(Prologue)

Blooming Blossom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

PROLOGUE

------------------------------

Nothing. Existance seemed limited in the endless pits of shadow that rang around her; strangling what little life was inside the poor leftovers of her small body. Its colour was slowly beginning to fade into the darkness as they pushed out the energy, the hands of peace...fear was beginning to take over everything. Hope was no longer reachable; the light was LONG gone...and everything seemed like a tumbling cave, like walls that were closing in around her.

But what does it mean for a person to exist? Is it perhaps the physical appearance; the very sight of them standing on top of this planet with emotions, smiles, feelings? Or maybe it is the mental state; how a person views themselves in society, or what others tell them...how they view each person in this world. Can a person really be respected just by their looks, but the way they present themselves? Should likes and dislikes really be so...important to everyone around them or us? All this...does it even mean anything anymore..,

No. It didn't matter anymore, not one shrewd piece of evidence was brought forth to her attention, there was NOTHING that kept her from taking what only she could. There was nothing holding her hand back from grabbing those pills and forcing them down the base of . There was nothing forcing her to fight the pain that would overcome her. And there was stopping her from allowing the dark visitor to take her into his pit of despair.

What else was there left to live for? A second chance? Those two ghastly words that haunted her memory, plagued the mouths of few who tried to drag here away from this fate, the destiny she was meant to live through. There were no second chances, no means to hand out more ballots when the entire show was gone! What is a second chance? Another reason to live on this...piece of junk, or another alternative...another universe waiting to be discovered after death. Another adventure.

The pills were there for the taking; they were calling her name...they had been calling her name this entire time. Each one threw images into her mind of what was out there; what she could do without this dark place. This pit of despair.

Death seemed like a friend; not a cold stranger who stood awkwardly by your side waiting for the opportun moment to strike, but instead she felt it was a gift, something she needed. Like a excited child getting what they had always wanted at their birthday party, or sitting on Santa Claus's lap, or a teen meeting their favourite group. It seemed good...it seemed right.

Even as the darkness, the pain, the everything, numbed as she closed her fragile eyes, there was only one thing that rattled through her mind, that glittered in the hopeless night. Was all this...really worth death?

 

----

"One, two, step...One, two, step...And turn."

The words were simple yet elegant. They flowed from the instructors mouth as he slowly went through several complicated steps to complicated moves. He stepped forward, then slowly turned around with his hands stretched out on either side of his body, and ended where he left off. 

Several men; younger than the experienced man, followed his every move. Several seconds after he demonstrated his moves, all five men followed him, trying to replicate his majestic grace, his emotion. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter