Saved Again...

Love and Hate

***Kyung Mi’s point of view***

“Oh, come on! I do really want to know.” Kyu Hyun laughed at me. “I’m studying to be something along the lines of a mathematician”. My mouth dropped open. “So clever!” I hissed. “Well, so must you be to get into university. What are you studying?” I straightened up. “English.” He nodded at me. “Clever girl!” It was patronizing but I could see he was only trying to be friendly. “Where did you sleep last night, Oppa?” “What?” he asked looking up from his book. “If I was in your bed last night, where did you sleep?” Kyu Hyun shot a embarrassed look at an old lady that had overheard me. “I slept on the floor in my sleeping bag!” he replied spitefully. I smiled. “Thank you.” He stared at me confused. “What!?” He said again. “Did you really think I would try something on you!? He argued keeping his voice low. I bit my lip not knowing how to reply. – He laughed louder than necessary. “No offence, Honey, but you’re not really my type.” “Did I say I liked you!” I snarled at him. “You don’t need to say anything. He growled back. “You’re so full of yourself!” “You’re so easily annoyed!” “Idiot!” I moaned before getting up and walking away. Kyu Hyun watched as I did so. ‘What’s wrong with that girl?’ he chuckled to himself.

I spent my day off exploring the town. I probably wouldn’t have much chance to do so in the future will work and everything. So, I might as well do it while I can. I loved walking around shops. I was a real girly-girl when it came to shopping. I loved it! Anyway, once I’d spent most of my day out in the town, I decided it was about time I headed back with the few things that I had brought. It was winter so the darkness of night came as early as 4:30. Thought, it didn’t seem to bother me all that much. I was just about to walk up the stairs to my dorm when I felt someone grab my wrist. Scared and shocked I span around quickly to see who it was. And there holding my wrist was a man who couldn’t seem to stand up properly. I recognized him straight away. “Han Byeol?” I asked concerned. He looked up at me. “K-kyung Mi-ah. I’m so sorry.” I pushed him away from me. “You reek of alcohol! There’s no doubt that you’re drunk! I don’t want to have anything to do with you! Ok? We are O-VER!” I turned and went to walk up the stairs but he grabbed me again. This time by the hair. I screeched as he pulled me backwards and I fell to the floor. “No-one say ‘no’ to me!” He shouted angrily. I pulled myself back of the ground. “Well, I just did!” I screamed back into his face. Suddenly he raised his hand. He slapped me hard around the face. The force was so strong that I ended back on the floor again. All I could think of after that was the non-stop pain that was racing all around my body. Every kick and punch released a new pain into my body. But what could I do about it?

Eventually, I felt the attack come to a stop. But I could still hear him . I removed my hands from over my eyes to see Han Byeol on the floor and another man standing over him. “Sick bastard!” he yelled at Han Byeol. Then, he came over to me. Effortlessly he lifted me up in his arms. As I clenched to his chest I knew who was holding me. “Kyu Hyun?” I asked. “Be quiet!” he told me. As he walked past my door I moaned. “Unnie will be suspicious if I disappear two nights in a row!” “Don’t you think she’ll be suspicious if you return covered in blood, too?”