Second.

Voice of My Heart

Donghae's POV

 

"Donghae, have you finished the editing for Kibum-ssi's article yet?" 

 

"Just a few pharagraphs left to be done, Woohyun. I'll put it on your desk later."  I answered without turning my face away from my computer. Woohyun replied with a simple 'thanks' before getting back to his desk, which was full with a pile of papers. It wasn't weird though, because our department was in the midst "half to end of the month crisis", the most tiring days within a month. It was famous among the editing crew that we always had a lot of stuff to do.

 

Everything, everyone was a mess. With lack of sleep and lack of getting any proper meals, coffee was the most common thing here. Besides that, everyone in the editing department looked like zombies. 

 

I sighed in relieved when I finally finished my last article for this month, stretching my body because it felt so stiff. I yawned because lack of sleep and I made a self-promise that I would get something nice to eat tonight. I clicked the print button and waited until the it finished printing while I looked around my desk and found a familiar sight. Jungsoo hyung drank his 5th coffee for today, Yoonjae fell asleep on his desk, Sungjae hummed a song while doing his work and other people I met everyday at work. I laughed a little and felt proud inside because once again I was the first one who finished my articles.

 

I stood up and brought my articles and walked toward Woohyun desk, who was busy with his papers. He looked more tired than I was, his dark circles were showing and I couldn't imagine how much sleep did he get these past few days. I passed Yoonjae's desk and tapped his back gently. "Ya, Yoonjae, wake up. You will not make it again this month if you spend your time at work with sleeping."

 

He was startled and woke up with his usual blank expression. "Sorry, Hae hyung. I was so sleepy. I was doing all these articles all night and still hasn't finished it." He groaned and he noticed that he was drooling, he hurriedly wiped a trail of saliva near his mouth with embarrassment. He murmured another 'sorry hyung' and I replied with a laugh before I continued walking to Woohyun's desk. 

 

"Here, it's all done." I gave Woohyun the articles and the deepest part of my heart was hoping that I could get a simple compliment from my boss a.k.a. my crush.

 

"Thanks, Donghae." A simple thank you came out from Woohyun's mouth. I sighed silently. You're welcome. 

 

I turned around and getting ready to go back to my desk and maybe help Yoonjae to finish his articles. Mine was finished after all, so why not helping each other, right? I was going to tap Yoonjae's shoulder because he was falling asleep, again, when I heard a familiar voice coming from Woohyun's desk. 

 

"Hyun!" A tall familiar man walked towards Woohyun's desk with big steps and all I could see was his brown hair. I couldn't recognize the guy but then Woohyun lifted his head and smiled by the man's pressence. "Kyu!" Woohyun shouted and everyone is the room was practically looking the two.

 

Oh, it was Kyuhyun. No wonder why Woohyun looked so damn happy.

 

"Here, I brought you lunch. I know you'd spend your lunch time working, so I brought something from your favorite cafe." Kyuhyun smiled and he handed a plastic bag full of food. I could hear their conversation because Yoonjae's desk weren't that far from Woohyun's.

 

"Thank you, oh I was starving!" He looked inside the plastic bag and smiled widely. I smiled a little by seeing how excited he was. 

 

"I brought a lot, maybe you can share these with Donghae-ssi. He's looking here since I came and he's drooling now." Kyuhyun laughed and I just realized he was talking about me. I facepalmed myself because of embarrassment, like seriously. It was embarrassing. 

 

Woohyun looked at me and laughed, and he waved to me, motioning me to join him. I nodded and walked toward the twin and again, I felt awkward. Woohyun was eating his salad when Kyuhyun handed me a chopstick and another box of salad and a box of bulgogi meats. I received it with a smile, then again I felt something I couldn't explain myself.

 

"Oh yeah, I want to tell you guys something." Woohyun put a slice of bulgogi meat inside his mouth before continued. "But not now. How about the three of us going to a fancy family dinner tomorrow night? Tomorrow is Sunday so no excuses of going to work!" 

 

I listened to Woohyun while eating my third piece of bulgogi meat when I realized something was weird. Did he say the three of us? Did he mean me, Kyuhyun and him? Oh no way. It would be ing awkward for me if it would be the three of us.

 

"Me too?" I asked again, wanted to make sure that I didn't have any hearing problems. Woohyun nodded.

"Why?"

 

"Because you're part of the family." Woohyun answered innocently. I was speechless after he said that I was the part of his family. I couldn't give him any more reasons because I couldn't possibly say no to someone like Woohyun.

 

"Okay." I said half-heartedly.

 

"So, tomorrow night then! You're okay with the plan, aren't you Kyu?" Woohyun asked.

Kyuhyun replied with a nod. "I'm free tomorrow. Me and Hyukjae don't have any plan yet for tomorrow, so I'll be yours then Hyun." Woohyun nodded happily, extremely happy to be exact. Once again I only could smile a little by his totally different personality at work and when there was Kyuhyun around.

 

"Okay. I have to go back to the hospital, Hyun. I'll have to perform two surgeries for today, so don't wait for me later at home, alright?" Kyuhyun said while he was cleaning up the leftovers. 

 

Woohyun reached his arms and hugged his brother warmly. "See you later, Kyu. Oh, and dress up nicely, okay?"

Kyuhyun put his hand on his brother's back as he caressed it up and down gently. "Okay, you don't have to worry about that. You know that my closet contains a lot more nice clothes than you are." He chuckled lightly. Kyuhyun pulled himself from Kyuhyun and waved. "Bye Hyun."

 

It was sweet. I knew how much Kyuhyun meant to Woohyun because he was afraid that people out there would hurt his brother. He always thought that at least he had to be the one who loved his brother the most. It was really touching everytime I hear Woohyun told me about his brother, how much he loved his brother.

 

I bowed my head lightly when Kyuhyun left and let out a loud sigh. Too loud actually. "You okay?" Woohyun said while looking straight into my eyes. "I'm okay. Just a little tired I guess." I lied.

 

Woohyun nodded sympathetically, as if he knew what was going on with me. "I know, your face shows it all." he chuckled lightly. My face heated up by that simple comment. "I guess since you have finished your work, why not going home early today?" 

 

Actually, I was pretty shocked. Nam Woohyun didn't give his co-workers free time. It was not his style at all. "Really?"

He nodded again and smiled before going back to his seat and started to dig his pile of paper on his desk. I murmured a 'bye' before going back to my desk and turned of my computer. I felt my phone vibrated inside my pocket, signaling that I just received a text message. I checked it and called the sender's number when I noticed the name on the screen.

 

"I need your help. It's urgent!"

 

                                                                                ******************************

Author's POV

 

"You know hyung, sometimes I wonder why we can be friends for such a long time."

 

Donghae who was drinking his favorite bubble tea, raised an eyebrow. He seriously didn't understand what the younger beside him mean by saying that. "Why do you say that, Suho?"

 

Suho gave Donghae a disbelief look. "Seriously hyung?"

Donghae shrugged. And drank his bubble tea happily again, regardless of the younger's question. 

 

Suho's patient had ran out. He then pinched the older's cheek, with more power than expected, earning a scream of pain from the older. "Ow! What was that for?" Donghae rubbed his reddened cheek repeatedly, hoping that it could help enduring the pain.

 

"You called me and said that you had an emergency! Do you have any idea that I just ran from our apartment all the way to your ofiice, only for you to drag me to a freakin' mall to buy a suit?! " Suho shouted. He didn't really mean to shout, but he couldn't help it since he just had a bad day at campus. One of his professor just declined his proposal that he had been working on for months. He then went home hoping to find some food to relieve his stress but find nothing. He texted Donghae, to grab some food from the nearest cafe. That was when Donghae called him with the he-so-called-urgent.  

 

Donghae was shocked after his roomate's unexpected train of words. "I-I'm sorry, Suho-ya. I didn't know that you had a bad day. I really don't." Donghae said with guilt while placing his hand on the younger's shoulder and squeeze it gently to calm him down.

 

Suho let out a sigh. He actually felt sorry for shouting earlier, because he knew that his hyung didn't know. It was just he got really stress due to his campus thing. "I'm sorry hyung, I didn't mean it." 

 

Donghae nodded and smiled, he understood about the younger's concern and he took a note about asking Suho for anything. Suho took Donghae's arm and linked it with his while pulling it gently. "Let's go find a good suit for you, hyung." Suho said and smiled. 

 

They went to one store to another to find a perfect suit that match with Donghae's preference. They arrived to one store that Donghae really liked. Suho was looking for a nice suit for Donghae to try on when he suddely stopped. He turned around to Donghae who was sitting peacufully while looking to the younger. "What?" Donghae asked.

 

Suho looked away and continued searching. "You haven't told me where do you want to go till you have to find a new suit. I mean, you have suits. One closet of them, if you forget." Suho asked skeptically. 

 

"Uhm, just a dinner. With my colleagues." Donghae answered, trying to act as normal as possible.

"With Woohyun-ssi?" Donghae nodded. Crap, he forgot that he sometimes told Suho about Woohyun. Not 'having crush on him' part, just work-related part.

"Just the two of you? Why do you need a new suit?" Suho's hands might be busy searching, but his train of question silenced Donghae in his seat. 

"No, not only the two of us."

 

Suho took a suit from a rack, considering it for a moment wether it suited Donghae or not. Then he showed it to the older and got a nod as a reply. "Oh, I see. Here, try it on." Suho handed the suit to Donghae as he went inside the changing room. After a few minutes, he came out the room and found Suho was busy typing with his phone.

 

"How do I look?" Donghae's question made the younger put his phone and amazed. Donghae really looked.. good. Extremely good. Suho couldn''t help but to hold his breath. 

"Wow, hyung. You look handsome." Suho admitted. 

 

Donghae only smiled and felt proud inside, especially when he noticed a few woman who was passing by actually stopped to admire his good looks. He then look at his reflection in the mirror and agreed to Suho's choice. The blue color really matched his hair and the size was just fit perfectly. He knew that Suho's choice would turn out good for him, that was why he always asked Suho to go shopping with him.

 

"You like him, don't you?" 

 

Donghae's heart skipped a beat by the sudden question. "Who?" Donghae asked carefully, didn't want the younger to dig the information out of him. He was too afraid. 

 

"Woohyun-ssi."

 

Just when Woohyun's name sounded from Suho's mouth could possibly killed him. He was too shocked, too scared that Suho might found out about him. He tried not to give extreme reactions and acted normally. Donghae lifted his head and faced Suho with a fake smile. Even he faked a laugh.

 

"What? No!" Donghae scoffed. He tried to make like it was ridiculous, liking another man. "Woohyun-ssi is a man. I am a man. I'm not gay, Suho-ya." 

 

Suho didn't reply. He scanned Donghae's expression and still no matter how long he looked, Donghae's face showed worries. He even saw that Donghae was sweating. 

 

"You know hyung, being gay is not 'bad'. It's still love, isn't it?" Suho finally decided to ask. He felt that Donghae wasn't telling the truth, but he didn't want to force the older either. Maybe Donghae needed some time to finally came out of the closet. Suho didn't mind, he lived in a society after all. He himself had a secret that Donghae didn't know. He was going to tell the older, but maybe it was the best to keep it up to himself for now.

 

Donghae kept silent. He didn't want to reply the younger, feeling afraid that he might reveal his secret that he tried to keep for a long time.

 

Suho sighed because Donghae didn't respond. He then approached Donghae and caressed the suit Donghae was wearing, straightened a wrinkle. He looked at the suit and up to Donghae's face, only to see the other's worried face.  "Let's take this one, shall we hyung?"

 

Donghae nodded and took off the suit he was wearing. He looked at the price tag and saw that the price was almost costed $150. Suho's eyes widened in shock when he noticed the price but Donghae calmed him down and said that he didn't mind.

 

Of course he didn't mind. He himself was already distracted and his mind was in a complete chaos. He didn't say a word all the way they went to the cashier, even in the car on their way back to their apartment.

 

Suho just finished brushing his teeth when Donghae came in to the bathroom. Donghae avoided Suho's gaze but the younger noticed. Suho then left the bathroom, but stopped at the door frame, turning around. Donghae felt the other haven't left but still avoiding Suho's gaze, looking into the mirror.

 

"Hyung, I don't want to interfere your personal matters, but as a good friend, I want to tell you this." Suho coughed a little, feeling hesitate about telling the other. But he decided to tell him anyway. 

 

"If you like him, tell him. I'm not asking you to do it for him, but for you. I know you've liked him since you started working there. I saw you were looking at his photo, and please don't deny this. I saw it with my own eyes." Donghae listened silently, feeling like he was so close to burst into tears. 

 

Suho continued. "I thought it was only a coincidence, but it was crystal clear when you asked me to buy a suit, when you tell me for whom precisely."

 

Suho the approached Donghae and hugged him gently. "I don't want you to regret anything. Don't do the same mistake like mine." He said into Donghae's ears. Suho then pulled himself from the confused older, smiled softly. Donghae didn't know what to do or say when he unconciously nodded. 

 

Suho yawned cutely as he walked out the bathroom. "Good night, hyung."

 

Donghae then realized what Suho just said to him and froze. Donghae knew that he couldn't lie anymore to Suho, not anymore. He didn't know that his roomate actually knew him that well. He was afraid that someone would know about his secret, but somehow, when it was Suho, he felt a light burden was lifted from his shoulder. He felt relieved.

 

"Suho!" Donghae shouted.

"Yes?" Suho turned around.

"I.. I can't explain anything, but thank you." 

Suho chuckled lightly. "For picking a suit for you or for finally relieve some burden off of your shoulder?"

"Both, I guess."

"You're welcome hyung."

"And, Suho? I need to ask something."

"Hmm?"

"What do you mean by 'don't do the same mistake as yours'?" Donghae asked curiously. He just suddenly remembered about the younger's words.

 

Suho smiled and continued walking toward his bedroom. Donghae was confused because the younger didn't answer his question. When he was going to forget about it, he heard Suho's voice, answering his question.

 

"I felt love and did nothing. Good night, hyung." Then Donghae heard a door slammed shut.

 

"Good night." Donghae murmured softly. After what happened today, he felt like the night would be a long night full of thoughts for him. After brushing his teeth, he went back to his room and laid himself before rolling inside the blanket. Closing his eyes slowly, he just hoped that he would get a nice sleep, even though he knew it wouldn't as nice as he wanted.

 

                                                                          ********************************

 

Donghae straightened his suit and saw his reflection in the mirror. Hair combed perfectly, a match tie, chosen by Suho of course, and everything was ready. 

 

"Do I look fine?" Donghae asked the younger who was taking pictures of his hyung. Suho actually acted like there wasn't something happened last night, like he forgot about everything he said to Donghae. But Donghae felt relieved. He didn't want to face another drama in his life, he was glad that they could change the atmosphere back as the usual.

 

"You look perfectly fine, hyung." Suho then looked at the clock. It was 6:30 PM. "Hyung! You'll going to be late! Now go go go." Suho pushed the other gently to the door. Donghae chuckled by the younger's action and hurriedly putting on his shoes and checked if he had bring his phone and wallet.

 

Donghae stood at the door frame before going out of his apartment. "Bye, Suho-ya. Don't wait up for me. See you later!" Donghae waved and walked out of his apartment.

 

"Bye hyung!" Suho shouted and wishing Donghae a good luck silently. Luck maybe the most important thing for his hyung, and that what he was rechanting inside his heart. Donghae's good luck.

 

---------------------------------

 

Donghae got out of his car when he arrived infront of the restaurant, The Sapphire. It was actually Donghae and Woohyun's favorite restaurant. They had been there thousand times, they even knew the owner there. Donghae took a deep breath before walking inside.

 

He decided that he was going to tell Woohyun about his feelings. He wouldn't ask Woohyun to love him back, he knew that Woohyun wouldn't since he had a girlfriend. But like Suho said, he was trying to help himself. All he was going to do was to tell Woohyun honestly and moved on.

 

His steps stopped when he felt a hand touched his shoulder. He turned around and find a familiar man smiling to him.

"Donghae-ssi, I'm glad you can make it." Kyuhyun greeted. He actually arrived at the same time as Donghae's, even he saw Donghae going out of his car but the other's walk was much faster that he needed to walk faster.

 

Donghae was surprised at first, didn't expect to encounter Kyuhyun there. But he smiled and greeted the other back. "Thank you. Oh by the way, where's your brother?"

 

"He's already inside. Let's go in." Kyuhyun then walked inside, followed by Donghae. His heart was beating crazily again, as he continuosly carresed his chest repeatedly to calm it down. Kyuhyun noticed that and he instinctively put his palm on Donghae's chest and push his ear closer to Donghae's chest. Donghae's eyes widened by the sudden touch, feeling uncomfortable.

 

"Donghae-ssi, do you suffer from hypertension?" Kyuhyun asked suddenly. His hand was still on Donghae's chest.

"Uh, no? I guess." Donghae answered confusedly.

"Maybe your family? Siblings?"

"Uhm, no. Why are you asking, Kyuhyun-ssi?"

 

Kyuhyun sighed and took his hand off of Donghae's chest. "I see. But why is your heart beating so fast? It was uncommon, Donghae-ssi. You should go for a check up. Maybe you can do it in my hospital. I'll assign a good doctor for you."

 

Donghae's face heated up because the other knew about his heart beating like crazy but at the same time he wanted to explode into laughter. Kyuhyun was too innocent. "N-No, I'm fine, Kyuhyun-ssi. I really am." 

 

Kyuhyun sighed in relieve. They continued to walk inside the restaurant and Donghae found himself in a familiar interior. "Sorry for touching your chest so sudden, it has become a habit to me.. I mean, I always did that when I see someone hurt. You were carressing your chest repeteadly, I thought you were hurting." Kyuhyun said, feeling embarrassed.

 

Donghae laughed a little. "It's okay, it's a good thing you know." Donghae looked around and found Woohyun who was waving towards them. He and Kyuhyun waved back as they walked toward Woohyun's table. Woohyun greeted them with a big smile, earning two smiles from both men.

 

Donghae took a seat across Woohyun and followed by Kyuhyun. He was still feeling uncomfortable with the two of them, but he tried his best to ignore it. "What do you want to eat, Donghae-ah?" 

 

Donghae looked at the menu book. "I'll get a Chicken Set A."

Woohyun nodded and looked at his brother, getting a 'same as yours' as a reply. Woohyun called a waiter and ordered '3 Chicken Set A!' happily and the waiter told them that the food would be ready in 20 minutes.

 

Woohyun coughed a little to get Kyuhyun and Donghae's attention. Both men looked at Woohyun curiously. "So, do you remember what I said back at the office about why I invited both of you to dinner?"

 

Kyuhyun was the first one to answer. "Because you wanted to tell something to us?" Donghae nodded unconciously, agreeing to the other.

 

Woohyun laughed cheerfully. "That's right! I'm going to show both of you something."

 

Donghae and Kyuhyun waited anticipatedly, feeling curious about the news that Woohyun was going to tell. Woohyun lifted his hand and showed it to both Donghae and Kyuhyun. They were looking at Woohyun's hand confusedly like they didn't know what so special about Woohyun's hand.

 

"What is it, Woohyun? I don't understand." Donghae said while he kept looking at Woohyun's hand. There was nothing unsual. His fingers, his nails, and.. Wait a minute. What was that? Something silver encircling Woohyun's ring finger. Don't tell me...

 

Kyuhyun shouted. Interrupting Donghae's reverie. "Oh my God! YOU ARE GETTING MARRIED,HYUN!" 

 

Woohyun nodded excitedly while he was getting a hug from his twin brother. Kyuhyun felt super happy, even happier when he received his laude degree. He liked Ji Na, and he thought Ji Na would make a perfect wife for his twin brother. He was glad that someone could take care his brother for him.

 

Unlike Kyuhyun who was acting extremely happy, another man just sat silently and stared blankly into the air. No hug, no 'congrats, nothing for Woohyun.  "Donghae-ah, I'm getting married." he repeated.

 

And it made Donghae's world just collapsed between his eyes.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

A/N: Here it is the second chapter. I hope you enjoy this!

Once again I want to tell you how much sorry I am for taking so long. I just started my senior year of high school and I got a bunch of assignments untill I don't have time to update. I can update now because its holiday and I'll try to write the next chapter within this holiday.

I understand if you guys are mad at me for taking so long to update. I promise the next one will be faster.

My updates will be mostly on the weekends, so I hope you guys will waint patiently.

Please do comment (it motivates me) and subscribe. Oh please upvote too^^

I love you guys. You are amazing. <3

-kyuhunnie.