Nurse Kim Kibum (MinKey; OnKey; TaeKey)

Hospital!AU Drabbles

 

"I can't find my underwear."

Jonghyun slammed his locker door closed. "What? How do people even lose their underwear? Did you take them off before making rounds?" Jinki choked on his own saliva at Jonghyun's comment but he dared not cut in.



Kibum gave Jonghyun the stare, which made the good doctor shut up. Sighing, he sat down on the bench. "I wear undies under my pants today, thank you. The one I'm looking for is the one I stash here so I can change in case I'm going out on a date."


"You change undies for dates?" Jonghyun found the idea hilarious and didn't hide his reaction as he slapped a hand on his knee and laughed. "Why? Do you have to have neon pink boxers for a date or something?"

Jinki grinned despite trying too hard to be indifferent. "They're actually orange," he quipped, his voice muffled for he hid his head inside his locker as he spoke.

"What?!"

"I can't believe you don't remember, didn't we date?" Kibum asked Jonghyun. "Oh wait, never mind. I forgot we just dated inside hospital premises so I never got to wear my lucky underwear."

"What?!"

"If you say what one more time..." Kibum threw Jonghyun a warning glare before turning to Jinki. "You don't have them, do you?"

Jinki's bag fell on his feet and Jonghyun stared at him. "I don't believe thi--"

"No, I do not!" Jinki said, both hands raised as he defended himself while hopping on one foot. "Why would I have them, it's not like we're still roommates or something!"

Kibum rolled his eyes. "I meant in your locker. Sometimes I just haphazardly throw things in lockers and I used to forget that we don't share lockers anymore so."

As Jinki peered back into his locker, Jonghyun eyed Kibum warily. "You shouldn't even have a locker here. These are for doctors."

The nurse flipped his fringe with a flair. "That good doctor over there gave me one because he can't take it when I fill his with my stuff."

"Oh," Jinki said, pulling his head out of the locker. "It's not orange, but..." He hoisted on his finger a black, lacy bikini.

Jonghyun's mouth fell open. "...What the is going on?" The blush on his cheeks probably told more than he dared say.

Kibum shook his head. "No, they're not mine. They're also probably not Jjong's, from the look on his face. I don't know where you got them."

"Oh..." Jinki said again before stuffing the in his pocket. "The other nurses seemed to have found out my locker combination."

"Lies," Kibum said, eyes rolling.

"Why are you putting those in your pocket?" Jonghyun asked, almost panicky.

Jinki shrugged. "I'm going to look for the owner?" He shrugged as the other two blinked at him. "I'm gonna stop by the nurses' station and ask them if any of them are missing ."

"Good lord," Jonghyun wailed, leaning his head against a locker.

Jinki grinned. "I'm a gynecologist. They shouldn't probably feel I'm ually harassing them."

Jonghyun made a face. "I'm going to be a psychiatrist and I know they will feel you're either ually harassing them or flirting with them."

"I thought you wanted to be a cardiologist so you'll be closer to people's hearts," Jinki quietly said.

"....Did I really say something that cheesy?"

"I don't care about any of you but please help me look for my undies!"

The door suddenly flew open and the most popular pediatrician in the city walked in. But instead of the usual angelic, no-bad-deed-has-ever-been-done-by-this-k

id smile, Taemin was frowning, brows furrowed and eyes dark as he turned to Kibum. "Kibum-hyung," he testily said.

Kibum stopped rummaging through Jinki's bag. "Taemin-ah, what do you want?"

Taemin's face was cloudy with hints of thunderbolts shooting from his eyes. His arms were crossed over his chest, but he moved them so he could grab a familiar-looking thing from his coat pocket.

"Oh..." Jinki muttered before moving somewhere behind in case Taemin's thunderbolts reach him.

"Where did you find them?!" Kibum wailed, reaching for the bright orange piece of cloth (very little piece of cloth, if Jonghyun might comment) in Taemin's hand. But before he could grab it, Taemin had already whisked it out of the way.

"Are you and Minho-hyung dating?" Taemin asked with a hurtful note. His previous dark look was replaced with a kicked puppy one, lips curling to a pout and eyes accusing.

Kibum's eyebrows rose. "What? No! Why would I date that man?!"

"But, but..." Taemin raised Kibum's orange possession once more. "I found this in Minho-hyung's bedroom! Draped over the desk lamp!" His brows furrowed again. "Are you sleeping with Minho-hyung when I'm out of the house?!"

Kibum looked surprised, then confused, then annoyed. Sighing, he threw up his hands. "Look, I'm not dating anyone, except maybe I slept at Jinki's apartment last week and things got a bit..."

Jonghyun shot a glare at Jinki, who slunk back behind the lockers.

"...but I haven't even eaten dinner with Minho, okay?" Kibum finished, hands settled on his waist. "Now I have to get an explanation from him. Give those back."

"No," came Taemin's curt reply.

"What? Taemin come on, I don't have all day."

Taemin raised his chin in the air and twirled the orange underwear on a finger. "Buy a new one. I found it so it's mine." And with that, he pocketed the thong and walked away.

"I swear nothing happened that night, Kibum," Jinki suddenly said from the far corner of the room. "We just slept, so don't make things worse for me!"

Kibum sighed and got up. "I'm going to talk to that neurologist. He's getting on my nerves."

"Nice joke..." Jinki cleared his throat when Kibum gave him an exasperated look. Without another word, Kibum whirled around and left, probably making his way towards the neurology department.

Jinki stared at the open door for a bit before turning to Jonghyun. "I swear, Jonghyunnie...don't be shocked, I..."

Jonghyun raised a hand to silence Jinki and shook his head. "I'm not shocked. This is Kibum we're talking about anyway." He picked up his bag and handed Jinki his. "I'm just really wondering about something."

"What is it?" Jinki asked as they walked out of the locker room.

Jonghyun was thoughtful for a while. "How can you guys pocket that easily, is that a doctor thing or no one just judges you as a ert even though that lace is sticking out of your pocket or..."

"What..."

"I mean, is there a trick to it or something? Can I pull it off, too?"

Jinki blinked at Jonghyun and slowly, patted his shoulder. "Jonghyunnie."

"Yeah?"

"Don't be a psychiatrist."




---



"This is an invasion of my privacy!"

"Sit down, Kibum. My patients can hear you outside."

Kibum sat down, but he was still agitated. He fumed for a bit before continuing. "How will you explain to me why you snooped into my locker, grabbed my underwear and used it as some decoration for a lamp?!"

Minho heaved a long sigh and rested his elbows on the desk, fingers interlaced. "Who told you?"

"Taemin."

"I guess it works then," Minho said, nodding, before reaching a hand up to loosen his tie. Kibum mentally scolded himself for following the hand and ogling at the man's neck. "I guess Taemin wouldn't bother you again, right?"

Kibum frowned. "What do you mean?"

Minho closed the file on his desk and drummed his fingers on the desk while Kibum was asking himself why he even noticed such tiny details. "Wasn't he bothering you with ual advances every time you meet?"

"Not ual all the time, Taemin's just a kid. But...yeah we dated so he's kinda clingy."

"Well, aren't you glad he won't be clinging to you again?"

"Why is that?"

Minho leaned back and gave Kibum a dazzling smile. "Because I told him you're already with me so he should off."

Kibum stared blankly at the neurologist. "W...what?"

"I told him we're pretty intimate now and he's acting like a kid so he should just let go because you've forgotten all about him and are actually head over heels with me."

"Why would you lie like that?!" Kibum hissed as he stood up, hands slamming on Minho's desk to face the other man. "We're not even dating!"

"I told you," Minho said as he absently twirled a pen on his fingers. "We're going to start dating pretty soon. I'm just a bit of a forward thinker."

"Aren't you optimistic?" Kibum huffed, hands going once more on his hips. "What makes you think I'll even go out with you?"

"What makes you think you won't?"

Rolling his eyes, the nurse scoffed. "Because you're an and I hate you?"

"I'm sure that can be fixed." Minho was smiling confidently and it was making Kibum waver his stare.

"Are you issuing a challenge?" he testily said, slightly cross that Minho was making him blush even though they should hate each other.

Minho laughed for a while, eyes crinkling and mouth wide open as he leaned on the table. Then suddenly, as if he wasn't laughing a split second ago, he turned seriously towards Kibum. "I don't lose, Kibum."

Kibum raised an eyebrow before giving the doctor a smirk. "Well, I'm sorry to disappoint you."

"How come you're being this hard to get when you've already slept with every other guy in this hospital?"

"Excuse me?!" Kibum shrilly exclaimed. "I don't just date anyone! Anyone includes you."

Minho shrugged, then reopened the file on his desk. "Whatever, I'll still tell Taemin we're dating."

"Why are you doing this?"

Minho looked up, blinking in confusion. "What?"

"This..." Kibum sighed. "This torture! Why are you annoying me like this?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Minho said before pressing the intercom asking for his assistant to bring the next patient in.

Kibum fumed silently at the side for a bit before stomping out of the room. The nerve of that guy (pun not intended) to annoy him! He'd never ever ever ever ever date that bastard--even if his eyes were large and really attractive and the long hair over his nape was inviting to touch and his fingers were long and steady and...

Kibum shook his head, he'll definitely not end up falling for that guy!

As he turned to a corner, he found a few people crowding around a corkboard near the nurses' station. As he passed and craned his neck to see, he found a pair of black, lacy pinned to the board with a note from Jinki.


Hi, is this yours? Please do claim it as it has been mistakenly placed in my locker. You wouldn't want to have a black bra without a partner, right? So please take it home. Thank you! - Dr. JL



"God, how can they just display underwear like that?" Kibum loudly thought before remembering something about someone who tended to get ideas from Jinki at the worst possible timing.

Breaking into a sprint despite the angry looks of other nurses, Kibum made a dash towards the pediatric ward.