Only One Reason

Only One Reason

Kyu Hyun stared at the ground in despair. He wanted to cry, but he had no more tears. He cried out everything weeks ago. He tried not to remember why he had shed so many tears. Nevertheless, memories flooded back to him.

*flashback*

It was a warm autumn day. Kyu Hyun basked in the sunlight, playing his PSP intently. Suddenly he heard a voice, a sweet, cute voice. For the first time in the four hours he'd been sitting on the bench playing his little device, he glanced up to find the person with the sweet voice. When he found the voice he just stared. The voice belonged to a man, a bit older than him, but he looked just as young. Fortunately, the song the sweet boy sang was one Kyu Hyun knew. He walked closer, harmonizing with the other male. He finally stopped singing when Kyu Hyun was close enough to touch him. The boy glared at him and was about to leave when Kyu Hyun grabbed his wrist and yanked him back on impulse, not wanting this moment with this perfect boy to end.

"I'm Kyu Hyun," Kyu Hyun said slyly.

"S-Sung Min," the other boy said shyly.

Kyu Hyun smiled and wrote his phone number on Sung Min's hand. "I like you," he said frankly. "Let's be friends."

Sung Min just blushed and shrugged. The two bonded over a span of weeks by playing video games and having a common passion for music. Then Kyu Hyun became suddenly possessive of Sung Min. It got to the point where Kyu Hyun didn't even like it when Dong Hae, Sung Min's cousin, hugged him. Sung Min pulled Kyu Hyun aside one day and asked, "What the hell is wrong with you, Kyu? Why are you acting so possessive?"

Kyu Hyun's only answer was to take Sung Min's hands into his, playing with the small, slender fingers, holding them to his lips lightly. Sung Min felt a bit lightheaded at the loving touch. "You're mine, Minnie," Kyu Hyun whispered. "I love you."

Sung Min's face flushed red and grew hot. "K-Kyu..." Kyu Hyun silenced him by pressing his lips lightly to Sung Min's.

"Mine, arasso?" Kyu Hyun asked.

Sung Min only nodded weakly as Kyu Hyun pulled Sung Min into a tight hug.

They officially became a couple and not many were surprised. One day, on the day of their three year anniversary, Kyu Hyun told Sung Min to come out to the cafe that Dong Hae and Eun Hyuk owned with Kang In and Lee Teuk. Kang In was Lee Teuk's husband. Lee Teuk was the actual owner of the cafe. Dong Hae was Lee Teuk's nephew. Eun Hyuk was Dong Hae's boyfriend.

The entire cafe was rented out for the day for Kyu Hyun's anniversary. He was so excited that he waited outside for Minnie to come. And he saw it happen.

It looked like in slow motion. Kyu Hyun gazed at Sung Min's shining and bright face. Suddenly Kyu Hyun was screaming at the side of a beat up car. Dong Hae buried his face into Eun Hyuk's shoulder as Eun Hyuk placed a hand over his mouth, his eyes wide in shock. Kang In already had his cellphone out to call an ambulance. Lee Teuk was comforting Dong Hae with Eun Hyuk, sadly watching the tormented Kyu Hyun huddling over Sung Min's bloody body. Almost before the ambulance arrived, Lee Teuk had to restrain Kyu Hyun from beating up the driver who had hit Sung Min, cursing and screaming the man.

Sung Min was rushed to the hospital. He was admitted into the ER and Kyu Hyun had to wait outside patiently. Too bad Kyu Hyun didn't know what patience was. Sung Min's parents came to see how their son was fairing. Sung Min's mother arrived with her husband's arm draped around her comfortingly and a handkerchief pressed to her face, quiet sobs emitting from her lips.

When she saw Kyu Hyun she doubled over in tears. She held Kyu Hyun's hands in hers, crying into his chest. She loved Kyu Hyun like her second son. She knew he was Sung Min's lover and they accepted him into the family. Kyu Hyun shed tears with Sung Min's parents, trying to comfort each other.

After about two weeks, the doctors proclaimed Sung Min to be dead. Sung Min's parents let Kyu Hyun live with them during those two weeks of waiting for Sung Min's condition. Kyu Hyun disappeared the night he found out Sung Min was dead. Sung Min's mother and father searched high and low for Kyu Hyun, asking help from Lee Teuk and the others.

Dong Hae and Eun Hyuk found him at the park where Kyu Hyun and Sung Min had first met. Bottles of beer were thrown carelessly beside the figure laying on the bench, a half drunken bottle still in the clutches of the figure.

Dong Hae said that he'd found Kyu Hyun with red, puffy eyes from crying and a glazed over look from grief. When Sung Min's parents were reunited with Kyu Hyun, Sung Min's mother hugged him tightly and kissed him on the cheeks. "Don't ever leave like that again, Kyu!" she screamed. "We already lost Sung Min. We can't lose you too. If we did, Sung Min would've never forgiven us."

Kyu Hyun only nodded bleakly and walked into his room. A short, shrill squeal emitted from Sung Min's mother at the sight of Kyu Hyun being so devastated at Sung Min's death. He was as lifeless as they were. He was as bright as the color black. His eyes had no spark in them, no motivation to live. He was so destroyed that he wouldn't even look at his gaming systems. Nothing anyone did cheered him up. And whenever Sung Min was brought up, he run off and cry.

*end flashback*

Kyu Hyun gazed blankly at the blade in his hands. He'd sharpened it four times now tonight, and another ten throughout the week. He pressed the blade against his skin. A thin red line appeared. Suddenly a hand stopped him, a soft, pale hand. Kyu Hyun looked at the person who possessed the hand. He squealed, tears coming to the brim of his eyes. "Sung... Min...?" he whispered.

Sung Min only touched Kyu Hyun's cheek and kissed his lips sadly. "Don't do that ever again, Cho Kyu Hyun!" he yelled. "Stay with my parents and be happy. Our love goes beyond death. You know that. I'll be waiting, Kyu Hyun. I love you."

Sung Min then left, his touch lingering on Kyu Hyun's hands and lips. That was the last touch from Sung Min he would be getting until he died. For Minnie, Kyu Hyun thought, that's the only one reason why I will stay on this earth without him. And Kyu Hyun did. When his day of death came, the first person he was greeted by into the blinding light of death was Sung Min.