On mission .

Unfriend you .
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Right ... he isn't going to pick up .

You sighed and bit your lips as you ended the call . Plopped down your bed , praying that it's actually nothing , EXO were playing Truth or Dare , EXO were playing video games and ... Baekhyun is actually asleep . Not wanting to shed a single tear because you know nothing is actually going to happen . You're just paranoid . Or maybe another reason , perhaps ?

 

Night goes by and it’s Saturday morning now . You got up and the first thing got to your mind .

Your phone , of course .

You reached for your phone and unlocked it but to your disappointment , there’s still no reply from Baekhyun . 

What a bad day to start .

“Jihae , are you up ?” Your mum knocked on your door several times . Got down the bed and stumbled to the door , “y-yes mum ?”

“Quickly wash up ~ You’ve gotta help me with the errands !”

You nodded and went to wash up .

 

While running the errands by your mum , you saw the junk food that you and Baekhyun love the most . You grabbed two packets of Lays and went to the cashier to settle the payment .

“Hah , I bet he’s gonna love it ~” You bounced and skipped home , even though the groceries are heavy .

As you reached the door step , you saw three pairs of shoes . You titled your head as you looked at the sneakers .

“Isn’t that Baekhyun’s ?”

You took a deep breathe and stepped into your house . “Umma , Appa , I’m home !” , you shouted . Your mum’s head popped out of the kitchen and smiled , “oh ! Aunt Misun’s here too !”

You nodded as you stepped into the kitchen , “hello Aunt Misun ! Hello Uncle Taehyun !” As the elders went to the living room .

Then Baekhyun turned and looked at you .

“Ey Byun Baek ! Why didn’t you tell me that you’re coming just now !” You skipped to him and nudged his hip .

He forced a smile , “forgot to .”

Your eyes widened . He never ever forgets . But still , you remained your smile , “eyyy must be Chanyeol not letting you to sleep last night ! Anyway , I got your favourite ! LAYSSSS !”

Sure , his eyes did shine for a moment but he just gave you a fade smile , “thank you .” You stared at him for awhile , wanting to ask him if there’s anything bothering him . But he broke the silence .

“I’ll need the washroom .”

Why the formalities ?

“O-Oh okay …” You could just give him your bestest smile . You bit your lips and started to help out for the dinner later . You started cutting the sashimi but in your mind , you couldn’t stop thinking about Baekhyun , though the fact that he’s at your house already . But … that isn’t the Baekhyun that you’ve known . You’re confused – since last night , everything turned upside down . What have you done wrong ?

“A-Aish !” You cursed as you looked at your finger . Blood oozed out from your forefinger rapidly . What a deep cut . You winced and quickly put the knife down and wash the cut . You opened the cabinet to take the first aid kit out and quickly apply the medication on the cut and wrapped a plaster around it . You then closed the first aid kit and turned around . Then Baekhyun stepped into the kitchen again and saw you in pain , with the plaster around your finger . He immediately furrowed his brows and there’s a gush of worry in him . He opened his mouth , “what— Have you finished slicing the sashimi ?”

You gulped and grimace as you turned and looked at the blood-stained sashimi .

“I … I—“

Baekhyun looked at the sashimi and nodded , “understood .” Then he threw the sashimi away and took out another one and started slicing it . You bit your lips again as you played with your foot on the ground , trying to find a conversation . Why is it so hard ? You closed your eyes and opened your mouth to try to squeeze out a word . Just a word .

“Do you want it raw or cooked ?”

*Was that me ?* You thought as you opened an eye and peeped , but you saw Baekhyun looking at you .

“Do you want it raw or cooked ?”

He repeated . You sighed , knowing that you didn’t squeeze a word out .

“I-I … Anything will do .”

Then he turned back , placing the sashimi into the plate . What ?! Just like that ? Conversation between Baekhyun and Sashimi . Wonderful . You then turned to the island and took out the lettuce and other kinds of food to prepare . But the conversation was still not there .

 

“Kids , are you guys done ?” Your mum asked as she stepped into the kitchen .

The both of you were silent but turned your heads towards her , “almost .”

You both said in unison which surprised yourself and him , but not your mum . She smiled awkwardly , “is everything alright ?”

“Yes .”

Again , in unison .

“Yes ? No ? Yes ? Yes .” Your mum then came beside you , smiling awkwardly and whispered to you , “what’s happening ?”

“Nothing mum .” You whispered .

Then the bright yellow plaster caught your mum’s eye .

“Did you cut yourself ?”

“Yeah , by accident … while I was slicing the Sashimi and something caught up— Uh … Yeah , by accident .” You stuttered .

“Aww okay , the both of you , can you help me water the plants in the garden ? I’ve forgotten to water it just now . Sure ?”

Baekhyun and you nodded , “yeah .”

Then the both of you left the kitchen , to the garden .

 

“Psst ! Come over !”

“I sense something wrong with Baekhyun and Jihae .”

“What happened ?”

“I don’t know . It was so ‘cold’ when I stepped in here and no one was talking . Not even a single sound was made . Strange . It’s my first time seeing this .”

“Really ? But Baek haven’t been weird … Hey , he’s stuttered a little when I asked him about Jihae’s dinner , last night !”

“Really ? How ?”

“He sounded kind of reluctant to come here but then he suddenly raised his voice and told me that he’ll come .”

“Ey … what’s wrong with these two ?”

“Maybe it’s some relationship problems ?”

“What ? Baek and Ji are dating ?”

“No ! I meant …”

 

You held the hose and held onto the tap , but a voice stopped you .

“Let me do it .”

Baekhyun took over the hose and started watering the plants . While you , you just backed off and sat on the grass , silently . Then a text came .

 

From : Eunhye <3

Hey Ji ! I’m sorry , I couldn’t make it to your dinner tonight ! Cropped up on something with Luhan that idiot .

 

To : Eunhye <3

It’s okay . What happened

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter