Chapter 4

Fangirl Mom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

I came home last night feeling so sober yet my head was spinning. It is still. I can’t shake off the things I heard last night. It was like all the dominoes I carefully lined up was messed up with just a single mistake.

 

 

How could I not know such important information? How could Dara not tell me? How could Minho not warn me when he knew what I was doing?

 

 

An anger started to bubble in my chest. “Uggggh!” And Seunghyun hyung! How could he stir my already jumbled brain last night?

 

 

As soon as Minho left, all of my members’ eyes are on me. Of course! They knew I’m planning to pursue Dara. Despite the complicated life we have, I decided to give it a shot. But what just happened?

 

 

Seunghyun hyung tapped my shoulder. “I guess you should think this more, Ji. It’s a different story now. She got a baggage with her.” I raked my hair because what he said was true. “And, girls like her, I mean a single mom, they are not just looking for a fling Jiyong, they are looking for a serious relationship. One that could accept their past; that would end to a family. Are you ready to give that to her?”

 

 

All the booze I took earlier was nothing to this. This is making my brain hurt. “I don’t know hyung. I’ll sleep it off. Maybe I will have a clearer brain tomorrow.” And with that, I left them and went home with so many questions in my brain.

 

 

It’s not easy to unlike a person, especially Dara. She is so innocent, so genuine. But I guess I was fooled. She lied to me. I asked her why she’s not in a relationship and she told me it is not her priority! Of course, her daughter is on top. Why did she lie? Ah no. She didn’t. She didn’t lie. She omitted that part. But still, she could have told me.

 

 

I want to be mad at her but I can’t. She doesn’t even owe me an explanation in the first place.

 

 

I thought of the things hyung told me last night. Am I ready to be in a serious relationship? I am. But am I ready for a relationship with a single mom and settle down? I don’t think I am.



 

 

--



 

 

Dara’s POV


 

Sunday is laundry day and Ashi day. That is our usual routine. Sunday morning we load our laundry and help eomma cleaning the house while waiting for time to pass. Afternoon, we are having a mother-daughter bonding. We sometimes go to mall, go to the park or just stroll around.

 

 

Last week, I bail out in our routine and promised Ashi I will make it up for her this weekend. So today, I was planning to bring her at the amusement park after we had our lunch. I already told her today would be a surprise for her. This will be her first time to go there.

 

 

I got an extra money because of the overtime we had. The company paid us since it is not counted for the hours that will be credited in our internship.

 

 

She is already preparing with eomma while I fold our clothes. I can hear her giggles inside the en suite bathroom.

 

 

We will have our lunch in the restaurant two blocks from YG building. Minho and I discovered it while we are trying to find a ramen shop around the area. The restaurant is just new so it is not that crowded plus the food is really delicious and there’s a corner for kids where they could play. Durami is supposed to go with us to lunch but she mentioned something about her boyfriend in a hospital and it’s her duty to take care of him so we asked Sanghyun to drive us there.

 

 

“Mommy, uncle is here!” Ashi shouted running towards me. “We’re going!”

 

 

“Yeah yeah. Don’t jump around.” I took my phone and went outside with her. “Kiss goodbye now to grandma.”

 

 

“Granma we will go now. Bye!” And she kissed eomma before rushing to the car. Sanghyun already prepared the baby seat for Ashi. “Eomma, we’ll be back by evening. We will just take a cab if Sanghyun can’t pick us up, don’t bother appa anymore.” She just nod and I kissed her cheek also before entering in the passenger seat.

 

 

“Are you sure you don’t want to join us for lunch?” I asked Sanghyun again.

 

 

“I want to, noona, but I need to go somewhere. I’ll join you next time, my treat.”

 

 

“No taking back, we’ll expect thaaaaat?” Sanghyun barely treat us, so when he say that, we always hold on to that. When we arrived, Sanghyun took Ashi from the back seat and walked us to the entrance of the restaurant.

 

 

“Kiss for uncle.” Ashi giggled to her uncle and kissed his cheek and Sanghyun kissed her both cheeks. “Go to mommy now. Take care!”

 

 

“Take care uncle Sanghyuuuuuun!!” I always laugh at these two when they say goodbye to each other. They are saying it like they are not going to see each other for months. We entered the restaurant and unexpectedly saw TOP inside.

 

 

“Eomo! Annyeong! TOP-ssi are you here with Bom?”

 

 

“Ani. I’m meeting someone here. Take a seat!” TOP pulled the two chairs in front of him. Aigoo! These men are so chivalrous! “Is that your kid?” He motioned to Ashi beside me.

 

 

“Yeah! This is my daughter, Ashi.” I urged my daughter to stand on the chair to greet him.

 

 

“Annyeonghaseyo! Je ireumeun Park Rahee imnida.” (My name is Park Rahee.) She bowed like she always do when we asked her to introduce herself. “Jeoneun set sal imnida. Pangapseumnida!” (I am 3 years old. Nice to meet you!)

 

 

“Aigoo! Such a cute kid!”

 

 

“Kamsahamnida ahjussi!” Ashi replied when she heard TOP’s compliment which made him laugh.

 

 

“Aigoo Dara! What have you done to your child?”



 

 

--


 

 

 

Ji’s POV


 

I was waiting for TOP hyung to arrive before I enter the restaurant. This is our usual meet up place since there’s only few people who are coming here. I already talked to him about my decision on the phone but he insisted that we should meet so we can heal my quote-broken heart-unquote and have a boy’s night out again, which in my opinion is his way to make Bom noona jealous because she’s spending lesser time with him due to our schedules. Can he really blame her by doing her job properly? I seriously can’t understand hyung sometimes.

 

 

I was waiting inside my car when someone came; not the one I’m waiting though. It was Dara who came out from the passenger seat, and a guy came out from the driver’s seat. It was not Minho. Hmm. He opened the back seat and leaned inside, then a child came out with him. Wait. Is that Dara’s daughter? She’s pretty from afar. No doubt where she got her looks. And who is that guy? Is that the father of her child? But he looks younger than her! Heck! He looks younger than me! AND they got the same facial features.

 

 

“When the couples looked like each other, they are destined!”

 

 

I remember one of the dancer said that. Is that true? But Dara said she doesn’t have a boyfriend. Did they broke up? But why are they together now? Or are they just civil with each other?

 

 

The child kissed the guy’s cheek and giggled then he left. That’s it? H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter