1-0

Write me like this

1.




China seems like a good place to start over, Ryeowook decides. There's no one there who knows him, no Kyuhyun, no Hyungsik, only the promise of someone new, something else, something that could possibly be better, if anything better exists.

i'm picking up my heart, Ryeowook texts Kyuhyun later, and throws away his phone when Kyuhyun says, i won't miss you even if Ryeowook knows what he really means is good luck with that.

He doesn't bother telling Hyungsik. He can't afford to back out at the last minute if he hears Hyungsik say,don't, because it's Hyungsik's words that get to him the most, it's his voice that always makes him reconsider.




0.




The first time Hyungsik takes him to their new apartment, Ryeowook is a little unsure and afraid of the idea of intruding in someone else's life, sharing space with someone he loves best, showing little imperfections, habits that would bother him, perhaps, and Ryeowook needs everything to be perfect.

"It'll be fine," Hyungsik assures him, "we'll be okay, I promise."

"Hyungsik," Ryeowook whispers, fingers curling around Hyungsik's wrist, and Hyungsik presses a kiss to his neck, lingering.

Welcome home.

 

--------------