chapter 1

The New Boy

Sarah didnt hear her alarm clock go off, instead she heard a voice, her mothers, "LEE SARANG IF YOU DONT GET UP RIGHT NOW I AM GOING TO-" Sarah sat up before her mother could finish the sentence, "ya! omma! i'm awake what time is it anyways?" her mother did not say anything and instead crossed her arms, and left Sarah's room. Sarah rubbed her eyes and waited for them to focus on her alarm clock, which in that moment, she remembered she forgot to set the night before. she blinked a couple times trying to force her eyes to focus so she could see the time, and when they did she jumped out of the bed faster than the time she thought her pet snake was in her bed. the clock read 7:55, five minutes until the bus down the street arrived to pick her up. she thought the task was impossible, but was always up for a challenge. she jumped out of bed, grabbed her red and grey plaid school uniform and ran to the bathroom.

She swung open her drawer, pulled out her hair brush and attempted to brush her hair while also grabbing her tooth brush, running it under water, and brushing her teeth. after somewhat accomplishing both at the same time, she practically ripped off her jammies and stepped into her uniform. 4 minutes to go. 

She ran to her desk in her room and stuffed all of her supplies, her school books, notebooks, and pens and pencils, into her backpack and stuck her right arm through the strap and shifted her body to get the backpack on. she looked in the mirror and cringed, "this is as good as it's gonna get," she thought outloud. she pulled all of her hair onto one side and looked at her clock: 3 minutes to go

Sarah ran to the kitchen, grabbed a bottle of milk and 3 of the rolls her mom had just pulled out of the oven. lightly touching the hot rolls, she placed them in a napkin and kissed the back of her mom's head, "bye mom i'll see you after tutoring okay? i love you!" she ran to the door, opened it and ran down the street. the school's bus stop was 3 blocks away. She glided in between people and avoided the scooters that were cruising down the sidewalk. Sarah saw the bus stop in the distance, it looked miles away, she quickened her pace only to see the bus rush past her out of the corner of her eye, on it's way to the bus stop. Sarah broke out into a sprint, racing past people, hitting people's shoulders as she rushed to get to her bus. she ran across the last crosswalk before the bus stop, staring straight at the bus, watching it taking passengers and close it's doors. she didnt look before she crossed and heard a car beep, it stopped inches away from her leg, and the driver leaned on his horn. Sarah slightly bent over and hit the hood of the car, which she now realized was a really slick BMW, with her hand, "YA WATCH IT!" she looked at the driver and saw a young guy. he was wearing her school's uniform and had his hair pulled over to the side. she looked at his eyes, then his lips, saw his smirk, and quickly moved her eyes down, looking at his collar bones that were peeking out from behind his white tee shirt he was wearing under his school uniform jacket. 

Sarah found him really attractive, but didnt let that cloud her judgement, the boy did almost hit her. she noticed the boy smirking at her and looked down to see what he was looking at. her s had fallen forward and her cleavage was more than noticeable. she looked at him, flared her nostrils and flipped him off. she looked to her left and saw the bus taking off. she turned around, her skirt whipping so fast her underwear showed, and ran in the street after the bus. she lifted her arms higher each time she moved them while running, she sprinted after the bus without dropping her milk or her rolls in the napkin. she slowed down though, fatigue enveloping her entire body. 

she slowed to a stop and bent over and put her wrists on her knees, careful not to drop the things she was holding. she heard a familiar car horn and straightened up and turned around, the BMW was behind her, along with a long line of traffic. she looked at the driver of the car that almost hit her for a second time, his window was down and his hair blowing. he looked at her with a straight face, and beckoned for her to get into the car.

Sarah looked around for an alternative, but was in the middle of three lanes and her other choices were to get hit by other cars. she closed her eyes, sighed and walked towards the car. She heard other car horns and felt pressured to get out of the way. she placed her milk inbewteen her arm and her chest and opened the door. she sat down, placed her milk in the cupholder, and put her seatbelt on. she didn't look at the driver, and instead heard the cap of her milk pop. she looked over to see him drinking her milk. she grabbed it out of his hand while it was still in his mouth, "HEY THATS MINE," she yelled as some of it spilled on his shirt. the milk spread down the front of his v-neck sticking to his skin, which had the same texture and color of the milk that was now stuck onto it. ". look at what you did!" she heard the boy's voice for the first time. she didnt answer, her attention was solely on his perfect bone structure. she stared at his long collarbones, and traced the way they met his broad shoulders with her eyes. she shook her head a tiny bit and blinked a couple times, "oh sorry. i didn't mean to, but you shouldn't drink other people's milk without asking," she said. he looked at her, shook his head and tried to hide the smile he was getting on his face as she drank the rest of the milk without wiping off the mouth or anything. she unwrapped the napkin and looked at her somewhat squished rolls. she looked at the boy, his eyes on the road, his jaw line sharp enough to cut the rolls in her hands. she picked up the one that seemed least squished, "here. thanks for not hitting me," she offered, he looked at it. he thought the gesture was cute. "thanks, but i cant really grab it, i have to drive with both my hands, could you feed it to me?" he smirked. 

she knew he was playing around but didn't say anything, instead she ripped off a piece and stuck it in front of his face, inches away from his mouth, making him strain to get it. every time he got his mouth closer to the piece of bread she moved her arm. she did this about 3 times and the boy got tired of it. he took his right hand off the wheel grabbed her wrist and stuck her fingers in his mouth. she felt his tongue glide over her fingers and take the bread out from between them. he looked at her and slowly pulled her fingers out from his mouth, winking at her. she didnt move, she just looked at him, "you know i picked my with those fingers," she joked, staring at the disgusted face he made. she smiled and broke off another piece of bread and held it out to the boy, who this time just opened his mouth anticipating sarah, who just plopped it in. she began to grow curious however, "who are you?" she wondered outloud. he finished chewing and swallowed, " I'm Choi Junhong, but everyone calls me Zelo. what about you, jagiya?" he smiled and opened his mouth asking for another piece, she abliged by taking the one out of and sticking it in his, his face cringed but he swallowed it. "I'm Lee Sarang, but i go by Sarah, my english name." she put the rest of the roll, which was more than half into and continued talking, "sho... way ah u prom?" Junhong chuckled, "i'm from Seoul, and judging by your appearance, so are you." she didn't know what that meant, and didnt think on it. the car made a turn into a parking lot and came to a stop as Junhong pulled into a spot.

Sarah swallowed what was left of the roll and gathered her stuff. Junhong got out of the car and crossed over to the passenger's side. Sarah took the empty milk bottle, shoved it into her backpack and rolled her other left over roll up in the napkin again. Junhong opened the door for her, and offered his hand to help her get out, "hey... sorry i almost hit you." he apologized, and closed the door as Sarah got out of the car. he put his hand on her shoulder and pushed her up against the car, leaning his pelvis against hers. he was tall, like 6'3 from what Sarah could tell. Junhong whispered in her ear, "meet me for lunch. i'd like to really hit you sometime, if that's okay with you." he moved his hed back to look at her face, that was centimeters away from his. she looked at him with confidence, "oh would you? well, i'm not one of those girls so, while i'm flattered we're better off going our separate ways." she smiled politely, pushed Junhong off of her, bowed slightly and walked away, putting her backpack on. 

Junhong leaned one hand on his car and was confused beyond belief. he had used all the moves that, on any other girl, would've had them swooning. he realized that Sarah was different and had to get her. he smiled and touched his shoulder where Sarah had pushed him, locked his car, and went to the front office to do everything in his power to get put in all the same classes as her. he was determined to get her to like him. 

Sarah's heart fluttered. she knew she had done the right thing, but really was starting to regret just not being one of thos easy girls. she thought Junhong was hot and he obviously felt the same way, but she thought personalities mattered more. she could tell he was sweet somewhere deep down, but thought she'd never be able to see it now that she had rejected him. she walked away unfolding the napkin the last roll was in, and took a bite, as she reached into the pocket in her backpack to get out her class schedule. Homeroom class 2-2, it was on the second floor. she took a bite out of her roll as she turned the corner and lifted her foot onto the first step of the stairs, officially marking the start to another school year.