Final

Rain Drop

Sighing heavily, Kyuhyun walked slowly to his apartment, enjoying the autumn breeze that somehow calmed down his heart. It was still 4 in the evening, yet the sky looked bit darker than usual. It seemed like even the sky knew how Kyuhyun felt at the moment. It was one of those days, the day when he felt awful and everything just didn’t seem right anymore after he broke up with his boyfriend.

Taking a deep breath and trying to calm his heart, he walked with his mind thinking about the person who lived so far away. Who lived in the world Kyuhyun would never fit in. He cursed silently, the day should be one of his best day. He just got the news from the college that he had passed the graduation exam with the highest score. He shouldn’t be upset, he should be happy. He should spend the night with his friends, celebrating their graduation and had some fun. But every joy he felt was crumbling down when he heard about the news. The subject of the news? It’s no other than Siwon, Choi Siwon.

Choi Siwon, was coming back to Korea.

So here he was. Spending time alone, walking back to his apartment. Rejected his friends’ offer to celebrate their graduation and choose to be left alone, so he could try to control his heart.

Kyuhyun was still walking slowly, still thinking about the only person who managed to catch his heart and mind until now even after 3 years of separating from each other, when suddenly the heavy rain fell from the sky. He stopped  for a while, glanced at his coat that got wet from the rain drops. Besides him, people were running here and there, trying to save themselves from getting wet or trying to get to their destination as fast as possible. But he was still there, standing still, and let the rain drops fell to his body. Instead of running away, he lifted his head, looking at the sky that seemed to understand his feeling.

 

Suddenly the rain pours on my head

Without a word, I will get wet

 

He walked again, in the middle of heavy rain. But to him, it’s okay, his clothes were already wet anyway. Taking glance at his surrounding, he remembered that person again, his ex, Choi Siwon. The road he was walking on was the same road with the one Siwon and him used to walk on whenever Siwon walked him home from their university. Usually, he would prefer use bus to avoid his memory about the handsome young man who used to be his lover. But today, he missed that guy with dimples on his cheeks greatly. And he just wanted to see him, even if it was only in his memories. Even if he was only recalling all the memories he had, even if his heart would break again after that. But the only thing he knew, he just wanted to remember about that guy whom he loved so much. And his memories flied back to several years ago, to the moment when for the first time they walked together to his apartment.

“Oh, come on hyung! Can we just use the bus instead?” Kyuhyun unconsciously pouts, clearly looking upset at his lover decision to walk back home together. Meanwhile, the guy whom Kyuhyun calls ‘hyung’ just smiles widely.

“Please Kyu.. Can we just walk? It’s not that far anyway, right?” Siwon says while grinning, showing his dimple cheeks which usually works for a stubborn Kyuhyun. Apparently, Kyuhyun is way too stubborn for today that even the dimples and Siwon’s puppy eyes can’t change his mind.

“My answer is no and please don’t give me that look” Kyuhyun glares at Siwon. “If you wanna trouble yourself, please just do it alone. No need to ask me, I prefer the easy way. Im going home by bus” He says while turns around to a different direction.

“Kyuhyun-ah, wait” Siwon grabs Kyuhyun’s hands, prevent him from walking any further. “Hey, turn around please”

Kyuhyun turns around and see the tenderness in Siwon’s eyes that makes his heart beats a little faster and something flips in his stomach.

“I just want to spend more time with you. You know exactly how we almost have no time for each other because of our schedule. When we get more time to be together just like this, I just want to spend it longer with you. Besides, it will be fun to enjoy the evening walking hand in hand, right?” Siwon smiles softly, hands still holds Kyuhyun’s.

“Sigh. Okay” Kyuhyun answers after a long pause. “But you will be responsible if I get tired and can’t finish my assignments today.” He says coldly, while looking away. Trying to hide his blush because of his lover’s words.

“Kajja! Let’s go home!” Siwon grins widely and ruffles Kyuhyun’s soft dark brown hair. He holds Kyuhyun’s hands tighter and starts to walk together.

A single tear fell from the caramel-like obsidian without he realized it.

 

The memory is falling down

Along the tears, just like a fool

 

He walked again, though his apartment was still far and there’s no sign that the rain would stop anytime soon. His clothes were totally drenched by now and he started to feel cold, but he didn’t even care.

 

The road to home, still there’s a long way to go

I have no umbrella, it seems like I’ll only catch a cold

 

He stopped again when he saw two lovers were running, trying to save themselves from the heavy rain. Again, his mind flied back to several years ago.

They were both walking hand in hand like usual. Talking about everything when suddenly a heavy rain fell from the sky.

“Hyung!! It’s raining!” Kyuhyun unconsciously yells and immediately takes off his coat and wraps it to his bag. Trying to save his precious laptop from getting wet.

“God Kyu! What are you doing? You’ll get sick later” Siwon takes off his long coat, and uses it as a shield to protect both of them from the rain drops. “Let’s find a place and wait till the rain stops”

“No, hyung! My apartment is already close, let’s just run until there, arachi?” Kyuhyun doesn’t even wait for Siwon’s reaction and starts running. While Siwon tries to catch up with him and protect him using his coat.

A small smile formed on his lips, remembering the first time they ran together in the middle of the heavy rain.

 

If I have you on this road leading to that place

Although I’ll get wet, still it’s good

 

The milky white skin guy once again looked up to the sky.

 

Oh rain drop, Oh rain drop

Love is so heartless

Oh rain drop, Oh rain drop

Love is like raindrop

Coldly, it drenches me

Will I catch a cold that gives me pain just like that time when you left me?

 

Again, his mind flied back without him controlling. This time, to the moment when Siwon hurt him. When his happiness stopped. To the day that still hurt him even until several years later.

“Kyuhyun-ah” Siwon calls him softly.

“Ne?” Kyuhyun looks up to Siwon with his curious eyes. There’s something wrong with his boyfriend. Siwon has been acting strange lately though it’s hard to be seen. But being an observant boyfriend he is, he can see it clearly. That something’s troubling Siwon’s mind. It’s been happening since 2 months ago, but he decided he will wait. Siwon will tell him anyway if he is ready. And it seems like today is the day. “What’s wrong? Are you making any trouble again?” Kyuhyun rolls his eyes playfully, trying to down the tension that his boyfriend’s feeling.

“It’s.. about..” Siwon sighed heavily. And the rest of his words feels like a nightmare to Kyuhyun. “Let’s break up”

Kyuhyun laughs bitterly. Among the worst scenario that had  been passed his mind, clearly this is not the one he ever think of. Heck, even the idea of them parting away is never crossed inside his mind.

“Please, don’t joke like this. It’s not funny, okay?” Kyuhyun shakes his head and chuckles. But a single tear run down on his milky white cheeks.

“It’s not a joke, Kyu. Im being serious. I don’t think I can continue this anymore. Im sorry.” Siwon looks away, he can’t stand seeing a crying Kyuhyun. Even if he is the cause of it.

“Why hyung?” Kyuhyun whispers softly. “What’s wrong? Is it because of the scholarship you’ve got? I think we had discussed about this, right? I told you I’m okay, I will be okay even if you will leave me to France for 4 years! , even if you leave me for 10 years I will still wait for you!” His voice is gradually increasing. “You still love me, right? Dammit, look at my eyes and tell me the truth CHOI SIWON!” He yells out loud, with the tears run down on his cheeks.

Siwon looks at Kyuhyun’s eyes deeply. He looks at the caramel-like obsidian that used to make him fall more for the younger boy in front of him. He doesn’t want to hurt him more, but the words slip from his mouth just like that “Im sorry. I never doubt you Kyu. I know you will wait for me. But it’s myself that Im worrying about. I doubt of myself, my feeling. My heart, will it still be yours when I come back? I don’t know. How will you feel if you’ve waited for me for long time but then I don’t love you anymore when I’m back? It will be best if we end it now. Im sorry Kyu, Im leaving.” Siwon turns around and starts walking, leaving a shock Kyuhyun who’s still trying to understand what’s happening.

Slowly, the tears he’s trying to hold back is running down on his cheeks. He put his hands on his mouth, trying to hold back his sobs. But it’s useless, because the tears won’t stop falling as the cries go even louder. It seems like the sky is on his side, when suddenly, a heavy rain fall from the sky, hiding his crying voice, hiding his tears that seem will never stop. He’s getting wet from the rain drops, but he doesn’t care anymore. His heart still too hurts for him to care about anything around him.

Kyuhyun took a deep breath, wiping his face that was wet from the rain and his own tears. 3 Years had passed since then, but he felt like it was just happen yesterday. He still remembered clearly the hurt, the lonely feeling he felt. Even after 3 years, he couldn’t move on.

He looked down at his shoes and sighed again. His heart hurt, broken, but he couldn’t deny that he still had hope for that man. He still missed that man. He still loved that man. And he, who got hurt because of that man, still prayed for him. For Siwon’s happiness, though he had left him alone.

A small bitter smile could be seen on Kyuhyun’s face. Even after all this time, he still held on to his promise, that he would always love Siwon whatever happened between them. Even after all this time, his heart still belonged to him. Even after all this time, he still cried because of him. Even after all this time, he still hoped for Siwon to come back to his side. If that happened for real, if Siwon really back to his side, he promised he would forget everything that had happened and started everything from the start. He chuckled bitterly, then again, hoping Siwon to be back to him was like hoping to see a falling star on a sunny day. It’s Impossible.

 

By incosiderate words you said easily

Even if it fills my heart with painful wounds

If I have you and you have me in your heart

I want to run with these soaking feet

 

He wiped the tears on his face and tried to cheer himself. He had been melancholic enough for today. He wanted to continue his walk when the sight in front of him almost made him got a heart attack. There, in front of him was the man he had been thinking about.

Choi Siwon, standing in the middle of the rain with a big black umbrella that used to cover them both back then from the heavy rain. He was standing still there, looking at Kyuhyun with the emotion that Kyuhyun couldn’t read.

Kyuhyun chuckled again, feeling himself must be imagining things because he missed that man so much. He closed his eyes and rubbed it a bit before opening them again, hoping that Siwon’s figure would be missing. But it wasn’t happening, instead of missing, Siwon walked closer to his direction and stopped when he was right in front of him. Siwon’s big umbrella covered them both from the rain, just like the old days.

“Why did you walk in the middle of the rain? Is it still your habit to not bring any umbrella, just like back then?” Siwon said it softly, with the tenderness on his eyes that wasn’t missed by Kyuhyun’s eyes.

“Siwon hyung..” the voice which came out from his mouth was more like a whisper. He couldn’t say anything, still couldn’t believe that Siwon was back and now standing in front of him. A single tear escaped from his caramel-like obsidian.

“Ne, Kyuhyun-ah. Im back…” Siwon said it softly.

Kyuhyun closed his mouth with both his hands. Trying to hold back his tears, hold back the emotions that was slowly coming to the surface. Those emotions that was always hide deep down his heart for these years.

“Kyuhyun-ah” Siwon called him softly, just like back then. And it was all that Kyuhyun needed. He hugged the hguy in front of him tightly, not wanting to let him go again.

“I missed you” he whispered on the older’s chest. He didn’t know if he was dreaming or just imagining things, but he felt it clearly. Siwon’s big hands hugged him back even tighter, and he heard it clearly. The words Siwon whispered to his ear.

“I missed you too”

And everything seemed doesn’t matter anymore. The important thing was Siwon’s back on his side, hugging him tightly just like before.

 

Oh rain drop, Oh rain drop

Love is so heartless

Oh rain drop, Oh rain drop

Love is like raindrop

Coldly, it drenches me

Will I catch a cold that gives me pain just like that time?

 


a/n: Hello to you guys.. :)
English isnt my primary language. And to be honest I dont speak english well, my grammar and vocabs still , but this fic is translated by me. So please bear with it and Im sorry for any mistakes..

oh well, I was inspired by a wonkyu fanvid that was made by one of my fav author. The first time I heard IU's Rain Drop, and cant help to fall for it.. :')

So yeah, feel free to leave any advice. 
Have a good day :)

 

-kyu0306-