The Day I Attend School For You

The Day I Attend School For You

 

I hold the invitation card that Yeon Hee gave this morning with thousand of questions on mind. “What is it? Who give me this card?” “I’m not sure Ha Ni, perhaps you should ask Ara. She put it on my table.” “Oh, gomawo. I wonder who.” “Open and read it,” Ara smiled and asked me to do so. “Ne…”

 

                                    CLASS REUNION GRADE 8-2 BATCH 2005

                                          YUMKWANG HIGH SCHOOL

                                             Invites you to:

                                         The first year reunion!

                             December 16th 2010, Saturday, Yumkwang Main Hall

                                        [RSVP] Lee SunJae 0129-7839-6849

 

Half of my mind was flying back to 2005 as I can’t believe upon this news and almost bursting into laugh.  Whoever people that sent me this invitation must be kidding? My high school mates were very boring to death that everyday life as a student was such a lame. I was just a common student, with or without my presence won’t affect the whole situation. And today I received this reunion card as if I want to go back to the dark world.

“Who’s that? Is it your friend’s wedding?” Ara asked me innocently. “Ah, no. It just an invitation for class gathering.” “Then you should go^^” “Thanks, but no I don’t think so.”

 

*****

The card was scrambled into my briefcase as I headed back to home after a long day in university. This is everyday’s life of a girl named Park Ha Ni, turning 23 years old this year according to international age. Passed through the music store at Kwanjoon Centre, my ears catch a brief sound of Super Junior’s No Other. And I ended up frozen myself listening to the song till the end. Something has to do with the song, or even better the singer of the song.

“I’m going. See you in Yumkwang High School this December 16th, SulHee” The phone line was hanged up. Silence. Holding the pieces of invitation card, I stared blankly at the Plasma TV in front of the music store and I saw Kyuhyun. Cho Kyuhyun.

*****

“Kyuhyun-sshi, are you going to your class reunion this 16th? You’re free at that time. I don’t mind if you’re going.” Leeteuk continued. “And to be honest I hope you’ll go. Please do your charity service as an ex-student of Yumkwang Highschool. Makes your school proud of you as a Super Junior’s member and don’t just stuck here playing S—st..”

“Hyung, I’m going.” I stamped a push-up smile to Leeteuk and he seemed to be very satisfied. Of course I’m going. This is the only chance to brag upon what I gained today. Huff. And meeting ex-classmates will be fun I guess. Who knows some of them were also a CSA? Certified Star-Craft Addict like me kkk^^

“Gonna called Myung Sun to accompany me though,” I whispered while took my phone and I see the key-chain.

 *****

 

This is it. I was standing in front of guard desk resolved into the possibilities of make it through the party or just go back home when someone knocked me on my forehead. “Ya HaNi. What is this, mumbling alone in the front door? Let us go inside together.” And he dragged me into the school territory though I was like --who the hell is this guy.

“Park Hani! Yaa, she’s here! How are you doing girl?” Buzzing upon my arrival were a group of girls wearing nice dress with a thick make-up and yeah-- “You looks slim. Kkkk. Are you on diet?” “Where are you studying now Hani? Or are you already married? Kkkk,” ---this is obvious reason why I always tried my best to not attending any class event related.

“Umm… yea ah..h I’m great. How about you guys?” Seriously I was totally screwed to the maximum for not doing any revision on school magazine last night and had a major failed of recognizing each one of my classmates name. Omo, Sulhee, where are you? Yet I still flashed a sly smile to everyone that greets me. Great disguise, Ha Ni.

Diligently sneak out to the table of food nearby when I suddenly heard a group of guys laughing loudly as if they’re in a club. “Tch. Surely a group of naughty guys….” Drink a glass of Coke. “Kyuhyun is so awesome. You really change a lot. I thought that you are going to be a Math professor or something; a singer is way too far from expectation! Hahaha”

“But I love to sing since in high school,”

 Choke. Cough. And stare.

Cho Kyuhyun stands in front of me as if I’m in the special concert where fan can greet her idol personally.

*****

“Where is the attendant list? I need to tick your entire name here. Whoever attending this meeting will get one point,” I explained briefly to my Mathematics club-mates. “Please queue here and you just need to sign at the space provided.” As the queue getting shorter and shorter, I leaned back to the chair searching for someone. He’s not here.

“He is standing outside of the door. I don’t know why he still doesn’t want to enter this room.” Sulhee sudden voice scares the craps inside me. “Shhhhh! Aish chincha. Please slow down your tone, club president is in front of us!,” “Haha why are your cheek turning red Hani? Don’t tell me that you’re shy to talk to him.” “No of course I’m not!” Bragged nonsense-ly. “Plus he never talks to any gi--,”

“Can I have a piece of paper?....” He took the pack of test pad from my hand and tear off one of it while Sulhee and I looked like a dumfounded child who saw a baby pig playing with a baby bear. He’s none other than our smart yet snarky classmates, Cho Kyuhyun. “Give back to you. Thanks a lot,”

.....

Plus he never talks nicely to any girl before this.

*****

[Kyuhyun POV]

From the corner of my eyes, I saw one girl dangerously choking with her own drink. I didn’t bother to help her since people around were busy praising my career as a singer and some taking a candid photo of me. Nod. “You’re clumsy as always. Your cheek turning red you know hahaha,”

“Excuse me?” She was trying to speak while coughing. Mumbling alone. I saw her again.

*****

“Anyone wants to stay back at class after this meeting? I want to give the past year questions of Olympiad Mathematics -----, and we can do the practice together,” Lee KwangHee, the club president suddenly asked the whole team. I was sitting next to him and trying to act as cool as I can be as I know every girl eyes in the room were looking at me. The famous MathKyu, that’s me Cho Kyuhyun. From my peripheral vision though, I saw that girl rising up her right hand innocently. She’s going, so do I.

Right hand rise above the head.

*****

[HaNi POV]

This is the only chance to ask. He’s alone at the corner. Whether he still remember me or not and I will move on with whatever decision made after this. I really have no guts to face him but foots were moving on, losing the control from brain. He stared at me as my present around him distracted his concentration.

“Hi.”

“……….”

“Do you still remember me?”

“…..why should I?”

“Oh yeah heeehe. I’m sorry. I think I mistook you as my ex-classmate,” This is it. The backup plan is to run away from him. I walked my feet fast to Sulhee.

“You’re the girl from Mathematics Club right? The one that always with Kwanghee,” Random busted from him made me freeze at the spot. I turned back to answer him. “You were always gossiping about me with your friend, Sulhee right? I knew it.”

This is bad.

[Kyuhyun POV]

I leaned a little closer to her and intently looked at her eyes as I waited for the answer. Or maybe I don’t need it. I formed a smirk on lips and saw her cheek turning into red. “You’re blushing.”

“No, I’m not.”

She’s hiding her face and tried to turn away when I suddenly said “Stop!” Bapoya Kyuhyun. You make it too obvious. I just want to make her stay here. Now what?

[Hani POV]

Now what? I never thought that this thing going to happen on the day I embraced my fear to face him. Please don’t ask any weird questions anymore or I’ll end up running from this place.

“You didn’t remember my name didn’t you? We never talked when we were in the meeting,” The only reason why I never got a chance to speak to him was because he was way too narcissistic (like now). Yet the main reason for the girls to join our Mathematics club was solely based on him. He’s way too perfect in everything except his snarky personalities I guess.

“You were always with Kwanghee. I thought you liked him.” Duh, this guy is so random.

“Do I look like the one who like Kwanghee? I’m the secretary of the club, of course I’ll be with him always,” Pout.

“Yes you look like one crush girl. Tell me then, who’s the guy?” This is a trap. I saw him displayed a devious grimace on his lips. Kyuhyun, you’re killing me.

 

“Nope he wasn’t you,” Bitter.

“He wasn’t me. He is me. Am I right?” Giggled with own thought.

*****

 Passing the school café, I stood upon the table while searching for his black bag. Today is the last day in school after the long university entrance examination. And I made something memorable I guess, a small key-chain for Kyuhyun. This thing sounds really stupid and childish, at least for Sulhee as I didn’t sleep for the pass 2 days just to finish the thing.

I reach the zip of the bag carefully as I saw his black bag at the corner of the wall. “Cho Kyuhyun, please keep this and always remember me. No matter how far you’ll go, no matter what things you going to do, please remember that I’ll always support you. Cho Kyuhyun hwaiting!” I was making an innocent wish in front of his bag when I heard someone laughed behind me. “What are you doing here HaNi? Praising to God?” “Yaa, Myungsun, you’re busy body.”

[Kyuhyun POV]

And I saw her putting the key-chain as I stand beside the wall.

*****

“Seriously, you really need to make up a good reason to avoid me. I’m capable to put you off by word; I am good in everything…” Kyuhyun whispered. “Bapoya Park Hani. I was here all the time. Can’t you see me? The one who stayed back when others don't? Been here all along, giving you hint, talking to you NICELY. I look for you when everyone don't and you are still standing stiff there, pretending like I'm a wood or what?! My school days were literally ends up with all about you..."

I stood still. Is he.. revealing his feeling to me?

"Just confess it."

"Yaa~! Why should I? You should finish your own rambling!" I was screwed when he asked me to confess. Aigoo this guy chincha. Should I facepalming? And I knew I'm blush--

"You're blushing. And I know the reason why," He finished it with a smirk. Darn this guy.

"For all the happiness you brought into my school days life, I wish you a millions of thanks. For all the bad thing you brought into my school days life, I wish you a millions of thanks. And for all the things happened in our school days, you can calculate the damage and claim it back, Kyuhyun-sshi. I--"

"I've calculate it, such a wasting of time. Redeem it using your heart."

"As you wish, MathKyu." I saw his face. Stiff and cool.

"And you're blushing Cho Kyuhyun." He smiled. And I smiled.

 

 

[p/s1: my first fan-fic, i got the idea because my classmates keep on asking for a reunion]

[p/s2: comment is love :) thanks for reading]