Chapter 6

Amnesia method

Xia was absent today. Taekwoon and I ate lunch together as usual when she's absent, and I already told him everything and he just nodded. it's okay, I'm actually used to it. He won't say anything unless it'll actually solve the problem or the question.

Luckily, I didn't run into Hakyeon after what happened this morning. 

 

Finally, it was time for class to end. I was thinking if I should go home with Taekwoon as usual or with Sanghyuk. "Will you watch football training?" Taekwoon suddenly asked.

"Oh right, it's monday" Taekwoon is part of Hakyeon's club which is dance and he's also part of the football team, obviously there are days that he skips dancing and attends training.

 

Taekwoon did not look away, obviously waiting for my answer. "Uhmmm, sure. but treat me dinner!" I said and smiled. He just looked away and started walking. that's a No.

 

"Yah Taekwoon-ah!" I said, grabbed my bag and followed him. When I was finally walking beside him, he stopped and looked at me, his eyes and expression says it all.

"Alright alright I won't ask you to treat me! I was just joking~" I said, with that he nodded and started walking again.

--------

Watching taekwoon play was always fun, He's the best! but sometimes when it's too long, I do something else. I tried opening a book and read but it was already dark so I decided to play games on my phone.

after a while, I felt someone sit beside me. I can't look up, I have to beat my 2fuse highscore!

 

"Training's done?" I asked, still playing.

"Dance practice? Yeah." he said

"mmhmmm." I nodded................... wait.

 

 

 

 

Dance practice????

 

 

 

 

I looked up and gasped.

"W-what are you doing here" I said. It was Hakyeon. 

 

Why must this happen! just when I'm not thinking of the confession and forgot what happened this morning! Why can't he just go away and leave me alone!

 

"finished dance practice and saw you sitting here alone." He said

"I can sit anywhere I want and alone if I want to." I said. Okay, my words sound annoyed.

"I know that. Are you waiting for Taekwoon?" 

 

I didn't answer. Why ask when you know exactly what I'm doing. Me and Xia wait for Taekwoon all the time! Why is he even talking to me now after what happened.

He stayed quiet when I didn't answer him. I heard the team clapping and looked at them. they're done. I saw Taekwoon wiping his sweat and told myself to stand up and talk to him, look out for his things while he takes a short shower and then go home after.

I stood up and grabbed my things. I didn't say anything, I just started walking away.

 

"Hey wait up" I heard him say but I did not stop until I felt him grab my wrist "I have to apologize and I have something to tell you" He said

"Apologize? for what?" I said and looked up at him.

"You know... about what happened last time" He said.

 

I blinked "What happened last time?"

"............ the confession." 

"Oh! Who confessed?" I said and tilted my head. Ugh it naturally came out from my mouth. This is not supposed to happen, I'm supposed to act normal and move on but here I am trying to be sarcastic and acting like I have amnesia and forgot everything!

 

"_____, I--"

"What happened to the confession?" I asked, trying to look like I don't know anything. and he just stayed quiet "Oh my! did you reject someone?" 

"Look I'm so--"

"Well that ." I said, pushing his hand away. I turned around and started walking. 

 

If he felt sorry, he doesn't have to tell me. He's just making me feel like a loser. and ugh this is stressing me out!! everything I said just came out without thinking about it!!

 

"Hey Taekwoon!" I said, trying to sound cheerful.

"What happened back there?" He asked and I looked back, Hakyeon was standing there for a bit and walked away.

"Nothing hapenned" I smiled

"He looks like you just bullied him" Taekwoon said but changed the topic anyway "Please look out for my things, I'll be out in 10mins" He said and I nodded.

 

 

I sat down beside Taekwoon's bag and sighed. I turned my head and looked back to where I was sitting a while ago, where Hakyeon popped out all of a sudden. 

Thinking about what I just did... I realized it was a bit mean... but it actually felt good when I was saying those things to him.

 

 

 

maybe I should always do that? be sarcastic and all. And taekwoon said hakyeon looked like I bullied him. well that's a good one too ha ha!