2

Twisted

Youngjae picked Anji up the next day and took her to get some bubble tea.  He then took her for a leisurely walk around Seoul while they sipped on their refreshing drink. 

“So, how long do you plan to stay in Seoul?”  Youngjae asked with a smile.

Anji returned his smile and shrugged.  “I’ll stay for a little while after Nichole has her baby…but I don’t know for how long.  Why?”

Youngjae seemed flustered by her question.  “No…no reason…I just…I really like you.”  He said smiling warmly again.

Anji blushed slightly.  “Thank you, I really like you too, you are a very sweet guy.”

Youngjae frowned.  “Does that mean you only like me as a friend?”

Anji laughed and shook her head.  “It means I really like you as a person and would like to get to know you more before I make any big decisions…does that help?”

Youngjae smiled brightly and nodded.  “It does.”  He then looked down and seemed to blush.  “Do you mind if I hold your hand?”

Anji smiled and took his hand.  The man was simply too cute for words.  They walked and talked and got to know each other.  He never once mentioned any villainous ex-girlfriends, which made Anji feel slightly relieved, she hated giving love advice or feeling compared to others.  She was glad he wasn’t one of those guys that uses their past tragedies to get sympathy from girls.  She didn’t have time for games, and so far Youngjae seemed like a simple, genuine, all-round nice guy; someone she could see herself being happy with, no drama, no hidden agendas, just…pure blissful simplicity.

“Might I ask what you seem so deep in thought over?”  Youngjae asked, pulling Anji from her thoughts.

Anji shook her head slightly.  “Oh, sorry,” she apologized smiling sweetly, “I was just thinking about how wonderfully…uncomplicated you are.”

Youngjae frowned.  “And…is that a good thing?”

Anji smiled and tapped a finger to his nose.  “A very good thing.”

Youngjae smiled.  “I want to show you something.”  He led her to a little park and headed straight for the swings.  “I like to come here to think.”  He said seating himself on a swing and kicking off.  “I find it relaxing and strangely comforting…like I’ve returned to my childhood…when things were simpler and most problems could be solved with a hug or a band-aid.”  He said as he stared off dreamily into the surrounding scenery as he swung back and forth.

Anji found it so endearing.  She too loved to go to the park to think.  She sat down on the swing next to him and started swinging as well.  “I know exactly what you mean…the park is where I come to think as well.”

Youngjae smiled at her.  “Really?  Glad to know I’m not the only weirdo who still likes to play on the swings.”  He said with a grin.

Anji frowned.  “Are you calling me a weirdo?”

Youngjae’s grin deepened.  “Takes one to know one, fellow weirdo.”

Anji laughed.  Youngjae was simply a fun person.  She felt happy when she was with him.  She looked at him out of the corner of her eye and admired his handsome features.  She could get use to looking at that face.  She quickly hid the wide smile that had tried to spread across her lips at that thought and continued swinging.  Was she falling for Youngjae?  Wasn’t it too soon to be feeling butterflies in her stomach when she looked at him?  She didn’t know, and she didn’t care.  She liked the way he made her feel and that was all that mattered.

After they had their fun swinging in the park he returned her home and they exchanged numbers.

“Text me whenever you want, I don’t mind.”  Youngjae said with a smile.

Anji smiled and nodded.  “Okay…same to you.”  She said blushing.

Youngjae smiled at her cuteness.  “May…may I have a kiss?  Just a small one…you know…a simple goodnight kiss?”

Anji thought for a moment and figured it couldn’t do any harm so she nodded her agreement.

Youngjae beamed and leaned forward pressing his lips sweetly against hers in a chaste kiss.  “Goodnight Anji…I had a really good time today with you.  We should do it again soon.”

Anji blushed further and nodded.  “I would like that very much.”

Youngjae smiled happily.  “Great, then I’ll text you later and we can plan for our next date.”

Anji smiled.  “Okay, goodnight Youngjae.”

“Night.”  Youngjae said with a cute wave before turning and leaving.

Anji closed the door behind her and leaned against it, putting her fingers to her lips.  She could still feel the warmth of his lips on hers.  It had been brief, but it had been memorable; because when he kissed her, she felt something.  She rushed to her room, not wanting to bump into Nichole and ruin the special moment she was having.  She curled up on her bed and sighed happily, fingers brushing her lips every now and then.  She was falling for Youngjae…hard.  It wasn’t like her; she didn’t do things like that.  She jumped slightly when her phone buzzed, but smiled when she saw it was a text from Youngjae.

Sweet dreams…

Anji bit her lip to keep from grinning like a fool and replied for him to do the same.  She set her phone back on her nightstand and sighed again, closing her eyes.  Youngjae.  Even his name made her happy.  She shook her head and giggled at herself.  When did she become such a silly romantic?  She drifted off thinking of gentle eyes, warm smiles and soft lips.

 

A/N: Soooooo sorry for taking forever to update this.  I went on vacation with my family and then went and visited a friend and then my daughter had a birthday.....yeah...I have missed talking with all of you.  I really do have the best subbies XD  I hope you all find this chapter fulfilling enough.  I am working on the next as well.  This story is very different from my others...it is taking a lot more sit down contemplation, plotting out, etc..  I want it to be perfect and i want to wow you all with it.  So please be patient with me, I am wanting to give you an amazing story!  I love you all!!!!!