Part 1

Goodbye

 

1st September 2003
I saw you today. It was my second day at my new school. How did I not see you yesterday? You're so cute and lively. You were with your friends, laughing at some joke, running around, playing games, reading a book. I'm sure you didn't see me. I'm the new kid, the weirdo, the Busan kid, you know, the one with the weird accent? I'm sure you wouldn't want to be friends with me. But you look like someone who would be nice to everyone. Everyone talks to you, and you talk and smile back. I'm sure you wouldn't if it was me who talked to you. You would run away, or laugh at me, or make fun of my accent, just like everyone else who I've tried to talk to. Just like your friends.
 
So, right now, I'm sat on my bed in my room in my Aunt's house. I ran home, after being teased again for my tanned skin and grabbed this notebook that Appa gave me. It hurts. I can't help how I look. I can't help it that my skin is darker than everyone else's. I can't help it that my accent is different to everyone else's. I can't help it that I need glasses. I can't help it. So why does everyone pick on me? I miss home. I miss Busan. I miss my Umma and Appa. Sure, my aunt's nice, but I miss my parents.
 
I want to go home.
 
But I want to try. If you don't reject me or laugh at me, I'm going to take it as a sign that I was meant to come here. I want to try.
~~~
"My poor baby!"
"Jae. Shut up."
 
---
Yay! First part!
The first couple of parts will be rather small but as more things happen there'll be more to write about!
Thank you! <3