First Morning

First Morning

You gasp.

I really made it, you think. It’s real.

A protruding smile crawls onto the corners of your dry lips. You pinch your left cheek and inwardly swoon when you confirm that you aren’t wandering in a sweet, sweet delusion of the subconscious. You’re fully awake, and this is real.

Do Kyungsoo really is lying next to you.

You take a short moment to relish in his ever so gentle expression. It was as placid and as serene as when you first laid eyes on him just a year ago. His handsome composure and demeanour enthralled you, tugging at your heartstrings uncontrollably and even more so when he spoke.

“Hi, I’m Kyungsoo” were the first words he produced that automatically sealed the deal. His voice, as thick and smooth as velvet, vibrated from his vocal chords and flowed gracefully into your senses. It was heavily electrifying. You had him captivate your whole being with full assent, and not once did you hold back. One date after another, you fell harder and deeper as both of you established enchanting memories and keepsakes that will forever linger on the walls of your subliminal mind.

You fell so intensely in love with this wonderful boy, and as time moved on, Kyungsoo had gradually become the very air that you breathed.

So yesterday, you married him.

And last night, you more than willingly gave yourself to him, and he to you.

You blush at the very thought and stifle a cough that is building up in your throat as you reminisce. You don’t wish to wake him from his slumber just yet. You want more time to yourself so you can peacefully stare at this beautiful creature that is now yours.

But you think you fail as his breathing hitches and an audible sigh escapes his orifice. Your heartrate escalates and you hold your breath because snapshots of last night now go through your mind, causing you to feel a little bit heady. His overpowering but heavensent smell, his touch, his perfectly tousled brown hair, his hands and the way they felt on-

“Hi.”

Your wandering thoughts are interrupted, because your husband is now awake.

Kyungsoo blinks at you, batting his droopy eyelids as he yawns. He whimpers slightly, emitting an adorable snivel like that of an infant. You meet his eyes, and you melt a little inside, and you fight the urge to reach out and squeeze his cheeks. You giggle. He cracks a crooked smile, almost smirking, and you tell yourself to keep calm and collected. It’s hardly possible, but you make an effort to hold yourself back from smothering him with adorned kisses.

“Goodmorning to you,” you say instead, and return the favour by flashing him an innocent grin.

“And goodmorning to you,” he replies with a throaty tone that was more than enough to bombard you with ecstasy. Kyungsoo retains the smile emblazoned on his morning face as he reaches to your side and places one arm around your waist. He breathes in deep before he pulls you towards him so your faces are now less than an inch away from any contact with each other. Your body temperature is rising, but you weren’t about to complain.

You stay that way for a few minutes, neither one of you uttering a word. You are both communicating through eye contact and stolen smiles in the midst of a fragile silence. He tightens his grip around your waist and starts to draw circles on your silk gown, his fingers feeling your nearly bare skin. Waves of weird sensations rose up along your spine, causing you to close your eyes and inhale the sudden bliss in the hope that it would last just a little bit longer. You open your eyes and catch Kyungsoo really smirking now; he’s enjoying it.

And undoubtedly you were, too.

But then, grumble, his stomach went.

You laugh.

He laughs.

The silence is broken, but is replaced by tittering and chuckling.

“Someone’s hungry,” you roll your eyes at him. Your mind suddenly drifts to the mini kitchen in the hotel room and you think of what you can prepare for breakfast. But you are distracted as he closes the little gap remaining between the two of you and lightly kisses the tip of your nose. You wrinkle it, and he moans in protest.

Because he likes it.

No, he loves it.

A lot.

“Stop teasing,” he sighs.

“Only if you do,” you laugh. “What do you want for breakfast?”

“You.”

You roll your eyes at him again for being so cheesy. You break free from his hold and start rolling over the bed, turning your back towards him so you can get up and make some food. But your wrist is caught and in a swift manner, he pulls you back – this time, caging you against his body in a back hug.

“I need to make breakfast,” you start to say, but are quickly silenced when he plants a supple kiss on the nape of your neck.

He does it again.

And again.

And…

Oh.

Again.

In response, you take his hand that is resting on your belly and intertwined your fingers with his. Kyungsoo complies and secures his grip tightly. He lifts his leg up and wraps it around your lower body, so now all space in between the two of you are concealed. You have never felt this close to him before – not even last night – and you get slightly emotional when you realise that letting go is optional. It is now up to both of you.

He moans out your name.

And you weaken.

“Mmm?” you ask, as he uses his thumb to rub your fingers.

“Best breakfast ever,” he chuckles and nuzzles your hair. He inhales because he loves the way your hair smells in the morning. You close your eyes and draw in the beauty of the moment.

“Turn around,” he asks you. You shuffle over and adjust your body – still caught under his thigh and leg – and you face him. This time, your face is parallel to his chest, and aftershave and vanilla whiff travel into your nostrils. He cups your chin and tilts it upwards. His eyes smile cordially and you return the favour.

You are so madly in love with him.

He leans down and pecks your forehead with hungry lips. Frenzied butterflies emerge from the pit of your stomach.

“That’s for our first trip together,” he mumbles. Kyungsoo goes on to kiss your left cheek, “for baby number one,” the right cheek, “for baby number two,” again the tip of your petite nose, “for our first family outing…”

And before he could beat you to it, you push yourself up and crash your lips onto his. You realise you startled Kyungsoo, but this drives you to the edge even more. He kisses back, you kiss him back, and soon you find your tongue venturing off into his orifice. Heat rises up your body, your pulse throbbing violently in rhythm with his escalating heartbeat. You hurl your arms around his neck and pull him even closer. The kiss turns deeper, hotter – a pandemonium of wrestling and hungry tongues. You are drowning in rapture, and you might faint if you don’t break away sooner.

Kyungsoo pants with you, and you are satisfied. You bury your head on his chest to listen to his pounding heart and you think you may have found your new favourite music genre.

“I love you,” Kyungsoo says, your hair. You are happy, because you made the choice to spend the rest of your life with this wonderful man.

“And I love you,” you whisper to his chest.

And then you meet his lips again, this time less hungry, but equally passionate.

That is for your first morning together, and for many more to come.