Four

Fortune Cookie

[Author’s POV]

 

“Should I text her?” Seungri thought.

 

“Why isn’t he texting me? Should I be the one to text him first?” Chae Rin thought as well.

 

It’s been ten days since they’ve last met and exchange numbers but none of them contacted the other.

 

Seungri didn’t text or call Chae Rin because he thought that maybe it’s too early for him to make a move.  He wanted to see her first in school before he text her so it wouldn’t be too awkward. But he didn’t saw Chae Rin at school. He did meet Minji, Chae Rin’s friend. He just knew that Minji is also a Dance major. He also asked her about Chae Rin but she said that Chae Rin is too busy with school. He also goes to the convenience store where Chae Rin works, hoping that he will see her there but he failed.

 

Chae Rin, on the other hand, is still waiting for Seungri to text or call her. She wanted to text him already when she got his number. Honestly, she felt happy that he asked for her number. But at the same time, she didn’t want to text him yet. She’s the girl here, so the guy must be the first to contact the girl.

 

When she’s at school, she would look around hoping that she will see Seungri. But she didn’t see him. She’s also too busy for school and preparing her collection for the school’s foundation day. She’s one of the best Fashion Design students at YHS University and her professors told her that she will showcase her talent to all the student body.

 

“Ah Chae Rin! Don’t be like this. You’re not yourself lately. Just stop thinking of Seungri for just one second, okay? You’re losing focus now. You just met him like almost two weeks ago,” Chae Rin thought to herself.

 

She’s now at school, walking to the cafeteria. While walking, she’s reading her notes for the subject after lunch when her Rilakkuma keychain in her mailman bag was tangled with another keychain from someone else’s bag.

 

“Oops. Sorry about that – Chae Rin-ah?”

 

“OMO! Seungri-ssi!”

 

------

 

[Chae Rin’s POV]

 

“Omo! Seungri-ssi!”

 

“Yo,” he saluted and smiled then he stared at me again.

 

“Ah, Chae Rin-ah, are you okay? You’re blushing.”

 

“B-blushing? Me? Blushing?! N-no I’m not,” I touched my cheeks. They’re warm. Am I really blushing?

 

“Yes you are. Are you alright? Are you sick?” his voice is full of concern, as well as his face. Then he touched my forehead.

 

I took a step back when I felt his hands but he was pulled with me too. I looked at my bag and I saw my Rilakumma keychain is still tangled with his panda keychain.

 

“Oh look. My panda is hugging your Rilakumma,” he said, pointing at it then chuckled.

 

“Neh… He is…” I said while chuckling as well.

 

He tried to untangle our keychains but it seems like his panda loved hugging my Rila that he don’t want them to be separated.

 

“Aigoo… Why isn’t it… untangling?” he said while scratching his head.

 

“Let me try,” I stated.

 

I tried untangling them also but I can’t untangle them as well. What the hell is wrong with this?

 

“Ugh. I give up.”

 

“Where are you going, by the way?” he asked.

 

“Cafeteria. My friends are there waiting for me.”

 

“I’m going to the cafeteria, too. Let’s just go there together, but we have to walk side by side.”

 

-------

 

[Seungri’s POV]

 

And here I am, walking side by side with Chae Rin to the cafeteria because our keychains don’t want to be disturbed from their private moment.

 

It’s a little awkward actually.  The students are now looking at us with confused stares.  Who wouldn’t be?

 

We have to walk simultaneously because it will be hard for us if one will be in front of the other.  We should step at the same time with our sides almost touching but thanks to our bags, we have a little distance.

 

“Aah, Chae Rin-ah…”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“This is… awkward… Don’t you think?”

 

I saw her nod.

 

**awkward silence while walking**

 

“What do we do now?” I whispered.

 

“I don’t know…”

 

**awkward silence again**

 

Aish! This is definitely not working! What am I gonna do?!

 

As if my arms have a life of its own, I draped it over Chae Rin’s shoulder and pulled her closer to me.  By doing this, our bags where sent behind us.  I felt my heart beat wildly in my chest.  I felt her tense.

 

“You’ll be bumping into your destiny…”

 

Okay. That was creepy.  My fortune just echoed in my mind!

 

Back to Chae Rin, as I said, I felt her tense. WHO WOULDN’T BE?! If I’m in her position and some guy whom I just met more than a week ago put his arm over my shoulders for no reason, I will definitely tense up!

 

I cleared my throat and held her tighter, my heart pumping wilder.

 

She looked at me with questioning eyes but I felt her relax after a bit.

 

I looked at her and I thought my heart will go out of my chest any minute. I smiled though.

 

“Please don’t get mad, it’s just that… I think it will be more comfortable for us if I –”

 

“Yes. It’s more comfortable. Don’t worry, I’m not mad,” she said and smiled.

 

“O-oh. O-okay…” I stuttered.

 

Hearing her say that it’s comfortable having my arm around her makes me feel very happy. In fact, happy is too shallow to describe my feelings right now.

 

So I contentedly wrapped my arm around her with a smile on my face while walking with her to the canteen.

 

Now, the stares of the students are no longer confused, yet they look like they are witnessing a very romantic scene in front of them.

 

Well, at least for me, this is romantic enough.

 

-----

 

[Author’s POV]

 

Dara, Bom and Minji are in the cafeteria, waiting for Chae Rin when Bom spotted someone.

 

She sipped at her apple juice first before speaking, not taking her eyes off a particular person.

 

“Yah, Dara, Minji,” she called.

 

“Hmmm?” the two girls hummed and looked at her.

 

“You girls remember the guy that Chae Rin bumped into?” Bom looked at them.

 

The two nodded in response.

 

“But do you remember his friends?” she asked.

 

“What about his friends?” Minji said before biting her food.

 

“They’re here.”

 

“So?” Dara raised a brow.

 

“What ‘so?’ Haven’t you girls seen those faces? They’re a bunch of handsome dudes!” Bom exclaimed. The two seems to have no interest but Bom forced them to look at the group.

 

Dara dropped the cookie she’s eating and Minji choked on her food.

 

“Oh my gahd!” they said in chorus and looked at Bom with stars in their eyes.  The girl grinned and said, “I told you.”

 

“I like the skinny guy!  He’s so handsome… and beautiful…” Dara said while glancing at the group again.

 

“Is it me or the other guy looks like me?” Minji asked.

 

“You know who I like?” Bom caught the girls’ attention. “The tallest one with the piercing eyes.  He’s sooo handsome.”

 

While the girls are spazzing about the boys, they didn’t know that they are also the topic of discussion of the boys.

 

“Dude, I’m telling you, she’s a hottie!” Seung Hyun said while eyeing the girl with long hair and pouting lips.

 

“She’s so beautiful, just like a goddess…” Ji Yong sighed dreamily, his chin resting on his palm while staring at the petite girl with a million dollar smile.

 

“Is it just me… or the other one looks like me?” Daesung asked.

 

Youngbae, on the other hand, chuckled and said, “My friends are going crazy.  And oh, by the way,” he said that caught the attention of the three, “Where the hell is – oh, found him.  He’s one fast kid, isn’t he?”

 

“WOAH!” the three guys can’t believe what they saw.

 

The girls heard this and looked at the group.  Then they saw Chae Rin, with the guy she bumped into before, and the guy has his arms wrapped around Chae Rin’s shoulders!

 

“OMO!” they squealed, shocked like the guy’s friends.

 

“SEUNGRI!” the boys called.

 

“CHAE RIN!” the girls called as well.

 

The two looked at their friends who called them at the same time. Chae Rin blushed upon seeing the girls and bowed her head while Seungri gave the boys a grin and a thumbs up.

 

“So… uhm… yeah, see you later, Seungri,” Chae Rin said, still bowing her head and walked fast.  Totally forgetting about their “undisturbed” keychains, she dragged Seungri with her.

 

She stopped and looked back at Seungri.  Because of the sudden halt, Seungri bumped into Chae Rin.  Thankful for his fast reflexes, he held Chae Rin in the shoulders so she won’t stumble.

 

“Omo! Kyaaah~!!!” Chae Rin’s friends felt giddy with the scene they’re watching.

 

“Boom!” Seungri’s friends rejoice because of Seungri’s action.

 

“Hey.  Are you alright?” Seungri asked Chae Rin.

 

“Huh? Oh. Yeah, I’m fine. I totally forgot about this,” she said, looking at their still inseparable key chains.

 

They didn’t notice until now that the whole student body is watching them silently.  Seungri released Chae Rin like he touched something hot.

 

“Can we go to my friends first?” he said, feeling nervous and embarrassed.

 

“Okay.  Then maybe we can invite them to my friends’ table,” Chae Rin answered while they’re walking towards Seungri’s friends.

 

“Oh, they’ll love that,” Seungri whispered but it didn’t escape from Chae Rin.

 

“What did you say?” she asked.

 

“What? Oh, n-nothing. Hehe… I said it will be nice,” he stuttered.

 

-----

 

“Uhm, girls, you won’t mind right? I kinda invited them –”

 

“Of course we don’t mind! Come on, have a seat. Don’t be shy,” Bom cut off Chae Rin with a smile on her face and let the boys sit at their table.

 

And so the boys sat down (smiling from ear to ear) at the girls’ (also smiling from ear to ear) table.

 

(A/N: Here is the seating arrangement. The girls are on the right side of the table while the boys are on the left. Facing each other: Bom – Seunghyun, Dara – Ji Yong, Minji – Daesung, Youngbae – Chae Rin and Seungri beside Chae Rin. XD)

 

“We should know each other first,” Seunghyun voiced out.

 

“Hi! I’m Park Bom! You can call me Bom or Bommie or anything you want! 3rd year, Music major. Nice to meet you guys!” Bom said right after Seunghyun’s suggestion.  Seunghyun smiled, amused because of the girl named Bom.

 

“I’m Park Sandara, or Sandara Park. But I prefer to be called Dara. 3rd year, Theater Arts major. Nice to meet you.”

 

“Dara…” Ji Yong breathed that earned him a nudge from Daesung.  Dara smiled because of this.

 

“Annyeong hasseyo,” Minji bowed. “I’m Gong Minji. 1st year, Dance major –”

 

“You’re a Dance major?” the boys, except Seungri, asked in chorus.

 

“Uhm… Yeah. Please be good to me!” Minji bowed again.

 

“You’re cute,” Daesung complimented.  “We didn’t know you’re our junior.”

 

“Eh?! Oh! Mianhe sunbaenims!”

 

“You really are cute. Drop the formalities. We are going to be friends anyways,” Daesung gave Minji a smile.

 

The boys nodded.

 

“How about you? We didn’t got your name earlier when you went to our table,” Youngbae asked Chae Rin.

 

“Oh right. I’m Lee Chae Rin. 2nd year Fashion Design major. Nice to meet you.”

 

“Bom, Dara, Minji, Chae Rin,” the boys memorized in chorus while pointing to each girl.

 

“Yes! Now it’s your turn,” Bom said.

 

“Hello! I’m Choi Seunghyun. 3rd year Dance major. Nice to meet you girls.”

 

“Kwon Ji Yong here. 3rd year Dance major.”

 

“Kang Daesung. 2nd year Dance major.”

 

“Dong Youngbae. 3rd year Dance major.”

 

“Yo! I’m Lee Seunghyun, but I prefer you call me by my nickname, Seungri. 2nd year Dance major.”

 

“Seunghyun, Ji Yong, Daesung, Youngbae, Seungri. Right?” Bom asked and the boys nodded.

 

“You’re a handsome bunch!  Why didn’t I noticed you guys before?” she continued, not even feeling a bit embarrassed.

 

“Unnie!” Minji and Chae Rin warned Bom.

 

“What? I’m just stating a fact here,” she said frankly.

 

“I like you,” Seunghyun butted in with a grin.

 

“Really? Well I like you, too!” Bom answered.

 

“O~kay! So what happened with you guys?” Daesung changed the topic.  He admits his hyung is an alien.  He never thought that there will be a female version of him.

 

“Well we can’t separate our key chains,” Chae Rin said.

 

“Chae Rin-ah,” Seungri called. “Our key chains are not tangled anymore.”

 

“Mwo?” Chae Rin looked at their bags and he was right. “How did it happened?”

 

Seungri shrugged his shoulders.  He, too, don’t know.

 

“Wow. That was… cool,” Ji Yong said amazed. “It’s like someone planned it so you guys can be, you know, close, as well as our group.”

 

“Yeah, it’s like destiny,” Dara agreed.

 

“Destiny will play it’s game…”

 

Chae Rin’s heart skipped a beat.  She remembered her fortune for the second time.

 

What the hell is going on?

 

 

 

---

[A/N:]

/kneels on the floor/

I am really sorry for not updating anything for the past months! T____T Really, I'm very very sorry~ I am not planning to abandon any stories but my time is occupied by lots of things, especially school.  Being a graduating student is really hard. Though I still find time to log in on my Twitter, it's just my way of relaxing since I just let go when I'm on Twitter. I guess my writer side was on break since writing stories needs lots of thinking and my brain is already filled with financial statements and marketing plans. So I apologize~ T^T please forgive me...

Now for the story, TOPBom, DaraGon and DaeZy had cameos. Kkkk I just love these OTPs that I can't stop myself from including them. XD Don't worry, they'll just pop out every now and then, since this is a Ririn centered fic after all, everything is Ririn. Kkk