for this story but please understand that the main couple of this FF is TopFany and so they will have more moments, BUT since there are lot of SooWoon supporters I've decided to also give them a decent storyline. ^^

Anyway, thank you so much for reading! Hope you guys will subscribe (if you aren't yet) and upvote it too!

 

  

GOD BLESS!