two;;

Vanity Scare
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What’s going on?” The confused shadow asked. “Why did that happen just now? Where did she go? How is it possible that she left me here?”

The male looked at her and sighed.

“You’re person… She was unlucky. This mirror has a kink in it. The second she looked into it, the laws of physics that bound the two of you together broke. The force that once made you copy her every move is no longer there. Your very existence is no longer fully dependent on your person.”

“I don’t understand…”

Before the male could explain what he had meant, the window of light that connects the two the real world transformed into a prism of magnificent light. Colors of rainbow danced across the glass making pretty patterns that moved here and there.

The two shadows squinted and past the light, they could make out a face that looked exactly like the male shadow.

“He’s looking for me. I’ll be back soon. But for now, listen carefully: if this happens again when I’m not around, touch the light and it will take you to your person. Do your best to act as if you are still copying her every movement. Do not mess up. And whatever you do, don’t touch the light if she’s touching it.”

“How do I… Go back here?”

“Once your person looks away from whatever medium that is able to reflect her image, there will be a kink that will reform in which you can jump back here.”

When he was done giving his instructions, he stepped toward the light and reached out his hand.

“Wait! What’s your—“

There was a sudden flash of blinding light and poof. He was gone.

She didn’t even get a chance to finish asking him for his name.

As she waited for him to come back, she peered out into the empty real world.

“I wonder who he is,” the shadowed wondered aloud.

 

A man sat down in his big leather chair and smirked.

He was finally alone.

He spun his chair back and forth as he observed his large, luxurious office. It had taken him a good three years to make his way up here and he was very proud.

No one deserved this more than he did, he thought.

With a lazy glide of his hand, he pulled open one of the desk drawers and pulled out a mirror.

“Where are you, master?” He laughed tauntingly as he waited for his person to appear.

Within a few seconds, the mirror showed an identical looking man peering out at him.

“What is it that you w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter