Dr. Lee Taemin (MinKey)

Hospital!AU Drabbles

 

 

“Are you sleeping with him?”

There was a gasp somewhere in the room (probably a nurse) and one of the technicians accidentally pressed a button, shifting the monitor to another view of the scan.

Minho stopped studying the MRI scans for a moment and sighed. They were currently in the scan room where Minho was assessing a little boy’s brain’s condition to decide if he should get an operation or not. There were a couple of nurses and technicians with them to assist them with the patient. This was a place where everyone should be concentrating because someone’s life was in their hands.

Of course, Taemin chose this time and place as the perfect venue to interrogate Minho.



“Sometimes I read him bedtime stories until his head stops aching or until he sleeps,” Minho said, pointing at something on the screen to be magnified.

Taemin took a moment to digest what Minho said before he got the idea. “I didn’t mean the boy,” he hissed. “You know who I mean!”

Minho sighed as he turned to look at Taemin’s scrunched up face. He should advise Taemin to stop frowning like that lest the nurse noonas fall at his feet, but Minho decided against it and instead stepped aside to grab a file from the side table. “If you meant Head Nurse Kim yes. Sometimes he takes a nap in my office because it’s near and I can’t have him fainting because of fatigue.”

“I’m not asking about his naps, Hyung!”

Minho shrugged, ignoring the pointed looks they were receiving. One of the nurses excused herself so she could attend to the patient in the next room. “Well, you should be more specific, Dr. Lee.”

“Have you ed?!”

Minho bit the inside of his cheek as one of the technicians fell to the floor. Everyone decided to excuse themselves and left, leaving Minho eyeing Taemin with a curious and almost annoyed look. “Why do you care?”

“I want to know if I still have a chance with Kibum,” Taemin said, a bit too honestly. He grinned, and if Minho was really into young ambitious doctors, he would’ve been attracted to the seemingly innocent man. “Since you haven’t done it, I still have a chance because we alr—”

“That’s Kibum-hyung for you. And he doesn’t like you anymore.”

Taemin’s face suddenly turned red, it contrasted perfectly with his white doctor suit. His lips upturned into a pout, and Minho knew the game was on. “W-what. That’s not true!” Taemin placed his hands on his waist. “I’ll just charm him like usual. He likes me a lot so I just need to push him a bit! You’ll see!”

Minho hummed at Taemin’s laugh. “Hmm, okay.”

“What?!” Taemin had totally forgotten about his patient, but so did Minho.

“What is your shift today?” Minho suddenly asked.

Taemin blinked for a bit before answering. “Uh, I’m here until the rounds at 3 am.” He counted the hours on his fingers. “Why do you ask?”

Smiling, Minho pulled off his phone and started walking out into the hallway. “That’s nice. Don’t go home okay?” He started pressing keys on his phone and placing it on his ear.

“W-w-what do you mean?”

Minho ignored him. “Yeah it’s me. Are you free tonight?”

“What are you doing?” Taemin screeched from beside him, jumping up and down to grab Minho’s phone. “Are you calling Kibum-hyung?!”

Minho hid a smile as he slid away from Taemin’s grasp while talking on the phone. “Oh yeah? Sounds good. I’ll pick you up later after your shift.” He hung up and gave Taemin a triumphant smile.

“What have you done?” Taemin asked, expression murderous.

Minho scratched the back of his neck as he walked back into the MRI room. “Granting your wish.” He stepped into the room and closed the door, leaving Taemin, open-mouthed in shock, outside.