{ 1. } Surprise.

Bound Through the Crimson Butterfly
H y e j i n ' s  POV;
 
 I sat on my computer chair, mouse-clicking away as the song "Boyfriend" played through the loud built-in speakers of my laptop. I'd have to admit, the song really was something that could get stuck in your head easily. The tune was nice, and the lyrics meant something meaningful. I was no music genius, but all I could say is that I really liked the song. Yeah. I really did.
 
 ..There was another reason why I was listening to Boyfriend.
 
 Believe me or not, my best friends were there. Their names must sound really familiar to many people already.
 
 Jo Youngmin and Jo Kwangmin.

 Know them? I thought so.
 
 Even if I'm not supposed to be surprised or anything, I still was awed. I can't believe it, my friends are idols! Not that I was jealous or anything. Coming from a person who knew them from a young age, Youngmin and Kwangmin always had what it took to become idols. They were always singing..dancing..goofing around. Their personalities made them extremely approachable, and they were also blessed with good looks which got them fans squealing about them (even noonas from the upper batches)!
 
 Clearly, they were boys close to perfect. It was inevitable to be at least a bit jealous, I'd have to admit.
 
 I was one of their best friends, since..we were little four year olds. I remember..we met in preschool. Being the shy girl I am, I was a frequent target for bullies. I was never strong enough to defend myself against them. Luckily for me, Youngmin and Kwangmin stood up for me..always. Clichè, I know, but that's how the three of us met. In middle school, sometimes Youngmin even took it outside when the bully became too pushy, though Kwangmin and I broke the fight off before anything else could happen..and we all ate my mother's homemade cookies, dango and mochi for snacks after that, laughing merrily and happily as if nothing happened. 
 
 Good times..good times.
 
 As the song "Boyfriend" played again on infinite loop, I stood up from my chair and headed for my bookshelf, my eyes wandering around until it met a familiar red leather photo album. "Ah, here we go," I said to myself before pulling it out of the shelf and blowing some of the dust off. I haven't touched it in forever..
 
 Taking a seat on my bed, I opened the leather album to see various photos of me and the twins. Some when we were young and foolish little children..and some when we were in middle school. There were rarely any ones of us now though. I sighed. It came with the idol lifestyle. Idols were always busy. Always. The twins probably wouldn't have time for me now..but I'll send them an email or something every once in a while.
 
 "I hope they don't forget me," I sighed a bit sadly, running a finger gently over a photograph of us in a beach, right after we had created a small sandcastle with a moat around it. We were about eight years old then, and I remember it very clearly. The three of us had just finished building the castle and taking the picture when suddenly a huge wave destroyed it in less than a minute. Youngmin was yelling angrily at the sea, shouting "Waaaa! Why sea, why!? We just finished that!", while Kwangmin was screaming "No! NO!" before getting back to work at a brand new castle again. I laughed at the funny memory.
 
 Memories were all I had right now. The Jo family moved away a few months after we had graduated from middle school, to a house closer to the urban city area. With the confidence I had gained over the years with them, I had friends with me even as they left but..they were the best friends I have ever had. No one can completely replace them.
 
 They told me that they were coming back though, in a few months to rest or something..I do hope we get to make more memories then.
 
 "Ahh!" I cried softly, falling face first onto my fluffy brown striped pillow. "I really miss those guys!" I yelled into the pillow, my voice coming out all muffled and unintelligible.
 
 Just then, I heard my bedroom door being swung open, and not long after the CREAKKK of my door sounded, a heavy thing landed on my back.
 
 "YAH!" I screamed, trying to get the thing off my back, but no avail. It was too heavy! I slapped it..and it was human skin! What?!
 
 "You miss who now, Hyejin?" said a familiar male voice. Not too deep, not too high..the twins?!
 
 No, it couldn't be. I must be delusional. Did I really miss them that much? Sheesh.
 
 "Who are you and why were you creeping behind my door?!" I questioned, unable to look up as I was being weighed down on by some human boy.
 
 "Oh come on Hyejin, you know it's us!" exclaimed another familiar voice, not very different from the earlier one. Though..maybe it was the earlier voice. I couldn't exactly tell..because they could have been..wait.
 
 No, really, it couldn't be.
 
 "Get off my back first, please!"
 
 "Gladly," He said, jumping off my back and landing on his two feet with a THUD!. Then I pulled myself up from my position, and turned my attention to them.
 
 I couldn't believe it.
 
 It was the twins. In the flesh. After who-knows-how-long. I pinched myself on the cheek to see if it was real. "Ow," I yelped, blinking quickly. My eyes opened again..and they were still standing there, in casual wear, with their ever-so-shining smiles.
 
 Nope, I wasn't dreaming.
 
 "Y..Youngmin...K-Kwangmin!" I cried out happily and ran to them, enveloping them into a warm group hug. They hugged me in return while laughing, and I broke it off soon enough.

 I smiled brightly up at them, as my rather petite size never helped me look at them in the same height. "What are you two doing here? I thought you guys weren't coming back till'..uh..November or something!"

 "But we missed you, Hyejin!" the now blond twin exclaimed, wrapping his arms around my waist and lifting me high into the air, spinning around a bit before throwing me back on my bed. A blush crept up my cheeks as he did that. I could really feel my face heating up. We were best friends and all..but that was something I could never really get used to.

 "Hyejin-pyon's shy," the younger twin cooed, bursting into laughter once he saw the blush on my face. It must have been pretty obvious then..

 "Stop calling me Hyejin-pyon, Kwangmin!" I exclaimed, throwing my pillow at his face.

 Here we go again with the teasing.

 ...I really missed them, so much.

〈  ☪  〉 
3 r d  P e r s o n POV;
 
 After more teasing from the boys, the trio had finally settled down. Hyejin and Youngmin were peering over old albums, while Kwangmin was looking through the girl's laptop.

 "Remember this?" Youngmin asked, his finger on a photo of them with a snowman. "We named him Tteok!"

 "Of course I remember Tteok!" Hyejin exclaimed, chuckling lightly. "We named him Tteok because his nose--specially made by Kwangmin--looked really much like a tteok. It shows in the picture!" she exclaimed, pointing to the alleged nose in the picture.

 "I'm so happy you're a fan of us too, Jinjin!" the younger twin said with a smile while clicking through her open internet browser windows.

 "Of course I'm a fan! I'm always there to support my best friends. Also..it's still Jinjin..?!" the girl said, pouting slightly to show her disappointment.

 "I find it cute. And plus, it's not like anyone's here to hear!" Kwangmin reasoned, now looking through her documents. Hyejin paused for a while and pondered for a moment. 'I don't have anything embarrassing in there..yeah, I don't.' She thought, shrugging her shoulders. The older twin then put down the album and went for the television in the middle of the room to play with her game consoles.

 "I feel like playing Wii," he thought out loud, setting it up already and putting the PS3 aside.

 "Suit yourself. Just don't break it," said Hyejin, laughing slightly.

 "Promise."

 Unbeknownst to them, while Youngmin was playing Wario Ware on the Wii and Hyejin watching her friend getting all silly with the hand movements and such..Kwangmin had found something interesting in her computer files.

 It was a draft of a blog post she was going to post in her diary/journal that she was going to post later that day.

 ...The contents of the post left the younger twin a bit empty inside.

 "I want to tell him..but I can't. We're just nothing more than friends."
 
- - - - - - - - - -
 
"..Uh..hey, Youngmin..Kwangmin..?" Hyejin said haltingly, her fingers fiddling with each other as she sat down on her bed, hugging a pillow tight. 
 
 "Yeah, Hyejin?" the younger twin spoke up from his video game, not bothering to pause it midway.
 
 "..Do you want to go visit that part in the forest? I-If you want to, you know.."
 
 "What part of the forest--!" Youngmin started, which earned him a whack on the head by his younger brother. "Ow! Kwangmin!"
 
 "Has all that fame gone to your head?! Sheesh," Kwangmin sighed heavily, shaking his head in disbelief before turning to the girl and sitting beside her on the bed. "You seem shy now," he commented, laughing lightly.
 
 "O-Of c-course I am! You two are idols already!" Hyejin exclaimed, throwing her pillow to the brunette's face. "Haaa. I can't believe I'm friends with you guys!" she said with a giggle.
 
 "Believe it, Hye-" One flick of a finger to her forehead. "-jin-" And another. "-pyon!" The last flick to the forehead sent the girl rolling on her bed, a hand on the spot he flicked on.
 
 "Ouch, ouch! And stop using the suffix '-pyon' on me, you know it's kind of a derogatory term! What if my mother hears you?!" the girl panicked, wondering what her rather strict mother would say to him.
 
 The older and blond twin then finally got his eyes off the TV screen, and he now directed his attention to his brother and best friend. "I was kidding, kidding! Of course~! It's our own special place..that only the three of us know of," he cooed, jumping on the bed beside his brother.
 
 "Hyejin!" called out a female voice in a kind but strong tone.
 
 "Ah, hold on, my mother's calling. The cookies must be ready! I'll be right back you two, don't wreck anything in my room or else!" the young girl told the two firmly before dashing out of her room and down the stairs into the kitchen. Once she was gone and not at an ear's distance, the brunette approached his brother with a frown on his face.

"Youngmin, that was a stupid thing you did there," Kwangmin said with a hint of coldness in his sentence as he punched his brother in the arm.
 
 "What are you so mad about!?" Youngmin exclaimed, his hands already curled into fists.
 
 "You know Hyejin is sensitive. Stop joking, she could have been sad about it for no reason!" The younger twin told him angrily, the former smiling expression he had just a while ago immediately replaced by a cross face.
 
 "She's a happy girl, she'll get over it. And she knows me, anyhow. I wouldn't forget about our secret place, and she knows that perfectly. We wrote on that boulder together!"
 
 "But she's more afraid now, because we just became idols! Think about her feelings for once. She's afraid of losing us, don't you know that?!"
 
 "Kwangmin, you're taking this too seriously, you know, calm down--"
 
 "It's because you don't seem to care what happens if she does get sad!"
 
 "That's it!" the older twin yelled, irritated. He then headed for the door, and swung it open. "I'm going out, and don't even dare follow me. I want peace and quiet!" With that, he slammed it and left in a huff. Kwangmin was left in the room..and he took this time to think about what happened. 'What..What did I just do..?' He thought, sighing. He then sat down on Hyejin's bed, and took the red velvet photo album lying on the pillow. The boy took this time to look through..just a quick flip. He got cut short though, as his female friend entered the room again with no cookies in hand.
 
 "Whoops, I had to clean a bit of the dishes, hehe--hey, wait, where's Youngmin?"
 
 "..I..I don't know. Our secret place..I guess?"
 
 "W-What?!"
 
 "What do you mean what?"
 
 "K-Kwangmin..I-I..I completely forgot that w-we're not supposed to go today!" she exclaimed, immediately grabbing the boy by the wrist and pulling him out of the room. "W-We need to get him, and fast!"

 Hyejin and Kwangmin then fled out of the house and through the path leading to the school, hoping to catch the easily angered brother before anything else may happen to him.

 ...Little did they know that this little and seemingly harmless incident will lead them into an experience that they will surely never forget, as it may change their lives and haunt them..forever.

 
E n d  C h a p t e r One.
Author's Note:
Yes, first chapter up! Nothing much is happening yet, but next chapter. :) This is the intro chapter, and it's more of..completing the sneak peek. xD
Again, thank you so much to my subscribers and commenters! ; u; You guys really made me happy~
I hope that the story will prove interesting to you all. I'm kind of on a semi-hiatus now since school is starting, but I assure you that I will update every Friday, Saturday or so~!
Please stick with me until the end and..thank you again. ^^
Next chapter will be up later! xD