Memories - I

It's The Way You Make Me Feel

A.N: Two-shot story. The italic words mean flashback


I opened my eyes but suddenly shut it down again as the brightness from somewhere felt like poking my eyes out. I thought there were hundreds of knife stabbed my whole body. I felt pain and rigid. I tried to shift my body but only made a groan escaped from my mouth. My left arm felt like dying, so i lifted my right arms to massage my head only to find bandage covered my head.

Again, i tried to open my eyes slowly making it adapted by the surrounding with blinked it many times. After i did it, i found myself lying on a bed with full-white colored room. Where am i? But the thought only worsened my headache. I groaned again. I took a look to my body and saw another bandage covered my left arm until its wrist. What happened to me?

“Eric, you’re awake?!” a sudden woman’s shout made my head turned to her. I saw a middle-aged woman was looking at me with palms covered and tears glittered on her eyes, “Oh, Eric! My dear.”

I tried my best to recognize who she is. But, again it only brought another stabbed feel to my head as someone tried to split my head. I closed my eyes tightly; everything went blank. I couldn’t remember anything.

“Who are you?” i asked to the woman who was now holding and rubbing my hand softly. The voice that came from my mouth could be considered as a whisper since i felt my throat dry like i had been in desert for days.

The woman looked so much surprised, “Eric-ah, you don’t know me?”

Hesitantly, i shook my head. A tears followed by another tears came from her eyes and it hurt my heart. I didn’t know why, but it hurt.

“You can’t remember me? I`m your mom, sweetheart,” her tears came more profusely. Guilt was crawling up to my stomach, i knew it wasn’t my fault, or was it? But was it my fault for suddenly losing everything on my head? I even couldn’t remember who i was. I placed my hand on top of her and squeezed it softly.

“I’m sorry, but i can’t,” no respond from her. The woman who called as my mom stood up and abruptly walked out from room. I let out a big sigh tried to get rid something weighed my chest. I just had my second big inhale when my mom came in followed by a man with white coat.

The man plugged in his stethoscope and started examine my body began from my chest.

“This is what i scared about, Mrs. Mun,” the man started speak after placed back his stethoscope lingering his neck, “he got a big bump on his head at the accident, seems like he is losing his memories. I`m going to proceed an advance examine to know this amnesia is temporary or permanently. But his body is on a well condition.”

 He gave a light tap to mom’s shoulder before stepped out. I took a look at her face which was painted by traces from tears and saw a sweet smile plastered on it.

“It’s okay, Eric. You will regain your memories back.”

---

It had been six months after i woke up from a week of my unconsciousness (as my mom said). I had become a quiet person; rarely gave my body out from my room (at my home, as my mom said). I always sat on a chair near my room’s window. My left arm was broke and it hard for me to do many things alone.

Many people came and told me as my relatives, family, or friends whom i supposed to know. Slowly, i tried to remember all their names, but failed. So i decided to learn from the beginning. But, strangely, something’s missing. Every time i sat up on my chair, beside took a look at the window; i sometimes glanced at the door. I didn’t know why, but my body was searching and waiting for something or someone to come.

I gave up figuring it out by myself after my nights were decorated with some strange dreams. A dream that i remembered the most was about me driving a car with someone, who i couldn’t see his/her face, sat on the passenger seat. I remembered clearly, i was chatting and chuckling happily with that someone before everything went blank.

I curled my fingers together on my lap. My mom stood in front of me; peeled an apple for me after i had my dinner. Maybe she know, i thought, there’s nothing wrong if i give it a try.

“Mom,” my mom lifted her head from the apple, “i want to ask something.”

She smiled as usual, “drop it, honey.”

I cleared up my throat, “When the accident happen, was i in the car, alone?”

She looked straight to my eyes. From her expression i knew she must be had been hiding her sadness.

“Do you remember something, dear?” i shook my head.

“No, i just, had some strange dreams about me and someone in the car.”

Mom put the knife on the table along with the apple. This conversation might be more important to her beside just an apple. I saw she breathe deeply before reached out her hand to touch mine.

“No, you didn’t,” my confused face was might be easily read by her, “You didn’t alone in that car, dear. You were with your….friend? A male friend.”

I nodded twice before drop another question, “Where is he now?”

“He’s dead. Two or three days after the accident.”

I gulped my saliva, tried to swallow a clung inside my throat. What with this feel? Why i feel like losing someone really important to me? I didn’t know, or couldn’t for exact, who was this man for sure. But the fact that he was dead and it was because of the accident, with me, was stabbing my chest.

I didn’t know when my mom left the dining table or it just me who was busy let my mind going everywhere after mom shoved a paper to me.

“Go to that address. I think it will help you a little for regain your memories.”

I nodded and hold the paper tightly with my right hand.

---

My steps brought me here. To a grave. I saw a not-a-long grave with little grass grown on it. I squatted and started to rub the land. There were still a lot of flowers, although had little bit dry already. I read the name on the stone, it felt familiar.

“Shin Hyesung.”

Letting those words came from my mouth made my head heavy. I started to feel dizzy.

Then i saw a picture between the flowers, i took it and gasped. It was picture of me and someone, that i knew immediately, who was buried inside this grave.

And a scene appeared on my mind, like someone played it.

It was dark. The night plastered with not too many stars. The air of my surrounding was filled with noise from people shouting. I realized i lied on something hard. I turned my head to my right and i saw him. Hyesung. He lied on the street on his stomach facing me. His looks was terrible with a flow of blood covered his face from his forehead through to his cheek.

I forced myself to crawl to him with one arm. I couldn’t feel my left arm at all. I panted heavily after i arrived in front of him. I touched his face and soothed it slowly. He opened his eyes and smiled.

“Eric,” i closed my ear to him since i barely hear his voice at this crowd, “i forgot-“

I couldn’t hear any more as a ring buzzed in my ear. My head felt dizzy, too hurt for me to endure it. I groaned at the pain. But, i forced myself to get rid of it. I was afraid, afraid that it would be the last time i could hear his voice.

“I forgot fasten my seatbelt as you told me,” he chuckled, “I’m stupid.”

That was the last word i hear before everything went blank. I fell to the street, gave up to my headache and gained my unconsciousness.

I didn’t how far and fast i ran when i almost fainted out because of no air on my lungs. I stood up here, in front of a white door, holding my chest. It felt so tight, not only because of lack of air, but also the incurable hurt that i got after i remembered everything.

Everything about him. Shin Hyesung, my lover.

I still panted heavily but my right arm already lifted and knocked the door. I could hear wild beat from my heart till my ear caused of lack of oxygen and nervousness. No respond from back of the door. I knocked once again and this time the handle turned.

My lungs already filled with enough air, so i could stand up properly when i saw a woman popped her head from the door. She looked surprised. I kneeled in front of her immediately and lowered my head.

“Auntie, I`m sorry…I really sorry,” seriously, i wanted to cry but no tears came out. And it only made my chest tightened even more. I didn’t have any braveness to lift my head. But a touch at my shoulders deleted my fears. I saw her face was full of water that already left trace at her cheeks. A smile from her hurt me more. That smile, reminded me much of his smile. And it hurts.

“Eric, stand up, dear,” her little force at my shoulders were enough to make me stand, “Look at you. Hyesungie will be happy to see you this healthy again.”

God, why my tears didn’t want to come out? I barely able to speak, the urge to cry left in my throat and it choked me.

I stepped in to Hyesung’s house. I remembered, i supposed to be here six months ago with him beside me.

“What with that nervous expression, Eric-ah?” a teased came from Hyesung’s small lips. I snorted. His tease wasn’t really effective to prevent my heart jumped out from my chest. It still beat wildly, “Ya, this is not your first time to come to my house, though.”

“Your house is my second house, Sungie. But, come to there to tell your parents about our relationship, it’s exactly my first time.”

He laughed. I looked at him in disbelief. Did he really think this as a joke? I’d rather being at backstreet relationship than being killed at his father’s hand.

“I’d told you. There was no problem with my parents,” he responded exactly answered the words at my mind, “Do you know how happy my mother is when i told her about you?”

I loosened my hand’s grip a steering wheel as i started thinking about Hyesung’s mom reaction every time i came to her house. I grinned at Hyesung and focused again at street in front of me. He chuckled.

“How about your father? I afraid he changed his mind about me after today,” he chuckled again.

“Then, why? If he changed his mind, and start to dislike you, you will leave me?”

“I’d rather go to hell than life without you,” now he punched my arm. I stared at him, “Then how about you? Will you leave me if your father disliking me?”

He shrugged his shoulder, “Maybe?”

I gasped and pouted. Again, he chuckled. My Hyesungie was extremely at happy mood tonight and i didn’t want to ruin it. I grabbed his left hand and put it on my lap, “Don’t you dare to leave me. It’s better if you throw me into the fire than let me life without you.”

He rolled his eyes and laughed, “How egoist. If you die, then how about me? Life without you is killing me slowly, Ric-ah. Remember it, if you not- ERIC WATCH OUT!”

I was still busy looking at him when i felt a huge bump from my left side. Then, everything went dark.

TBC.

 

A.N: I should slapped my head for two reasons. First, please, don't kill me for making Hyesung die here. :(

second, i wrote at my description i will make ONE-SHOT stories, but here i am, making another two-shots. :| (should change my description, like right now!)

I'm in the mood for making angst story thanks to  shinfly  and clumsyblue (where is my gold coin?). 

And, i want to say, HAPPY EID MUBARAK for you guys all! ^^ hope we can be a better person for the next next next months. ^^

I want to throw another love for my upvoter

floppybeib

thank you so much.

Until the next story, please leave your comment, do subscribe, and maybe upvote too (those all encourage me a lot! ^^)