i already missed her

don't say a thing.

"I've been doing research for so long, I was super excited for this kitten."

I'm being to wonder.. Is this girl some kind of nut? Or is she just really nervous?

When she said that she would treat me to some lunch I thought it was going to be normal. But sitting inside a pet cafe is not exactly what I had in mind. They had an entire menu for each animal but what did humans have? The choice of water or a glazed donut. I couldn't trust the water at all. They probably gave the same water for both animals and humans and the last thing I need is a sip of toilet water. And the donuts? They were out of donuts. So... it's not exactly the best cafe I've been to.

"I'm sorry."

'Come on already this is the eigth time she said sorry.'

"It's fine." (and now it's eight for me too.)

I tried to kill the awkward feeling by watching the kitten eat. It had an small plate food decorated out in front of her. By now it was all gone of course but it was interesting how they made the dish so fancy as if the animals were paying attention to any of that.

"I guess I was so focused on the the Yoon's benefits.. that I forgot that I had to eat too."

She awkwardly added in a chuckle.

That's how I could really tell she was nervous. Her tail was that everytime she was put into an awkward situation she would chuckle after everything she said. It's either that or she would tilt her head forward. (When you are as quiet as me.. You watch for things like that.)

"It's.. funny."

I managed a smile which I had kept on for too long. It felt as if my face muscles loosened then tightened stiff. I was stuck like that.

"Jongin?"

"Hm?"

"I'm not always this awkward."

(I figured.)

"It's fine." (nine.)

"Oh thank goodness. I've been so confused since the fire."

She chuckled again and leaned foreward. The topic about the fire must've been really uncomfortable for her.

"I have this weird question though."

"What.. is it?"

"Why do you talk..-"

This was the part of meeting new people that I hated the most. The question was unavoidable. No matter who I met, they all ask. And there's was a reason I had no girlfriend! This handsome face would've had lots of girlfriends if I wasn't like this. But it's already hard enough to have friends since not a lot of people have the patience to talk to me! hah!

"Why do you talk so slow?

"Uh.." Now how can I shorten this?

"I'm mentally.. delayed."

That might have been too blunt. Now she's going to ask-

"What's that?"

I knew it.

"My brain can't send messages.. to my v.. ocal chords fast enough."

That was just the simple description of course. I can't really go in to depth about it anyway.

"That's actually really interesting!"

I was surprised when I didn't see her chuckle. So she wasn't faking it?

"Well about.. the kitten." I laughed a little. (It was weird how I was suddenly shy about it.)

"Oh yeah, Thank you so much I can't even tell you how greatful I am."

"It's fine." (Ten. Seriously?)

"Jongin, I owe you so much. This lunch cannot make up for you risking your life for Yoon."

She took the kitten in to her arms as she stood up. I'm guessing this meant lunch was over. Which made sense considering the freshly- plate that was completely empty.

"It's fine."

(Eleven. I wonder if she was getting irritated by that. I guess I should've asked.)

"No It's not fine, Here." She passed me a highlighter-pink sticky note with a number on it.

"We'll make plans together for something better okay?" I mustered up a nod.

She hugged me and said good bye then she was on her way.

We'll make plans together? Over the phone? That will be a long conversation.

It was only ten seconds later, and I already missed her. I missed the warmth that would huddle in to my shirt. I missed Yoon.

 

 

A//N;; that's right. you thought he missed seohyun right?

muahaha. I am quite the troll.

anyway! Sorry that this chapter was so boring.

it doesn't help that they are awkward as hell.