Transient Love by Prawnified

Cupcake Review Shop

Transient Love 

By Prawnified 
 
REVIEW:
 
Title: 5/5 
 
Great title. It relates well to the story. Their romance is fleeting. 
Transient: a : passing especially quickly into and out of existence or b :passing through or by a place with only a brief stay or sojourn
 
 
Foreword: 5/5
 
I went to your profile to see if there was story created with a foreword and graphics, so I could review it accurately, and I found it. 
Your foreword is really well written and well described, to the point that the reader is curious as to what the relationship is between L and Krystal. You also emphasize the word 'Drifter' and that's another thing that makes me look forward to the story. 
 
Graphics/Poster: 9/10
 
The story poster with L and a faded figure of Krystal seems very iconic to the story, as though he would drift away from her. I also like the first gif in the description with a figure standing still while everything disappears. 
 
Plot: 50/50 
 
First off: I'm not usually a fan of Krystal. My favorite f(x) member is actually Amber. So to see a pairing like MyungStal is very new to me, because usually L is shipped with Sungyeol, Sungjong or Suzy, and Krystal is shipped with Kai. However, the way you portrayed Krystal in the story (as a girl in love) was so realistic, that I was feeling sorry for her and her feelings at the end, and in a way, I fell in love with her also due to the fact that she was just so relaxed when it came to falling in love with L.
 
Your story also made me want to hate Myungsoo for what he did, but re-reading the story, I understand why he did what he did, and that, in my opinion, is a big thing. I love the way you portrayed Myungsoo as the slightly unattached photographer. 
 
The situation that you had Krystal and Myungsoo in is very realistic and relatable because I know friends who have been in similar situations like that with their boyfriends and to see this in a story and connect to it on a such a level, it makes the story even more real, with real emotions.  The ending was sad, but it worked well with the theme and mood of the entire story. 
 
So, overall, I found the plot enticing and something that I haven't read yet before. It wasn't too sad, but it also wasn't to fluffy. It was perfect, having balanced the fluffy romance and Myungsoo's sad forever alone moments.
 
Grammar: 20/20
 
Oh my god, can I just fangirl? Your grammar is amazing. There's no pointless spelling errors, punctuation errors or anything. Your tenses are good, your sentences are good, your descriptions are excellent. Nothing to complain about at all here. 
 
Appearance: 10/10
 
I love the slightly monochromatic feel of the layout of the foreword with the gold, and black. It's a very clean layout and it's easy to see everything. 
The story itself has paragraph breaks, and appropriate line switching when needed. It's very well laid out and the story is very easy to read because of that. 
 
OVERALL MARK: 99/100 
 
Final Opinion: It was really well written. I like a good plot almost as much as the next person, but I also love great characters and your characters are well developed with a backstory and personality. I'd like to see a sequel to this, with  a happier ending for MyungStal, but overall, I feel that it was a great story and I'd like to see more from you.
Author-nim, fighting!