Three

Fortune Cookie

[Chae Rin’s POV]

 

“Thank you for shopping!  Have a nice day!” I bowed at the customer that just checked out in the convenience store I’m working on.  The ahjumma just smiled back at me and left.

 

Today is Sunday.  I always work full time when it is Sunday, except if I have some assignments or projects.  The owner understood my schedule and its fine with him.

 

“HaaAaAaAaH~” I yawned.  I didn’t get enough sleep last night.  The unnies and the maknae didn’t let me sleep.  We spazzed about the incident yesterday, with the guy with the cutest face I have ever seen in my entire life.

 

His black hair is shiny and it looks soft, too.  He has these dark circles under his eyes but that didn’t lessen his appeal, rather it makes him look cuter.  And his lips are red.  His smile is cute, too.  Argh!  See?! I told you, he’s too cute!

 

I was in the middle of thinking about the guy from yesterday when someone came in the grocery store.

 

He wore sunglasses so I didn’t get the chance to see if I know him or not.  I just shrugged my shoulders.

 

I was playing with my hair, twisting some strands around my finger while still imagining the cute guy from yesterday when a crazy idea popped into my mind.  I was smiling like an idiot while tying my hair into two ponytails.  After that, I checked myself in the mirror.

 

“Waah~! I look cute!  I think I’ll do this more often now,” I said to myself.

 

I took a picture of myself using my phone.  I really look cute with these ponytails! Why haven’t I thought of doing this before? Ke ke~

 

I finally saw the guy walking towards my counter.

 

“Get ready. Destiny will play its game. Right now…”

 

Woah.  Hold up.  Why did Minji’s voice saying my fortune from yesterday suddenly popped into my mind just now?

 

The customer placed down his groceries in my counter and I started to punch in the prices when he spoke.

 

“Omo!  It’s you!”

 

I looked at him with a knotted forehead.

 

“Me?” I asked and pointed myself.

 

The guy smiled. And the smile is familiar. I didn’t know why but my heart skipped a beat.

 

“Aish. You forgot already?”

 

I cocked my head to left while pouting and stared at the guy. I was really thinking that’s why I’m pouting. Then the guy took off his sunglasses.

 

My eyes widened and I straightened up. My heart is beating wildly right now… Ottoke?!?!

 

“Omo!” I gasped loudly. “It’s you! The cute – I mean the guy from last night!”

 

He smiled again. I knew he heard the ‘C’ word. Ahu~ Me and my unstoppable mouth…

 

He bowed at me. “Annyeong! It’s nice to meet you again.”

 

“Annyeong…” I answered back.

 

I AM NOT PREPARED FOR THIS.

 

“Uhm… We – I mean, I… I haven’t formally introduced myself,” he started. “I’m Lee Seung Hyun, but you can call me Seungri.”

 

He offered his hand to me.

 

“Uhm… I’m Lee Chae Rin,” I said.

 

I have no plans in shaking hands with him because he’s still a stranger. A cute stranger. Ke ke ke~

 

But I think my hand has a mind of its own! I am now shaking hands with this guy! But at the moment my hand touched his, I felt a faint electric shock that flowed throughout my body.

 

I think he felt the same because we were both staring at our clasped hands, then our gazes locked.

 

He squeezed my hand before letting it go.

 

OH. MY. GAHD.

 

I can feel my cheeks warming up so I continued my work and didn’t look at him.

 

“So… You work here. I never saw you here before. Are you new?” he asked.

 

“No. I work part time since I’m still a student,” I answered, still not looking at him.

 

“Where do you study?”

 

“Yang Hyun Suk University.”

 

“Really? We’re schoolmates then. I study there, too.”

 

I glanced at him. “You do?”

 

“Yep. I’m a second year Dance major.”

 

“We’re also in the same year,” I said smiling. “I’m a Fashion Design major.”

 

“That’s cool,” he said while grinning.

 

I finished what I was doing and placed his groceries in a plastic bag. He paid while I gave him the plastic bag. But he’s still standing there, staring at me like last night.

 

“Eherm,” I cleared my throat. That seems to snap him out of him trance.

 

“Sorry… I was just thinking if… Uhm… If I… I… Ah…”

 

“If?” I asked, curious about what he will say.

 

“If I can get your number?”

 

-----

 

[Seungri’s POV]

 

“Hyung~!” I shouted merrily once I entered our dorm.

 

My four hyungs gathered in front of me.

 

“Your back! Where’s my yanggeng?” Seung Hyun-hyung grabbed the plastic bag in my hand and went to the kitchen.

 

“Ji Yong-hyung~” I twirled around before hugging him.

 

“Omo. What’s wrong with you?” he asked.

 

“Happiness~” I released him and hugged Daesung-hyung. “Daesung-hyung~”

 

“Something’s really wrong here,” he said.

 

“Nothing’s wrong, everything is right~ Right Youngbae-hyung~” I released Daesung-hyung and spread my arms to hug Youngbae-hyung but he stepped back.

 

“Don’t you dare,” he warned but I’m unstoppable! I grabbed him and hugged him tight.

 

“Aaah!!! Have you gone homo?!” he said while trying to separate me from him.

 

I released him awhile after, and then went to the kitchen to back hug Seung Hyun-hyung, who is eating his precious yanggeng.

 

He walked to the living room with me still hugging him from behind.

 

“Yah, maknae. Why are you so clingy all of a sudden?” my hyung asked.

 

I smiled, released him from my hug and sat at the sofa. I fished my phone from my pocket and searched for the picture that made my day.

 

“What you got there?” Daesung-hyung asked.

 

“Woah! She’s the girl from last night!” Ji Yong-hyung excitedly said when he peeked at my phone and sat beside me. He draped his arm at my shoulder. My other hyungs gathered around me again and peeked at my phone.

 

“I got her number, too,” I bragged.

 

“Waah! You’re fast! How did you get her number in such a small period of time? And you also have a photo of her.”

 

I grinned. “A little flirting won’t hurt, right?”

 

“Aish. And now you know how to flirt,” he messed up my hair before standing up.

 

“I’ll be in my room if you need anything!” I informed them.

 

When I closed the door, I smiled like an idiot.  I lay on my bed and stared at her picture again. She is just so pretty. And with those two ponytails, she looked even prettier.

 

 

[flashback]

 

“If I can get your number?” I asked, feeling a bit nervous.

 

I saw her eyes became busy. “I… Uhm…” she hesitated.

 

“Oh it’s okay if you don’t want –”

 

“No, no. Its fine, I guess,” she cut me off then smiled. *sigh* I died once again.

 

She borrowed my phone and I let her type in her number,

 

“Here you go,” she handed back my phone.

 

I called her number and her phone rang. I smiled. She really gave me her number!

 

“That’s my number,” I said. “Can I ask one last favor?”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Can I take a picture of you? I tend to put the picture of the person included in my contacts.”

 

“There’s no need to take a picture of me,” she answered.

 

I felt disappointed. I really want to have a picture of her. :(

 

“I’ll just send it to you,” she added, her eyes on her phone like she’s searching for something.

 

Then my phone beeped. When I looked at it…

 

 

BOOYAH! I got a picture of my Chae Rin – wait, what? When did she become mine?

 

“Looks like you received it already. You have to return the favor though,” she said, smiling… err, let me say, seductively?

 

Is she… Is she asking for a picture of me? Is she flirting with me? Why is she smiling like that?! Waaah~!!! This is the first time I felt my heart skip its beat!!!

 

“O-okay,” I searched my phone for my BESTEST selca. When I found it, I sent it to her right away.

 

I heard her phone beeped.

 

 

She gasped and covered , her cheeks becoming red. She cleared , “T-thanks…”

 

I smiled. Her reaction is the best. I think my picture made her uncomfortable (or giddy, I wish she’s giddy. Haha!)

 

“Please don’t be mistaken by the kiss marks on my polo. That’s just the design,” I explained.

 

“Cool design,” she commented.

 

An awkward silence passed~~~

 

“Ehem… I should get going,” I said. “I’ll see you around, Chae Rin-ah. Bye.”

 

“Bye. Take care,” she waved and smiled.

 

[end of flashback]

 

*sigh*

 

This is the first time in my entire life that I’m very and strongly attracted to a girl. And to think that I just met her last night! I have had crushes before but they never affected me like this.

 

After staring at her picture a bit longer, I pressed on the ‘Options’ button and made her picture into my wallpaper.

 

So that I have every reason to use my phone.