Chapter 49

Dara of the Jungle

Just left a chapter to end the story...

 

After a week..

 

The mayor is reading some documents over the table as he's sitting in the chair with calm expression. After Chaerin and Dara left, he was being threatened and tortured by the cocodrile and the others if he didn't prepare a pool for him inside the room. He had many problems to do that but being the mayor and aaall his money [citizens money] he could do it. This and everything what he wants.

 

The cocodrile opened his scary mouth full of sharp teeth and told him to do what Chaerin said before she and Dara went outside from the palace. "You better do what she said.. or you're going to be my food" those were his words. His voice was husky and deep. The tongue slipped outside from his mouth and caressed his teeth, looking at the mayor with an evil smile.

 

The mayor began to sweat while drops falling each sides of his forehead. "Okay okay...! I will. Please close your mouth... I don't want to have a heart attack" he begged. The cocodrile smiled evily and closed his mouth in a slow way. "Good....."

 

Travis and the squirrels were looking at him with a scary smile too, focused in every one of his movements. Has been a week of having workers building the pool inside his room and he was cursing himself to allow this because of these animals. His mind couldn't stop to think how simple he was to fall into this that easy.

 

Coming back to the present, softly, he opened the drawer so silently as he could. The cocodrile wasn't aware about what he was doing because of the sound of the water. His hand took off a black gun. A M9 Beretta of 9mm. The cocodrile was swimming calmly in the pool as the others were falling asleep. Looking carefully around the room, the mayor saw the coloured parrot sleeping over a rack while the squirrels were sleeping and warming themselves by their bodies together into the couch. - Stupid animals... you really think that you can manage me like you want? Please... you don't know who I am... people are better than animals. Animals are ants compared with me - the mayor thought with incredulous words.

 

His lips drawed an evil smile and he stood up in a slow way of his chair. Walking closer to the pool, he decided to kill the cocodrile first since he's the most dangerous animal inside this room. His head emerged outside of the surface and his eyes widened when he saw the man pointing at him with the weapon. He couldn't do anything to avoid the bullets. ¡¡¡PAM PAM!!! Quickly, the gold bullets traversed his skin until two holes were clearly visible on his head.

 

Blood was falling from his skin to his face, starting to stain the pool in red. The assistant jumped from her seat with a loud gasp by the scare of the sudden noises. She looked with unsure expression at the direction where the door is. - God... he's not able to kill those animals... did he? - she asked to herself.

 

The squirrels and Travis were totally awake after those sudden shoots. Travis saw the cocodrile floating dead and began to move his wings faster to fly around the room. "Craaa! Craaaaa!!" he exclaims.

 

The squirrels wake up in an instant, jump out of the couch and run away with scared screams after looking the mayor with his scary smile on his face. The assistant can't take it anymore and runs to the door when the curiosity is killing her. When she opens the door her eyes widened, Travis flew in her direction and puts himself over her head as the squirrels escape each sides of her feet.

 

"Craaa crraaaaa this crazy man killed the cocodrile! Crrraaaa!" he screamed with anxious tone.

 

"Aaahhh!!" The woman stepped fast backwards and hit the wall with her back by Travis who was moving all the time against her head. - I think I heard his voice?! - her hands went up and tried to grab his body and when she did it, she pulled him away from there. She looked surprised at the bird in front of her who was moving his sharp paws up and down, trying to climb over her hands. "Yaah can you stop moving?! You're hurting my hands" she said wincing with closed eyes as Travis was moving his feathers almost touching her eyes. 

 

The next thing that the girl saw was the mayor running outside of the building heading to his car parked to a side of the street, ready to look for Dara and Chaerin. Two bodyguards were standing there close to the door. "Hello sir. Where do you-" the mayor cut him off.

 

"Move!" he yelled still with his pistol in his right hand and roughly pushed him away. He went straightly to the driver seat and started the car. 

 

When Travis got tired from moving, he surrendered inside the assistant's soft grip. Looking at her with scared expression, she saw it. "Calm down... I'm not going to hurt you. I'm not like that silly mayor..." she said softly. Her hands hold his body softer now. Travis study her eyes in depth and he see an innocent gaze through them, making him feel a relaxation invading him, but soon he felt anxious after what happened.

 

After she said that, she widened her eyes. - Oh god, I'm talking with a parrot - the girl looked around the place and saw the people carefully looking at her. She blushed madly feeling embarrassed and run to the bathroom to lock herself inside with Travis into her arms. 

 

When she was inside the toilet, she took a sit and left Travis in front of her in a gentle way. "Chaerin.. Dara. Chaerin, Dara, Chaerin, Dara!" he was saying those names again and again as he was walking nervously back and forth. The girl's mouth was hanging open with shocked face. She was about to say something but then she saw Travis looking at her and the assistant held her breath when he flew over her laps so fast as he could. "Please, I'm not having time to explain this. I need your help! Can you help me?!" he asked nervously looking up to her eyes.

 

No one can explain how the girl felt when she clearly heard his voice. Her expression was frozen into a shocked face like someone covered her head with ice. "Girl, say something! I don't have a lot of time!!" he said making echo around the bathroom. Fortunately anybody was there to hear his speech.

 

- This is... incredible... - "Aahhh!!! Aw aw!" the girl groaned in pain when Travis bit her hands with his strong and sharp paws along with his peak. "React girl! I'm serious! They are in danger! I need your help!" said Travis again.

 

"O-okay okay... tell.. tell me. What's the problem?" she said slowly without remove her eyes from the beautiful coloured bird. Travis let out a deep sigh of relief. "At last... okay, listen carefully" the girl nodded and gasped a little when he flew over her left shoulder and told her everything against her ear. The girl widened her eyes more and more while Travis kept explaining it all.     

 

. . . .

 

Dara and Chaerin are playing inside the river, splashing water to each other. Dara's parents and their friends are looking at them with a smile. Feeling happy to see these two girls having fun together. They are laughing and chasing at each other, playing to hug each other, whispering sweet things to each other's ears and kissing as well.

 

The happiness can be smelled in the air. Thousand of fragrances flying in the air, creating a wonderful scent of jasmine, lemon and strawberry. The sun is shining gladly over their heads. But suddenly they stop when a big grey cloud covered it and soon, the light fades away as the wind begin to blow hard around the river and the jungle. The branches of the trees start to move side to side as many leafs flying in all directions, making Dara's and Chaerin's hair moving roughly.

 

Dara's fingers interlocked with Chaerin's, finding security as they are looking up to the sky. The sound of a car and a door make them look to a side when they see the mayor coming closer. "Chaerin! Dara! Run away!" the assistant run closer to them, trying to save them from the armed mayor after she came with Travis. Chaerin and Dara widened their eyes. "The mayor it's here?!" Chaerin asks and squeezes Dara's hand.

 

She's in front of Chaerin and Dara. "Yes! And he has a gun! Run for your lifes now! Before it's-" ¡PAM!"  suddenly the girl arched her back letting out a painful moan. Dara and Chaerin saw her body falling to the ground in slow motion. They gasped and their eyes followed her body until she was lying at the ground, trembling, with her back bleeding. The rain begin to fall over their heads after that.

 

Dara reacted and told Chaerin to run away like the latter said. They were running, escaping from the mayor with Dara's parents and their friends by their side. The man is chasing them with a smirk on his face.

 

Suddenly Chaerin trips hard by a branch who's in the ground making Dara's hand losing hers. Dara look behind her. "Chelin!" she yells worriedly. Dara run closer to her and helps her to stand up, but Chaerin's toe it's bleeding making her impossible to run. "Your toe... god Chelin.." Chaerin look at Dara with a weak smile.

 

"Damn it... I can't run Dara... even walk. That man it's going to kill us" says Chaerin looking back. "No! Don't say that, I'm not going to let nothing bad can happen to you or the others. We're going to survive! Come on Chelin" Dara puts her head quickly under Chaerin's left arm and her left arm around her waist.

 

The rain is falling strongly now. "Dara... I can't take the pain anymore... it's too much" Chaerin says weakly. Her toe can't stop to bleed by the deep cut and scratch against her delicate skin. "Chelin, hold on... we're going to be save soon and I'll heal your wounds when we're in a secure place" Dara tryes to encourage her while escaping from the crazy mayor.

 

After few moments, Chaerin's energy is falling more and more until she can't keep walking by the lack of blood she lost. She looks paler. Dara doing her best to save every one of them, but Dara stops abruptly when she looks at the tip of a cliff in front of her. Phantiaro, her parents and the others were around them. "Oh no... what can I do now?! Where can we go?!" she says frustratedly and desperately looking for a place, but all what she see is the empty space in front of the cliff. Without realizing, the ground was starting to crack under their feet. Maybe too much weight.

 

The mayor makes a sprint and grabs Chaerin's body away from Dara. "Chelin!" yells Dara. "You, let her go!" she said angrily running closer. Suddenly when she's about to give him a punch, the ground opened under her and Dara fell on it. The mayor draws an evil smile after Dara disappeared in front of him. 

 

"Aahh!!" Dara could grab at time the stones and  fortunately she stopped falling to have a clear death. Grabbing them tightly and hard of the edge as her body's hanging in the air. "Chelinn!" she yells again. Then, she hear evil laughs from the mayor as he's looking down at Dara in top of the hole. He step backwards, coming closer to Chaerin's body who's totally wet by the rain. She's groaning in pain and pulling herself away from the man but her injured toe makes really difficult her purpose. 

 

He pulls back the latch of the pistol, putting a bullet in front, ready to shot. Dara tries hard to climb by the ground with her feet and legs along with her hands. But the stones were falling by her weight in every try. "Damn it!! Cheliinnnn!!! Hold on!!" I'm goingg! she yells again. Looking up, she see their parents extending their hands with worried faces but when she slid her arm up, she couldn't reach them. "I will! Cheliinn!" Breathing hard, she tried again to climb, putting her left feet over a big stone, and her knee over to other.

 

"Here I go!" Dara's hand grab hard a root of a tree and started to climb more and more until she was closer to the surface. "¡¡PAM!!" Dara gasped. She was frozen after she heard that noise. She just was in a step to go out from the hole... slowly, one of her hands appeared outside and later the other one. When the light of the day illuminated the place again, Dara looked up, she see Chaerin lying motionless against the ground. Kira attacks the mayor roughly making him move away from Chaerin as she begin to devour him. His pistol fell to the ground.

 

Dara's parents weren't smiling at all, anyone of them... the environtment turned heavy and sad. They helped Dara to step out until she was standing, facing Chaerin. "Chelin... Chelin.." Dara whispered with serious face. Worried as hell.

 

Her heart begin to race and a pain increases in her chest when she see a hole traversing Chaerin's chest. She's bleeding abundantly. Dara falls on her knees, beside her body, splashing the water under them. Tears begin to form in Dara's eyes. Chaerin's head moves in her direction in a slow way, looking at her almost with her eyes closed. Dara quickly grabs her hand and put it against her cheek as her tears are falling one after the other. She plants a kiss. "Chelin..." she whispers and bites her lips holding her tears inside.

 

The others are looking the painful scene some meters away from them. Chaerin smiles weakly and caresses her cheek with her thumb. "I... love you Dara... always...remember... it" Chaerin squeezes her hand and some seconds later, her hand losened as she closed her eyes.

 

"Chelin... *sob*... Che..liin!" Dara can't hold it. Her cry becomes stronger. She pulls Chaerin's body into a hug, crying and sobbing against her neck. Her parents and her friends looked down with sad faces as some tears were falling from their eyes. Kira's mouth was falling the blood down to her fur as she was crying too. Dara looks up to the sky as she moves back and forth with Chaerin into her arms, with her tears falling non stop.

 

6 AM

 

"Chelin... no.... Chelin... you don't...." whispers Dara in her sleep as tears are falling from her eyes. Chaerin felt something wet against her chest and opened her eyes. What she saw made her feel sad, worried and her heart beating a little faster. Dara's nose and eyes were red from crying. She hugged her like if she understood what was happening. "Ssh... shh... I'm here baby... it was a nightmare... stop crying" she kissed sweetly her forehead and hugged Dara tightly, trying to make her stop sobbing into her arms and caressing her back and her head in a slow way.

 

Few moments later, Dara stopped crying and continued sleeping peacefully, burying her body against Chaerin until she could only hear her soft breathing against her skin again.

 

"That's much better.."

 

Chaerin smiled and hugged her until she fell asleep as well.