Chapter 4

The New Boy

Holding Junhongs hand, Sarah ran down the stairs. They made it to the elevator and Junhong pressed the button vigorously until it opened. They laughed as the doors opened and they ran inside. Junhong pressed the button for the bottom floor and watched the doors closed. He ran his fingers through his hair, and squeezed Sarah's hand, which was tightly holding onto his. He looked at her, grabbed the back of her head, ran his fingers through her hair and kissed her, "thank you," Junhong said, he smiled at her and ran his thumb across her cheek.

The elevator doors opened and they walked out, quickening their pace with each step until they were both in a swift jog. Junhong waved to the security guy and the doors opened, and they ran out of the museum, and made their way back to school.

They reached campus and tried to figure out a way to get in. Junhong crouched down beside the wall so they wouldnt be seen, yanking Sarah's arm down, forcing her to do the same, he whipped out his phone and started moving his fingers rapidly across the screen. "I don't really think this is the right time to be texting," Sarah complained, looking around worriedly. Junhong laughed, and sent the message, "ya. Jagiya, don't you trust me?" Moments after the text was sent they heard a crash, Junhong peeked over the wall and looked through the fence, the security guards surrounded the storage room by the soccer field, someone had thrown a rock through the window. They heard the bell ring and figured it was their chance, they stood up and ran around to the front gate, now closed, and hopped over it. They ran into the school building, which was now full with kids, who were moving to their next class, bustling around the hallways not paying any attention to the students who just came back from playing hookie.

Sarah's next class was independent study in the library, that meant it was Junhongs next class as well. He reached into his pocket, pulled out a wrapped lollipop, took the wrapper off and stuck it in his mouth, stuck his hands in his pocket, looked down to his left at Sarah, and motioned his head in a beckoning manner.

They walked across campus to the schools library. They smiled at the woman at the desk and took a seat in the back corner, at a table away from everyone else. Sarah pulled out a notebook from her backpack and began to work on math.

"Yah.. Sarang-ah, are you actually doing work right now?" Junhong teased. Sarah glared at him before looking down at her work, "Well, what else am i supposed to do? You're not doing anything to entertain me..." She stuck her tongue out at him.

His eyes widened, "Ya... what did you have in mind?" She laughs, "Go buy me something to eat." He doesn't say anything, he just stares at her, and she stares right back, "Yah... Junhong-ah, what are you waiting for?" He gets up, puts his hands in his pockets, and walks away, she laughs and sits back, content with all that had happened that day. She decided to get up and follow him, locking her arm with his when she caught up, not saying anything, just walking with him to the cafeteria.